ABF | How Do Teamsters Matter Anymore.

Teamsters are not relevant in today's society. They are an evil organization. Nobody respects them anymore.

Not sure I can survive after you tell me this.
Pray tell me, is there anything I can possibly do to earn your respect?

Not sure I can survive after you tell me this.
Pray tell me, is there anything I can possibly do to earn your respect?
I'm sorry. It's just how it is. They use to have my respect, but I eventually realized that they were enemies. I dont trust them. Please don't take it personal Mr Seabreeze, but I don't need their false representation. They will smile in your face, and stab you in your back. The teamster union represents the company, not their members. I can do a lot better with my life than be a member of a corrupt labor union, and work for a failing company that's on the verge of bankruptcy. That's not a solid foundation to build a life on. Speaking of YRC/Holland, not ABF. The union stewards walk around with their chest polked out acting like they're a God or something. You can't even ask them a simple question. The Stewart's go around and spread all of your personal business to the other employees and managers. Tbe only time they act like they really care is when it's time to vote for them again to be steward. I dont have time to play childish games. I went back to college to get my degree, and now I have a real career. I gave myself a promotion. Now I live a stress free life and I am treated with respect. Thanks be to God for getting me away from that toxic work environment. My wife and family says that I'm a much happier person since I left Holland. I didn't realize the toll it had taken on me mentally until I left. But God rescued me from that place, and I am so glad He did.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. It's just how it is. They use to have my respect, but I eventually realized that they were enemies. I dont trust them. Please don't take it personal Mr Seabreeze, but I don't need their false representation. They will smile in your face, and stab you in your back. The teamster union represents the company, not their members. I can do a lot better with my life than be a member of a corrupt labor union, and work for a failing company that's on the verge of bankruptcy. That's not a solid foundation to build a life on. Speaking of YRC/Holland, not ABF. The union stewards walk around with their chest polked out acting like they're a God or something. You can't even ask them a simple question. The Stewart's go around and spread all of your personal business to the other employees and managers. Tbe only time they act like they really care is when it's time to vote for them again to be steward. I dont have time to play childish games. I went back to college to get my degree, and now I have a real career. I gave myself a promotion. Now I live a stress free life and I am treated with respect. Thanks be to God for getting me away from that toxic work environment. My wife and family says that I'm a much happier person since I left Holland. I didn't realize the toll it had taken on me mentally until I left. But God rescued me from that place, and I am so glad He did.
Let’s see,if I had a choice between god and the teamsters I think I would choose something that is real and not imaginary.

Funny how the non-union people always talk about their hourly wage, but never mention what their insurance/retirement deductions are per paycheck.

Here you go. Paid .72cpm, $80 week for full family coverage, 7% pay before taxes to 401k that is matched 100% by company. Still bring home $1300-$1600 week. Leave Monday night home Friday. Drive same 2020 truck, no slip seat, take truck to hotel every day. Cell phone stipend monthly paid by company to driver, uniforms paid by company yearly. No union needed because we treated like an adult by management.

Here you go. Paid .72cpm, $80 week for full family coverage, 7% pay before taxes to 401k that is matched 100% by company. Still bring home $1300-$1600 week. Leave Monday night home Friday. Drive same 2020 truck, no slip seat, take truck to hotel every day. Cell phone stipend monthly paid by company to driver, uniforms paid by company yearly. No union needed because we treated like an adult by management.

Until you become an.....impediment to profits. Or they have a "Change of Operations,...and you become...inconvenient.......
Or you get hurt on the job,....and become expensive.

Or,....God forbid,......You get angry about favoritism, and speak up. Especially if you're older, with lots of vacation time.......
Or,.....your family starts getting expensive in the Health care/Time off mode........
Or,......they decide a younger employee could do your run faster......

I've always said that,....Most non-Union guys only think about joining a Union,....a week after they've been Fired,...or a month after they've Retired......

the non-Unions are very careful about driver wages and conditions.....when there is a booming economy, and a shortage of drivers.....

Let's see what happens when the economy falters and there's a glut of drivers out there,......Be just like 1982,....or 1992,.....or 2001,.....or 2008,...all over again.....

They can force pay cuts, you know. And they have,..in the past.
And I don't want to wish it on you,...but I've seen a lot in 42 years of driving......

Still........$4160 a year for healthcare....

The bottom line is that......group health care shouldn't cost you a thing......
And if companies weren't trying to wreck pensions,.....they shouldn't cost you anything either.

Working people,..Union or non-Union,....are under assault. Take more out of that check....means you'll work more hours to...make it up.
Company profits......Family loses.....

And if companies weren't trying to wreck pensions,.....they shouldn't cost you anything either.

