ABF | How Do Teamsters Matter Anymore.

It’s one thing to have a thought in your head, but to actually put it into print on an open forum. SMH !!
You must misunderstand my post. It’s sarcasm. I would never give back to the company. I’ve voted against every give back and to think I would actually give back makes you look silly. SYH all you want.

Last edited:
ABF/ArcBest has been trying to cut pay, pension, benefits, and vacation for.....decades. This isn't the first time they gave out "total compensation" statements,......They did it after the 1994 strike for a while.......

So, I think no one on here is giving them any....."new" ideas.......They've been actively working to minimize their Labor costs so they can maximize shareholder profits any way they can,......

Those Stinky Overpriced Truck Drivers! If we could only pay them Minimum wage,...(..or even less...)....our Shareholders would reward us with Massive bonuses!

ABF/ArcBest has been trying to cut pay, pension, benefits, and vacation for.....decades. This isn't the first time they gave out "total compensation" statements,......They did it after the 1994 strike for a while.......

So, I think no one on here is giving them any....."new" ideas.......They've been actively working to minimize their Labor costs so they can maximize shareholder profits any way they can,......

Those Stinky Overpriced Truck Drivers! If we could only pay them Minimum wage,...(..or even less...)....our Shareholders would reward us with Massive bonuses!
Fed Ex Freight pays well...

Supply and demand, a company will pay what it needs to to attract and keep drivers. Not a penny more or less

Fed Ex Freight pays well...

I think Fed ex pays more

Yes they do,........Sometimes. There are two terminals in the Pittsburgh area that have been feuding for years over the difference of pay between the terminals.
FedEx does not have a national contract. The company can very easily play one terminal off against another. There is no jurisdictions between terminals , either,...to prevent that very thing from happening.

FedEx management can adjust pay, conditions, and rules on their whim, (...like overtime pay..)......to the Labor force's disadvantage. They can even do it in terminals,...in house. I believe the standing rule is that,.....any FedEx employee who discusses pay with any other employee risks getting fired......
You really don't know what your co-worker is making.......You might think you do........

And,...of course,....there's the loss of your First Amendment Rights when you punch the timeclock. Your Right to Organize is protected by Federal law, stemming from rulings based on your Freedom of Speech, and your Right of Assembly....

Try flinging that statement out there during the next company meeting.....You'll find out what "Employment-At-Will" means.....

last i heard they had some funny work rules maybe that has changed. Less pay when you work the dock and do they get ot after 40? The per hour wage was good though.
With a union contract, I think they get OT after 8/after 40. I have a buddy of mine who works at UPSF...I’ll check with him on that.

Yes they do,........Sometimes. There are two terminals in the Pittsburgh area that have been feuding for years over the difference of pay between the terminals.
FedEx does not have a national contract. The company can very easily play one terminal off against another. There is no jurisdictions between terminals , either,...to prevent that very thing from happening.

FedEx management can adjust pay, conditions, and rules on their whim, (...like overtime pay..)......to the Labor force's disadvantage. They can even do it in terminals,...in house. I believe the standing rule is that,.....any FedEx employee who discusses pay with any other employee risks getting fired......
You really don't know what your co-worker is making.......You might think you do........

And,...of course,....there's the loss of your First Amendment Rights when you punch the timeclock. Your Right to Organize is protected by Federal law, stemming from rulings based on your Freedom of Speech, and your Right of Assembly....

Try flinging that statement out there during the next company meeting.....You'll find out what "Employment-At-Will" means.....

True, I see now how lucky YRC employees are to have a contract....

True, I see now how lucky YRC employees are to have a contract....

There is a national effort to destroy contracts. Unfortunately,.....some Labor leaders seem to be on the side of the destroyers.
Since FedEx doesn't have any sort of Union presence, ......they're not on the front lines of the battle for Labor rights.

Not even part if the support troops.
Just waiting it out on the sidelines...

I like their "clown suite"

Wearing a uniform pales in comparison to erosion of Rights. And,....Once again,.....the non-Union drivers and Union drivers,...are NOT enemies.....
The....Enemies,....are the ones who want to destroy your Right to Organize,...your Right of Free Speech,...on Company Property..(..Still is American soil...)....
....the ones who would like nothing better than their employees to....decertify...any Union there is....Those are the Enemy...

ABF/YRC/UPSF aren't...Union......They are Employers.....Their Employees happen to be Union,....and therefore on the front lines of protecting Labor Rights for everyone in our Craft.....

If you're seeing destruction of Union contracts,.....do you think it will make things better for those without a contract?
Trucking is not even covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act.........They don't HAVE to pay you Overtime,.....They don't even HAVE to pay you Minimum Wage,.....They could pay you mileage,...in the City, if they want.....

And,...under Employment-At-Will,...you either accept it,..or quit. No negotiation.......

Don't gloat over eroding contracts.....Once they're gone.......it will be a race to the bottom,....especially in a bad economy,...where people are desperate for work, under ANY conditions,....
That will be your "Competition".