XPO | I quit!!!

everybody can

yes you can!
I quit ... know I have 4 years and I smoked for 22 years.
... and it wa s just like that "from today I don't smoke!"

Excellent! The ranks of the quitters is growing like I've never seen before. What finally motivated me was the deteriorating condition of my lungs. When they went over a dollar/pack....$2/pack.............$3/pack..............................$4/pack...You get the idea, I was gonna quit every time. Am sure the rising prices motivated some. Cleaner, safer house. No second hand smoke for the kids. ect - tons of reasons to quit.

But I certainly understand those that smoke. Which reminds me;

DCMILKWAGON!!!!!

Where are you? You fall off?

:biglaugh: I'm still here, and still nicotine free. It's now been 26 days since my last cigarette. It has been a tough row for me to hoe, but I'm still plugging along. I still crave them, I guess that's to be expected after being chained to cigs for the last 33 years. :Bondage::shutup2:

Quick somebody e-mail me one!!!! :biglaugh:

:biglaugh: I'm still here, and still nicotine free. It's now been 26 days since my last cigarette. It has been a tough row for me to hoe, but I'm still plugging along. I still crave them, I guess that's to be expected after being chained to cigs for the last 33 years. :Bondage::shutup2:

Don't have a relapse!!!! You're more than 3 weeks into it!
Keep on truckin' with it, soon you will be set free and the cravings will lessen and lessen.

You're doing great. Congratulations!

You are doing very well. Don't give in! Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I ever did, but if I can do it, anyone can. I'm the type that I go into it hardcore. I was a hardcore smoker, dipper, pop drinker, etc.

Now I am a non smoking, non dipping, non pop drinker, non caffeine ingesting, healthy eating and Crystal Light drinking fool! To be fair, I would say I am Great Value sugar free drink mix drinking fool! Crystal Light is too damn expensive!

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone, it really helps. Every day seems to get a little easier, and I have fewer cravings for cigs.

I'm eating healthier too, drinking more water and less soda, eating good food instead of fast food. I have managed to lose 5 pounds in the last 4 weeks, instead of gaining like some people do when they quit smoking. :clap:

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone, it really helps. Every day seems to get a little easier, and I have fewer cravings for cigs.

I'm eating healthier too, drinking more water and less soda, eating good food instead of fast food. I have managed to lose 5 pounds in the last 4 weeks, instead of gaining like some people do when they quit smoking. :clap:

Believe it or not, I have been told cutting down on ground beef and eating more ground turkey helps. I eat a decent amount of turkey....Oh, and watch sugar in everything! Even yogurt, which they claim is so healthy is LOADED with sugar.

Sugar Free Lifesavers....worked for me, and it's been 6+ years..

Now THOSE are really good...I leaned on the lifesavers for about a month, then they got tossed too...But the Brachs Root Beer,,??? Addictive in their own right..

Yes, yes, yes!!! They even make sugar free root beer barrels! Oh those are heavenly!!!

Yep, have to agree, they are really good. Found them while I was cutting down on the number of cigs, before going cold turkey. They have a real good flavor, and they made cigarettes taste like ::shit::. Made the transition to cold turkey a little easier. :clap:

I haven't seen the sugar-free ones, guess I'll have to look a little closer at the grocery next time.

Side note on the 'sugar free'. If it states sorbitol or something like that, it has a tendency to cause gas and frequent trips to the King's Throne a.k.a. toliet, if you eat a lot of them. So no chewing them down fast, take your time and you should be fine

Side note on the 'sugar free'. If it states sorbitol or something like that, it has a tendency to cause gas and frequent trips to the King's Throne a.k.a. toliet, if you eat a lot of them. So no chewing them down fast, take your time and you should be fine

um....I concur.

Sugar free: Good for weightloss, speeding tickets, wives running off along with kids and plenty of toliet paper!! ::shit:: oh and don't forget how red & sore your :eck13: can be...

Yes, unfortunately, that is VERY true. If you eat too many it was cause this....

um....I concur.

Absolutely...I can claim first hand knowledge of this little known fact..

:biglaugh: Funny what kind of useful information that can be learned here. I usually only eat 6-8 root beer barrels a day, so either the sugar free or the regular ones should be alright to use. Thanks for the heads-up on the sorbitol.

I went on an Atkin's diet where you could have sorbitol. No comment on my :eck13::eck13:

:biglaugh: Funny what kind of useful information that can be learned here. I usually only eat 6-8 root beer barrels a day, so either the sugar free or the regular ones should be alright to use. Thanks for the heads-up on the sorbitol.