XPO | How did we get this way?

Does any one have anything good to say about con-way? I wish i made 70k a year.

This is a good question considering we make 55k to 100k a year. Most of this comes from drivers that were here when you treated like gold. I'll admit I was not here then. I, however, like the check and view it as a job. If you were as one of the drivers who built the company into what it is today you would feel differently than I do. Current management has no ties to those who built the company from the ground up. Those people gave everything they had to make this a great company.. What did they get in return.. They lost the pension, they are treated like children, and they watch management tell them what they are doing wrong in all the videos. I'd be pissed to. Most companies are now run in this fashion. They we are simply voicing our displeasure at it..

Imagine marrying a beautiful woman, thinking of a life with her, she promises so much. After the wedding she changes and starts in harping on your daily about how bad and wrong you are. Keeps cutting your money. Soon you'd get to thinking things would be better somewhere else....... :chairshot::chairshot:

Does any one have anything good to say about con-way? I wish i made 70k a year.

Imagine marrying a beautiful woman, thinking of a life with her, she promises so much. After the wedding she changes and starts in harping on your daily about how bad and wrong you are. Keeps cutting your money. Soon you'd get to thinking things would be better somewhere else....... :chairshot::chairshot:
Is that what your driver is telling you?:hide::hide:

Sign Me Up To Be The Jackass

Good analogy;

FOUR LITTLE ANIMALS

You have got to love this little girl....

What a fine woman / wife she'll make!!!!?????

A teacher asked her class, What do you want out of life? '

A little girl in the back row raised her hand and said,

'All I want out of life is four little animals.'

The teacher asked.....

'Really, and what four little animals would that be sugar?'

The little girl said, 'A mink on my back, a jaguar in the

garage, a tiger in my bed, and of course, I'll need a

jackass to pay for all of it.' The teacher fainted.

I've got the jackass, now where's the rest of it?? :hysterical::hysterical:

Good analogy;

FOUR LITTLE ANIMALS

You have got to love this little girl....

What a fine woman / wife she'll make!!!!?????

A teacher asked her class, What do you want out of life? '

A little girl in the back row raised her hand and said,

'All I want out of life is four little animals.'

The teacher asked.....

'Really, and what four little animals would that be sugar?'

The little girl said, 'A mink on my back, a jaguar in the

garage, a tiger in my bed, and of course, I'll need a

jackass to pay for all of it.' The teacher fainted.

Con-way has been very good to me.

You mean that isnt what really happens after you get married??? When did this start???

Oh and I am having thoughts about certain colored toilet paper jokes we have all read elsewhere here....

If you call creating an unpleasant work environment that is clouded with contempt and distrust. And if having your pension reneged on and your sick days removed and............

Then One Conway has been very good to me too.

If you call creating an unpleasant work environment that is clouded with contempt and distrust. And if having your pension reneged on and your sick days removed and............

Then One Conway has been very good to me too.

There are shallow people of all depths...some people look to the future farther then others...i.e...we look to the future from day to day through retirement...some people look at the future as to which cubicle they can suck their way into tomorrow...

Con-way has been very good to me.

If you call our work environment/culture that is based on mutual contempt and distrust healthy.

If you call having your pension reneged on and your 10 sick days removed and......

......Then One Conway has been very good to me too.

Sorry 'nobody.
Got posts chronologically discombobulated.

I know...i was trying to point out (which with using the big words you just did clearly shows you know what i was trying to point out) people place values on different things...the person you are referring gave the impression they were in some sort of management position (which I personally highly doubt based on that persons post) and simply look to the next position they can obtain with conway versus what is after conway...some people will do this their entire life and hence feel like the company they are employed by has treated them well...someone i think it was you who posted the cartoon about the manager telling the stiff he was fired and got his response then said he was kidding but at the same time insured the 2% pay raise was received better then it would have been...so tell someone they can get a bigger cubicle if they like what is tossed their way...

Dilbert (the comic strip) illustrates just how ludicrous and inefficient a company like One Conway can become. What glares out is Conway does not have to be that way. But alas, we become but a mirror image of our leadership.

I'm SURE you won't tell my driver, right?? :1036316054:

1BADLT1 comes across in his posts as a young person, one that hasn't considered his pension yet. The Here and Now are the most important and it is in a way. The Here and Now is what makes our Future. So putting money back into some kind of retirement Here and Now will help.
The point of the drivers that have been at ConWay for a long while is they signed on for one trip and the Captain changed courses in middle of the ocean and thus taking away from the future a.k.a. the retirement dock they were expecting. And it's late in the game for the older drivers that have a lot of years in/close to retirement age: meaning when they retire from ConWay they won't have that nice pension as promised but will have to accept what they can get AND get another job to supplement it.

It is NOT right and it is NOT fair. And by standing by and saying how good ConWay is in the middle of their abuse of older drivers' trust is just encouraging them to abuse YOU later. Get it stopped now and you won't have to worry about it later. If there is a later.

We dont even need to go into exactly how wrong this statement is...:hysterical:

I'm SURE you won't tell my driver, right?? :1036316054:

1BADLT1 comes across in his posts as a young person, one that hasn't considered his pension yet. The Here and Now are the most important and it is in a way. The Here and Now is what makes our Future. So putting money back into some kind of retirement Here and Now will help.
The point of the drivers that have been at ConWay for a long while is they signed on for one trip and the Captain changed courses in middle of the ocean and thus taking away from the future a.k.a. the retirement dock they were expecting. And it's late in the game for the older drivers that have a lot of years in/close to retirement age: meaning when they retire from ConWay they won't have that nice pension as promised but will have to accept what they can get AND get another job to supplement it.

It is NOT right and it is NOT fair. And by standing by and saying how good ConWay is in the middle of their abuse of older drivers' trust is just encouraging them to abuse YOU later. Get it stopped now and you won't have to worry about it later. If there is a later.

I don't know if your suspicion concerning BALD's age is correct, but the rest;​

Very well said!​

He strikes me as either young or had too much kool aid on top of the candy bar. Maybe a recent hire.
Just does NOT come across, to me, as being long term employee or in a/any job for a long period of time and as such hasn't had time to build up cynicism or caution.

He strikes me as either young or had too much kool aid on top of the candy bar. Maybe a recent hire.
Just does NOT come across, to me, as being long term employee or in a/any job for a long period of time and as such hasn't had time to build up cynicism or caution.
I can say that I like my job and I've been around for a while. It just depends where you work and where you are in your life. I don't want to start over, so I just like my job and take whatever comes my way.

BTW, I'm on target to have my half million when I retire. So I'm not worried about anything.