Working people,..Union or non-Union,....are under assault. Take more out of that check....means you'll work more hours to...make it up.
And they never tell you what their co- pay’s & deductibles are....

You ran away. You didn't get what you thought you should have,....so you left.
Some people do that,...because they have no clue how things work.
Did the steward tell you something you didn't like? Did you understand why he was telling you that?
Every steward is trained to represent....everyone.....because anti-Union groups are more than happy to help you file a lawsuit for....non-representation. Far worse now than it was 10 years ago.
Being a steward makes you a target. And yet you say you couldn't "ask them a question ".

I think you just didn't like the answers you got......so it's easier to trash the Union.

Can you answer me this, the Teamsters lean heavily towards the Democratic party which is pushing for health care for all, if that happens what will you say about no cost health care then

Can you answer me this, the Teamsters lean heavily towards the Democratic party which is pushing for health care for all, if that happens what will you say about no cost health care then

Certainly,.........Health care for all, means no more Insurance middleman,.....to get rich off of his percentage.
Of which........it has nothing to do with...health..
And everything to do with Labor costs.

Health care for all......means that you and I get the same care. It's not a competition . And,....as health "insurance" is a company cost,......when that is eliminated, they can offer you better wages with all that money they are saving.
Right now your employer is paying roughly$700-$800 per household person for health "insurance"..........You're paying a weekly co-pay to your employer for the "privilege " of using their insurance company.
Would you rather have that $700-$800 a month in wages, with,...say a $400 a month increase in taxes......so you'll NEVER be out of healthcare, no matter what your employer does.......(..a $300-$400 a month profit)....
Or , would you want your employer to control your health "care " through their Insurance company,.......and you lose it when you get laid off/quit/ fired/ retire......?
Insurance companies in healthcare is the biggest scam going
With kickbacks to all employers for doing "business" with them.....

No wonder the employers want to keep things just as they are....
They can hold your families health for ransom.......Makes for a real quiet and docile workforce.

Certainly,.........Health care for all, means no more Insurance middleman,.....to get rich off of his percentage.
Of which........it has nothing to do with...health..
And everything to do with Labor costs.

Health care for all......means that you and I get the same care. It's not a competition . And,....as health "insurance" is a company cost,......when that is eliminated, they can offer you better wages with all that money they are saving.
Right now your employer is paying roughly$700-$800 per household person for health "insurance"..........You're paying a weekly co-pay to your employer for the "privilege " of using their insurance company.
Would you rather have that $700-$800 a month in wages, with,...say a $400 a month increase in taxes......so you'll NEVER be out of healthcare, no matter what your employer does.......(..a $300-$400 a month profit)....
Or , would you want your employer to control your health "care " through their Insurance company,.......and you lose it when you get laid off/quit/ fired/ retire......?
Insurance companies in healthcare is the biggest scam going
With kickbacks to all employers for doing "business" with them.....

No wonder the employers want to keep things just as they are....
They can hold your families health for ransom.......Makes for a real quiet and docile workforce.
What would a union have to offer if everyone has the same insurance, a failing pension in many area's and less pay then non union carriers

What would a union have to offer if everyone has the same insurance, a failing pension in many area's and less pay then non union carriers

Unfortunately , I'll have to agree about.....some,...not all.....of the Teamster pensions. It does seem like there's a corporate plan to destroy them..

And some of our"leaders" are OK with that...
Wonder why? And.....when they finally talk all employees into funding their own retirement,....based on the vagaries of the stock market,.....well, then....they've washed their hands of any....responsibility toward any former employee.
God help anyone retiring on a 401(k) in the next several years.

And the pay part? You do understand what "Employee-at-will" is?
Wages can......and have.....gone down for non-Unions. Nothing written and signed.
We've been in a boom market and a driver shortage for the last 8 years.
Let's see what happens when the bottom drops......like it has before.
You might want something in writing.....

Unfortunately , I'll have to agree about.....some,...not all.....of the Teamster pensions. It does seem like there's a corporate plan to destroy them..

And some of our"leaders" are OK with that...
Wonder why? And.....when they finally talk all employees into funding their own retirement,....based on the vagaries of the stock market,.....well, then....they've washed their hands of any....responsibility toward any former employee.
God help anyone retiring on a 401(k) in the next several years.

And the pay part? You do understand what "Employee-at-will" is?
Wages can......and have.....gone down for non-Unions. Nothing written and signed.
We've been in a boom market and a driver shortage for the last 8 years.
Let's see what happens when the bottom drops......like it has before.
You might want something in writing.....
What good does it make to have something in writing if the company doesn't do it like YRC not contributing to the health and wellness. Or saying they need a 15% give back or go out of business.