ABF | How much$

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear there is a video out telling us we maybe taking a wage cut. They are in negotiation for the 3rd time with IBT for a wage cut and more.

I do not want to take a step mackwards!!! But I would consider a wage freeze with time limits, options.

Since ABF tried the first time for the same cut as YRC and was told no because we did not show a loss. I have seen my self how central dispatch is making us lose money. 1 example was told to take a trailer that was for a terminal I was going right by. And I mean 2 blocks off the freeway I was on and take it to a terminal over 200 miles away. when a shuttle driver could have delivered it. and I was told to leave the 2 trailers there for the terminal I was going to over 300 miles away. And when I tried to depart myself with the outomated system it put me back to central. Wht? because the computer new this was wrong!!!:TR10driving03:

well i say i would take a cut and make abf better to complete and start making money agian and gain more business even at 5 or 10 percent or abf getting out of the pension we still make great money its beats going back to work at schnieder jb hunt swift warner ect ect ect- 064 ROAD DRIVER

your right about one thing, yrc is a dead horse! I felt that in Nov. 08 and quit new penn didnt want to be left holding the bag when they go out!! And they will go out,just a matter of time. as far as abf folding or decertifying what are you kidding me? abf lost 15 mil the 2nd quarter that ain't ::shit::. they did something to drive up the O R in the fourth quarter!! region 2 was operating at mid 80's low 90's in dec then in Jan '09 everybody is at 110 or higher bullshit!!!!!! there trying to make it look that way don't buy into the bullshit.

Amen to that, 140 has been in the mid 90's since I been there. (5 yrs) Then all of a sudden we are over a 100. Yes freight level fell but half the board was laid of at one time. I believe they are making themselves look bad to jump on the concessions band wagon. Some 60 hour a week measters at my barn are already saying " take the pension but not our wages" It's sad they can't see passed their next pay check. If I had to choose, I would rather give up some wages then pension any day!

well i say i would take a cut and make abf better to complete and start making money agian and gain more business even at 5 or 10 percent or abf getting out of the pension we still make great money its beats going back to work at schnieder jb hunt swift warner ect ect ect- 064 ROAD DRIVER

Obviously you have not been working for ABF for very long or you are currently laid off. ABF will make money again without taking money from us. They have been at this a long time to quote Bob Davidson " This ain't there first rodeo" . The people in Fort Smith know what they are doing. They know that if they force a pay cut then the good relationship that they have always had with their union employees will be ruined. ask any former CF, Preston, Yellow, Roadway employee that works at ABF about how they were treated before they came to ABF. There is no us against them mentality at ABF. We are all going to be ok. The company and us. Yes it has been a tough year or two especially if you got laid off but this season is almost over. I hope and pray that all laid off workers will be called back soon as some have already been called back. Maybe you ain't working hard enough for your 60,000 and 70.000 driving job. I feel like I earn my 50,000 on the dock. It would be an insult to me for them to ask me to work for less money. No offense but if you are working hard for them than you deserve every penny. You are working hard ain't you?