TForce | I need help from any of my UPS Freight co-workers.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
When I was off healing up from the stent that opened my heart artery back up.

I started looking into my retirement.
I called my states Teamster pension office they told me to write them with some information.

Which I did,and I've just received my monthly pension quote back this last week.

I made an appointment with my states social security office,for mid November.

I called our UPS Freight human resource office,and got no where.

My co-workers are very happy to see me looking into retirement so they can move up the senority list.

But none of them could offer me any help finding out about what I will receive from Overnite/UPS Freight.

Some said theres a formula to figure out the monthly payments.

Does any of my co-workers on this UPS Freight forum know how to figure out what I will receive?

I just went back to work last tuesday,but now that I have the ball rolling for information.
I thought I may as well see it through.

I'll be 63 this coming March,next July I'll have 21 years with our company.
That maybe as good of time as any to call in all of my retirement benefits,and take it easy till I take that final step into glory.

So whats the deal?
Theres no one on here that can help me with the information I need to figure out my pension benefits from UPS Freight?
I can't believe this?
I didn't have any trouble at all getting information from the Teamsters union which I've been away from for over 20 years yet my own company I'm getting zip?
One of my co-workers says theres a formula thats in place to figure out what my monthly payments will be but he didn't know what it was.
I felt surely someone that works for UPS Freight on the truckingboards would know the answer?
But I see I'm not getting any help here as well?

It is Sunday night and you've only waited two hours. I'm new, so I cannot help you too much.

But I was told that you need 30 years to retire at 55 and 25 years to retire at 60. My understanding is that you can retire sooner, but you won't collect until 65. That is all that I have heard so far.

And sorry to hear about your health. I hope things work out for you...

Thanks a lot for your input upgf-driver.
Any comment is a lot better than none at all.
I'm as healthy as I can be.
It was the hand of God that the blockage was found,a stent was put in,and I was only off a total of 8 days for the operation,and healling.

It got me thinking of my future.
I'm going into my 44th year driving truck for a living all local P & D driving loading,and unloading as well as driving.
Don't get me wrong I still enjoy what I'm doing,but I'm thinking along the lines of retirement after such a long run.

Apostolic said:

I called my states Teamster pension office they told me to write them with some information.

Which I did,and I've just received my monthly pension quote back this last week.

My co-workers are very happy to see me looking into retirement so they can move up the senority list.

But none of them could offer me any help finding out about what I will receive from Overnite/UPS Freight.

Does any of my co-workers on this UPS Freight forum know how to figure out what I will receive?

I just went back to work last tuesday,but now that I have the ball rolling for information.

That maybe as good of time as any to call in all of my retirement benefits,and take it easy till I take that final step into glory.

I think you have to call HR and I believe they have to have something in writing from you. Then they would send you the information.

I know the formula was in the first benefit booklet.

My co-worker did tell me thats where he saw it.
But no one can produce it,and I don't remember it.
I have called down to our human resource department in Richmond.
I couldn't believe it I got right through on the third ring.
I explaned what I was looking for to the gal that answered the phone.
After I got done she put me on with some guy who half way through my inquiry he hung up on me.
I was making a delivery at the time,and couldn't get back to them.
So I thought I'd start this thread to gain the information I need but so far its not produced what I'm looking for.
But thanks anyway Skeeter for your concern.

Apostolic said:

I don't know the answer to your question.
But I can say here WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep Healing!!!

Thanks a lot Mike432.
I know I'm living on barrowed time.
I say every breath I take is a gift from God.
I have what is known as the silent killer.
High cholesterol,it builds up in your artery without any simptums.
You could have an artery block off,the results will be a major deadly heart attack.
My artey was 95% blocked,I was working full tilt, just like anyother healthy person.
I put 100 bails of hay in my barns hay loft the first week in August,it was very hot,I didn't have any help,I was staking it over my head.
I worked nonstop with out a break.
When I was done I was out of breath.
I wasn't dizzy or faint,it just took about 5 minutes to catch my breath back to normal.
My wife was scared for me,got me a doctors appoinment for a check up,and blood test.
In mid September I had a stress test which showed a slow blood flow to my heart.
Than just two weeks ago I had the test where they put die in your vains.
This showed the blockage,I was put in the hospital for a stent in my main heart artery.
I was discharged the next day.
One week to rest up.
Now I'm back to work.
God has gone before me to help the doctors find the blockage,operate to correct it,allowed me to have everything done on my remaining vacation days,now has helped me go right back to work getting with the program with no slow downs.

So I say glory to God who gives us the victory.

Apostolic said:
After I got done she put me on with some guy who half way through my inquiry he hung up on me.
So I thought I'd start this thread to gain the information I need but so far its not produced what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for it now if you are going to be up for awhile. I work nights so I'm just getting started.

I have been keeping my yearly income over 70,000 a year because it will make a difference. Ok, I'm off looking...

Apostolic said:

Ok here we go:

Years of service are used in determining your final average compensation.

The pension benefit is calulated by the following formula:

1.725% x Final average compensation x years of credited service (up to 30 years)

The result is an annual benefit. Divide by 12 to determine the monthly benefit. This is the amount payable at your normal retirement date as a life annuity.

65,000 30 or more years $2803.00 a month

I am doing well over 70,000 so I'll be closer to 3,000.00 if not more.

Hope this helps.

If you want you can send me a private message.
I'm going off the boards for now.I've got to get some beauty sleep for work in the morning.
But the message will be waiting for me when I come on the boards tomorrow night.
Thanks a lot.
Someone else just private messaged me a phone number I can call,as well.
I really am thankful for all the help I'm receving now from all of my truckingboard friends.
God bless you all for all of your help,your posting friend,Apostolic

AP I believe you said you have 21 years. What have you been averaging for the past 5 years. I'll use this chart to show you. It will probably be in the ball park.

Yes it does Skeeter,this is what I was looking for.
Now I think they use the best 5 years of work,to figure the average if you don't make it to the 30 years.
Thanks again my brother
Have a blessed week in Jesus name

My wife is really getting on my case for not getting off the computer to get my rest for work in the morning.
So I've really got to get going before she goes totaly ballistic.
I'll have to get the rest of this information tomorrow.
Thanks again my brother.

Ok Skeeter that works for me.
I've gotta get going.
May the Lord richly bless you.
Be safe.
Love in Jesus name,your brother in the Lord,Apostolic.

Apostolic said:
Ok Skeeter that works for me.
I've gotta get going.
May the Lord richly bless you.
Be safe.
Love in Jesus name,your brother in the Lord,Apostolic.
Apo,
I called my TM and asked him using the numbers that you gave Skeeter. If you have averaged $50,000 for the last 10 years (5 of the last 10) then your retirment according to my TM would be around $1,500 per month. He said to tell you that you need to call back to Richmond and talk to someone in retirement to get the actual number and to find out about your health benefits. Hope this helps.

bamaboy said:
Apo,
I called my TM and asked him using the numbers that you gave Skeeter. If you have averaged $50,000 for the last 10 years (5 of the last 10) then your retirment according to my TM would be around $1,500 per month. He said to tell you that you need to call back to Richmond and talk to someone in retirement to get the actual number and to find out about your health benefits. Hope this helps.
$1500 is not much to begin with and once they take out taxes and insurance you might end up with $1000.