XPO | I quit!!!

[quote author=dcmilkwagon link=topic=63377.msg657209#msg657209 date=1246840689]
Just totally fed up with being addicted to cigarettes. So I decided a few weeks ago, that this 4th of July was going to be my Independence day. Over the course of two weeks I gradually reduced the number of cigarettes I smoke, from 1.5 packs a day down to 0.5. :clap:

Then at 11pm on the 3rd, I smoked my last cigarette. So as I write this I have been without nicotine for a little over 44 hours. I must say that it has not been easy, as I am not using the patch, nor gum, nor a prescription. Doing it the old-fashioned way, "Cold-Turkey". I still have the cravings, but they are getting weaker. I guess the real test will be tomorrow when I go into work. If you all see on the news where a Con-Way driver went nuts behind the wheel in Iowa or Nebraska, you'll know what the reason is. :biglaugh::shift::drivin:
[/quote]

Just wanted to toot my own horn a little bit here, and let you all know that I have been tobacco free for 1 year now.

Like I said in my original post, I did it by pure will power, no patches, gum, or prescriptions. There were a few rough spots along the way, and I was tempted several times to light one up, but through it all I won out over the addiction.

To say I feel better is an understatement, food tastes better, the smell of perfume behind a ladies ear smells sweeter, I sleep more soundly at night (no more coughing myself awake), I am also able to "preform" 2-3 times a night now, so the missus is happy too. The nicotine cravings, throughout this year have gradually subsided to the point where I get a craving about once a month now, but it is easy to ignore.

I have managed to put on about 20-25 extra pounds this last year as well, but now that I have the cigs under control it is time to attack the diet, and drop back down to a more reasonable weight.

congrats dc .... that happened to me also putting on some pounds ... You are headed in the right direction !! Keep up the good work

I've been wondering how it's been going for you on the quitting! Glad to hear you've been successful!! :woot:

Sounds like you are already getting enough exercise! LOL!! Won't be long before you get more.... chasing the missus at night! :banana: :hyper: