ABF | How Do Teamsters Matter Anymore.

Why is that? Maybe you would like to tell us what a great pension plan Estes has.
And I put 10 percent, definitely much better than what those in central states are facing, I had 26 years, so I know what everyone is going through, looking back, I wouldn't trade this job for any other, great people to work for

Why is that? Maybe you would like to tell us what a great pension plan Estes has.
And furthermore, if the Teamsters cared about those at abf,they would negotiate a deal to separate your pension, as it stands now, abf,is just throwing money away, and that is criminal, being in cspf,as employees your in the same boat as yrc,

How much would you say you give back a year in benefits, overtime & 401k contribution’s....
Overtime after 50,my medical is free, 5000,dollar deductible on major medical, so I really give back nothing, 31.20,hourly rate 72 cpm on road, listen, I hate what everyone is going through, that's why Ieft, I just don't see it ever getting better, I had enough, gave up 5 weeks vacation, hope it turns around for you guys, but I have no complaints, after 401 paid,I bring home around 1340 a week

How much would you say you give back a year in benefits, overtime & 401k contribution’s....
I would tell anyone who is staying in the freight business, Estes clearly is a great company to work for, they treat you with respect, the work environment is phenomenal, you don't have to worry about looking over your shoulder every day, they were number 139,in Forbes magazine, as a top 500 company to work for, and were voted the top transportation company to work for, they have great compensation package, they just want you to do your job,

I would tell anyone who is staying in the freight business, Estes clearly is a great company to work for, they treat you with respect, the work environment is phenomenal, you don't have to worry about looking over your shoulder every day, they were number 139,in Forbes magazine, as a top 500 company to work for, and were voted the top transportation company to work for, they have great compensation package, they just want you to do your job,
Overtime after 50,my medical is free, 5000,dollar deductible on major medical, so I really give back nothing, 31.20,hourly rate 72 cpm on road, listen, I hate what everyone is going through, that's why Ieft, I just don't see it ever getting better, I had enough, gave up 5 weeks vacation, hope it turns around for you guys, but I have no complaints, after 401 paid,I bring home around 1340 a week
You say medical is free kam2010 who work’s for Estes said he pays $80 a week for insurance....It’s on page 3 or this thread....

And I put 10 percent, definitely much better than what those in central states are facing, I had 26 years, so I know what everyone is going through, looking back, I wouldn't trade this job for any other, great people to work for
Well then, that’s a good thing! It’s been said that if you like what you’re doing, you never ‘work’ a day in your life. Every time this union/non-union issue comes up, i think of that scene in the movie ‘Stripes’ where Bill Murray and Harold Ramis are sitting in the Army Recruiting Office and the sergeant says: “I'm not saying that the army (Teamsters Union) will be able to do for you what it did for me. All I'm saying is you get out of it exactly what you put into it.” If you’re happy where you’re at, stay there. It’s that simple. And, once again, the CSPF is not the ONLY Teamster plan out there. To use that fund as the bellwether is inaccurate and unfair. There are numerous Teamster Pension funds out there that are adequately funded.

Well then, that’s a good thing! It’s been said that if you like what you’re doing, you never ‘work’ a day in your life. Every time this union/non-union issue comes up, i think of that scene in the movie ‘Stripes’ where Bill Murray and Harold Ramis are sitting in the Army Recruiting Office and the sergeant says: “I'm not saying that the army (Teamsters Union) will be able to do for you what it did for me. All I'm saying is you get out of it exactly what you put into it.” If you’re happy where you’re at, stay there. It’s that simple. And, once again, the CSPF is not the ONLY Teamster plan out there. To use that fund as the bellwether is inaccurate and unfair. There are numerous Teamster Pension funds out there that are adequately funded.
CSPF and YRC are the only examples they have, if they can't use those two they have nothing.

And.....There is a fair chance that Congress will get a legislative fix on those pension plans in trouble.
The last COVID relief Bill......passed in the House last week.....had Butch Lewis language in it. Senate said it was "DOA" though...and wouldn't vote on it....
For now.....

Just a matter of time, from what I gather......I don't see Congress allowing CSPF to go bankrupt....
Not with all this handing out of money to everyone and their brother.......
Timing is everything.....
How about right before an election?

But, when the pensions are fixed......there will be very little difference between the companies.....
Except the Union ones will have due process and arbitration....

And a long-term fix to the pensions means no more worries about losing half the value of that 401(k) right before you retire....

Choices...choices....

And.....There is a fair chance that Congress will get a legislative fix on those pension plans in trouble.
The last COVID relief Bill......passed in the House last week.....had Butch Lewis language in it. Senate said it was "DOA" though...and wouldn't vote on it....
For now.....

Just a matter of time, from what I gather......I don't see Congress allowing CSPF to go bankrupt....

But, when the pensions are fixed......there will be very little difference between the companies.....

And a long-term fix to the pensions means no more worries about losing half the value of that 401(k) right before you retire....

Choices...choices....
If the pension is bailed out, that's a big if,

For now.....

Choices...choices....
You are right, choices, nothing guaranteed, I got 26 years invested, who knows, but I wouldn't count on a house full of Republicans to bail the pension out

What else is there, yrc not paying will soon bring it all down, and I have plenty,that's pretty weak statement,
UPS still contributes into my fund (central Pa) ABF paid in over $21,000 to my pension. Their are a lot is smaller companies the contribute towards the pension besides YRC....

UPS still contributes into my fund (central Pa) ABF paid in over $21,000 to my pension. Their are a lot is smaller companies the contribute towards the pension besides YRC....
Right now the fund will be broke in 2025,that doesn't getting 21000,they paid on your behalf, there's a difference

There are several good non union trucking jobs that are way better then the union guys