ODFL | How are you treated at O.D.

Grumpy O' Man

TB Veteran
Credits
I have been with the company seven yrs now.Work local out of Gbo..I can say I work for the best LTL company...You have your bad every where you go..But has big a company has there are you still have that family friendly work relationship with O.D. Just wanted to get some feed back from other employee's around at other term.New to the site..Thank You..

First welcome to the OD forum were glad your'e here!I've been treated very well at OD,here since '05 when OD bought out WSKT.I have enjoyed friendly relationships with pretty much everyone I've come into contact with since coming to OD from managers,line coordnators,dispatchers,and shop people.Its a very easy place to work.

Thank You for the welcome my friend..I thought that would be a good question..I have alway's wonder'd if it was because we are the home term from Corp..We in gbo see most of the top management on a reg bases..I've alway's been greeted with top respect from all top management & gbo management..I alway's get thank you's &keep up the good work.It make me feel so proud to work for such a great company..A linehaul driver out of gbo was telling me last week that he was in Carlyle,Pa at the diner thereAnd the term manager invited him to his table to eat and took the bill..I say that is just first class..Number 1 rule at O.D.,very simple you do what they ask of you and they will never be a problem..Will be glad to hear what other's think..Thank's again for your time..

I ran wild for the first 18 mos.I worked here with exception of one or two terminals(CHI,DAL)I was always treated as part of that terminals team while I was in the area,I've done this thirty years so I can say with some authority not many companies operate that way,refreshing way to do business.

I've been here for 5 years now and have wondered what it's like elsewhere (FedEx, UPS etc..) but after talking to friends that work elsewhere there's no where else i wanna be. I have a few friends that no longer work for us and i always here "man i miss those days" and "wish i never left". The joke at our barn now is "if i get fired, they'll have to drag me outta here". Some things could be better but then again a lot of things could be worse.

Compared to other LTL companies (mostly heresay) I am treated well overall. The biggest problem is there are always those who won't do certain things like house stops, fingerprint, run a different run etc. and OD seems to just let that slide and the other half take up the slack. But even our harder work still is not bad. Could be alot worse. Overall I'm lucky to be here.

Next month will be my 5 year anniversary and I hope to see many many more. Over all I am completely happy to be with OD. Anyone can be nit picky about things they don't like or people in the company they don't like, but I find it easy to just ignore things that upset me since I know it's not worth it. Yes I do get miffed about stuff from time to time, who doesn't? As far as I am concerned ODFL has me until I retire or our infinitely wise government decides that fat people just don't cut it as people who can actually do the job. Thanks OD!

8 yrs and counting w/ OD and wish I would of applied years ago. I'm outa MRT barn which I find are exceptional folks to work with. I believe that the folks at the top of the ladder are Christian by faith and it shows. Take care, fellow gearjammers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far very good comment's.We all have thing's we don't like..But,that would be like that everywhere..But,I can say we all get treated very well..I just love listening to our fellow driver's from other company's& they just whine&whine...Was reading on one forum about the driver's complaining because the Xm in the truck's were not working anymore..lol..get a life people....Do work alot of hour's and even local I stay gone from home alot.But,I do get to sleep in my bed everynight..I can say far none OD is a very good place to work..Thank's for all the comment's&would love to hear more..

Also I been going through the forum's for tha past couple day's and I can say I haven't read one post bad talking OD.But, see alot of talk with the other forum's..

Yeah things are going well here Kenneth and we all should be VERY thankful!but then again throw in a merger,wholesale change of operations,or the stock price goes into the toilet and the mood at this forum would change for the worse in a hurry!I'd like to think many of the regular posters would'nt go totally negative and you'll see a lot of new posters,but threaten someones job security and JIMBOB's and my lives on this forum will get more interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
We have some issues at our barn that certainly need to be adressed, but that's probably about the same anywhere in our system. When morale is beginning to be affected though, one starts to wond er just how far it will go. Even with the plethora of daily nonsense though, there is still no place I'd rather be, and I consider myself very fortunate to be here. I'm approaching my 5yr anniversary and wish I'd have made the move years sooner.

20 years here and i am amazed everyday how well the company runs but as others have said things are not perfect and i think it would be very dull if they were.It makes us all contribute and thats healthy. I am okay with house stops and fingerprint but i really could go for much taller trees LOL.

OD is the only full time job i have ever had been here 16 years and i only 33 years old. Started part time while i was in high school, went full time in office, was outbound supervisor/dispatcher in afternoon for about 5 years, then went to driving school been driving since 02 i know alot of drivers from other lines in town and i would not trade with anyone. I dont always jump up ready to go to work, but i never dread where im going to work.

I've been her 5 years, and wish i would have came here sooner. I have run wild team, solo, and now run P&D. On average, its a great place to work, even when i have "one those days" I always have to stop and think about the other places i have worked. After that my day is much easier. Ya'll take care and be safe :)

I have been with ODFL for about 41/2 years. they have helped me through alot of tough times as some of you know my past. I recently transferred to Tucson Az, and feel right at home. Yes, there was a couple of tough years but ODFL stood next to me during that time. It was a real hard time to leave Long Island and the friendship as well as trainees that I trained there. ODFL is very FAMILY oriented compampy and will last a very long time.

I started with OD in June of 2006 at TXK. Started as a city driver and switched over to Linehaul after about a year. Was laid off when they had the big layoff in Feb of 09. After a few months on unemployment went to work for Airgas running a shuttle truck. Was rehired by OD in Nov. of 2010. Not that Airgas was a bad company, but I sure am glad to be back. I feel that OD has that family atmosphere. Terminal Manager is never to busy to answer a question or help with a problem. All in all I can say we are treaded pretty good.

My wife and I have only been at OD for 4 months ,with over 17 years of driving for other companies we have never been treated as well as we are here. We get treated with respect by management and all the drivers we have met have made us feel welcome . This is the best job we have had.