ODFL | How are you treated at O.D.

I love working for a company that is so far superior to other LTL carriers as far as O/R , claims ratio, on-time-delivery, etc. The big cheeses sure know what they are doing. However, I think you are onto something when you question whether you're treated so well because you're in the corporate hometown. Whenever we have visitors from other terminals or corporate, they are always extremely friendly and personable. But I must say that is not the case with local mgt. Rude, unfriendly, and many times downright cruel. I don't mind the fact that they are extremely demanding and allow no room for error, as that is the reason for ODs success, and I live up to those demands each and every day. It seems like everyone gets treated like crap because of the losers that are lazy and stupid. The lazy and stupid need to go but they stick around forever. I bust my azz every day and get treated like crap by local mgt., but for the money we make I can deal with it. Overall ( Besides locally) OD is a tremendous company to work for. Another pay increase is in effect and I llove it. How many other LTL employees can say that?

I love my job too, health, welfare ,pension paid for, over 60 cents a mile...average over 2000 a week. greivence procedure, work rules, job security and treated with respect....OOOPS...WRONG GREEN TRUCK:clappy:

well i can say i have been here a month and right now there is a spot on my lung and i have missed a decent amout of time and they have been very understanding i am praying that its not what it could be thats for sure. they caught it very early so i am praying like crazy. i dont think alot of companies would be that understanding especially with a new guy

well i can say i have been here a month and right now there is a spot on my lung and i have missed a decent amout of time and they have been very understanding i am praying that its not what it could be thats for sure. they caught it very early so i am praying like crazy. i dont think alot of companies would be that understanding especially with a new guy

I'm sorry to hear it.A friend of mine is about 2 weeks into his treatment.Stay in CLOSE touch with the man you work for at your terminal and us here on the board.Prayers from all to you.

Jim

well what i can say is that not knowing if it is the ugly c word makes it hard. however i will say that a few things i have learned is that stay away the cancer websites nothing uplifting there thats for sure. i have learned that the internet is your best friend or your worst nightmare. but its all good i will make it just fine.

hey fellows im out of CLT hired on Aug 2011 wish i came here in May 2008
when my last company closed up i love it here wish i would've came here
when the other company closed up all i can say i finally fount me a home
i've worked at 2 other LTL companies and they Sucked was back on the
road and finally got on here im gonna stay here aslong as Mr Brenson
yall have a good week

well lets see of this new computer works..as bad as my blu... ive been here a few years, so i think i will stay till the cows come home or they run me off......everyone have a great day or night atl calls