ABF | How much$

I would think getting out of the penison would be enough. If they ask for wages i would say no but hell no.:shift:

The man wants to work forever. Cool. Would chose no pension over a pay cut. Are you really an ABF teamster?

The pension is gone anyway thanks to yrc.What i meant was if abf wants to take $$$$ from me or us i would say no but hell no and to your ? if i am a abf teamster ,my family ate teamster union at the supper table when i was growing up so it is in the BLOOD UNLIKE SOME OF US. To thejoe.:shift:

The pension is gone anyway thanks to yrc.What i meant was if abf wants to take $$$$ from me or us i would say no but hell no and to your ? if i am a abf teamster ,my family ate teamster union at the supper table when i was growing up so it is in the BLOOD UNLIKE SOME OF US. To thejoe.:shift:
Not me...we have to be competitive, and right now we have
the highest wages/pension costs in the industry. That can't last much longer,even for you good ole Teamsters..Wow, well never mind.

No, he probably has common sense. You don't have to be management to have common sense, right fellow driver? You can't blame ABF for looking at their options. They are a company and companies are in business to make money. When they see a competitor getting away with stuff with some benefit to it, they wonder if they can do it to. It's simple economics. Hopefully, it won't hurt too bad if and when they decide to do whatever they decide to do. It's not buttkissing, it's the reality of what we are doing right now.

Not me...we have to be competitive, and right now we have
the highest wages/pension costs in the industry. That can't last much longer,even for you good ole Teamsters..Wow, well never mind.

As long as YRC employees cost are more then $10.00 less than ours how do you think the boys at the Fort can compete? ABF will not haul freight at a loss. We either lay off a lot of people or you will work for less. I see all the meesters working their 50 plus hours a week with more than enough time to retire. It is their choice, but have any of them sat down and figured how long it will take them to recoup what they are not collecting? They could be laying at tyhe beach while 2 junior men are still working.

Its done and over...ABF will fold or decertify ....Yrc is a dead horse..They're will be no Teamster truckers by the the end of the year...Our pensions and jobs are gone...How ironic that **** hoffa jr tore down what his dad built up...gl all :ranting2:

Its done and over...ABF will fold or decertify ....Yrc is a dead horse..They're will be no Teamster truckers by the the end of the year...Our pensions and jobs are gone...How ironic that **** hoffa jr tore down what his dad built up...gl all :ranting2:

your right about one thing, yrc is a dead horse! I felt that in Nov. 08 and quit new penn didnt want to be left holding the bag when they go out!! And they will go out,just a matter of time. as far as abf folding or decertifying what are you kidding me? abf lost 15 mil the 2nd quarter that ain't ::shit::. they did something to drive up the O R in the fourth quarter!! region 2 was operating at mid 80's low 90's in dec then in Jan '09 everybody is at 110 or higher bullshit!!!!!! there trying to make it look that way don't buy into the bullshit.

your right about one thing, yrc is a dead horse! I felt that in Nov. 08 and quit new penn didnt want to be left holding the bag when they go out!! And they will go out,just a matter of time. as far as abf folding or decertifying what are you kidding me? abf lost 15 mil the 2nd quarter that ain't ::shit::. they did something to drive up the O R in the fourth quarter!! region 2 was operating at mid 80's low 90's in dec then in Jan '09 everybody is at 110 or higher bullshit!!!!!! there trying to make it look that way don't buy into the bullshit.

Dude, you jumped to the wrong company,the writing is on the wall for Abf just as it is for Yrc and it was all those union companies that have gone out in the last 20 years.The union labor costs just cannot compete with the new breed of competition. In the long run,the only thing that can save ABF is a big change in their cost structure as in no pension; lower pay scale for dockworkers,etc.

Dude, you jumped to the wrong company,the writing is on the wall for Abf just as it is for Yrc and it was all those union companies that have gone out in the last 20 years.The union labor costs just cannot compete with the new breed of competition. In the long run,the only thing that can save ABF is a big change in their cost structure as in no pension; lower pay scale for dockworkers,etc.

So if yrc closes you wont come to abf, upsf or any other union company for a job? ABF is a solid company and will be around a while. But i will agree with you on the pension the multi pension is a thing of the past. abf will have to get out sooner or later.

We will be working for Ten dollars a hour + FULL H/W AND FULL PENSION NO IF AND BUTTS ABOUT IT !!!!!

The pension is gone anyway thanks to yrc.

YRC didn't make the pension go away ---how about puttting blame were it belongs---How bout our great Teamster Leaders letting UPS out - Letting CF's debt be settled for pennies on the dollar or maybe the fact that we don't organize anyone into Central states Pension----But who would want to jump on the unfunded liability train?

Yellow is in fact bringing the whole trucking industries wages down. Please understand this!! We work hard for our hourly rate and most of us have been bearing the terrible cold weather and strain on our backs for years. We make good money I'll be the first to admit it but its not to much. Yellow has started a snowball effect by lowering there rates and lowering their employees wages right along with the rates. It will never work for them and we should never except it at ABF. The economy and our freight levels are already starting to look up. Don't cave in after a few quarters of losses. Don't forget all the quarters that they made millions. Probably for 10 years straight they made a profit every quarter. Taking a look at the pension issue is understandable but thats it. We will be lucky if we get 33% of it anyway. I will entertain a better way to fund our pension but I will vote no on giving one red cent of my hourly wage. NOT ONE RED CENT