ABF | How much$

imported_ltl1

TB Lurker
Credits
So how much do you guys think Kemp and company are trying to get back? Any ABF employee who doesn't know what I am talking about go to abfatwork and watch the video where Kemp says they are talking with the union and hope to have a vote before the end of the quarter.

Don't see how ABF can't ask for some type concessions. With the YRC pay cut(S), and almost every carrier out there taking some type of pay cut, ABF has to be more competitive. Don't like it, but am realistic. ABF has the highest costs in the industry.

I agree,if we can lower cost to get more freight=more guys back to work.Just wondering how much they are asking for.Guess will find out soon enough.

My guess- They will be trying to get out of the pension. They won't even try for a wage cut.

concessions

I would think getting out of the penison would be enough. If they ask for wages i would say no but hell no.:shift:

I DON'T THINK THEY WILL BE LOOKING FOR CONCESSIONS FROM THE WORKERS SEEING THEY ARE SPONSORING ANOTHER RACE CAR IN 2009......THERES A FEW MILLION OUT THE WINDOW....:shift::TR10driving03::popcorn:

I had not been to the ABF at work site in a long time,but I was interested in hearing Kemp talk about a new deal with union he would like to work out.I see that it in the second quarter results. The company should put this report out quicker than most quarterly report as the will effect the employee's wages and benefit's as they sit down to negotiate with the union.How will you vote if they ask for concession's?

I would have to see what they are willing to give us. If they were to offer an option for 15% to 20% of the company, then we might have a deal, but you know ABF isn't going to make that kind of offer... The only reason YRCW did is because their stock isn't worth ::shit::.

It's time to break the union. There are lots of unemployed workers who would love to have a job. The future is NON-union.

Do you really think that the non union wages will remain the same if the union goes? No one can be that naive!

No. The lazy can find work at McDonalds and Hoffa can retire in Mexico with the millions he skimmed from the helpless union employee.

No- Not the hardest workers that would keep their jobs, just the ones that kissed the most :eck13:!!!!

Do you truly believe that?? They would pay you based on performance & hardwork?? You think you'll be able to trake care of your family b/c you work so hard for ABF they'll take care of you???? OH THAT'S RIGHT WE'RE AN ABF FAMILY!!

Please !!!

I don't know why it is with these treads seem get off the the topic. ABF is asking the Teamsters for a wage concession.First ABF has to open up the books to Teamsters and show that under the current contract they are having a problem with cash flow.If the Teamster look at the books and ABF is spending money on buying a third party company,my opinion is they will not give a wage concession.

Just raise your hand as ABF is always looking for voluntary's to have their wages and pension cut. The same old song and dance as the last CEO talked about in the quarterly report video's. When ABF was not going to sign a me-too agreement with yrc.

I DON'T THINK THEY WILL BE LOOKING FOR CONCESSIONS FROM THE WORKERS SEEING THEY ARE SPONSORING ANOTHER RACE CAR IN 2009......THERES A FEW MILLION OUT THE WINDOW....:shift::TR10driving03::popcorn:

If you are talking about a Nascar race, I will tell you why! Because of advertisment. It is the best for the money. Not only do the people at the race see the name ABF, but so do the millions watching on TV. There are alot of Nascar fans.