TForce | I received a personal letter from Gordon M. today.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
It was about all the new 2007 UPS Freight benefits,and wage package.
He was real nice to spell out the 3 extra days UPSF is giving us.
He's an alright President,he said that all of us workers are doing good,he also says he trusts us to make sure 2007 is a succesful year for our company.
I don't think he'll mind me quoting him.
It sure was nice that he sent this letter.
I could tell it was personal,at the end it says Sincerely,and he signed it in his own hand writting,also typing out his name,and title below it.
I tell you what, we couldn't ask for a better company to work for,when the president cares enough and takes time out of his busy day to send us letters like this.

Yes indeed Apo, this was a nicely composed letter!! Also I like the fact that Gordon uses expensive paper stock unlike cheapo Leo. You know even though our bottom line was off and we can't afford new equipment etc., it's nice to know he can flash some cash when it comes to stationary. I must say that I was personally touched when he mentioned the vision, it brought tears to my eyes. But I really swelled up when he said, "Our company can only reinvest in you and in me when we invest in our company." Thats why I get all warm and fuzzy knowing I'm helping by not getting OT after eight. God only knows that our reinvestment is keeping this company afloat. It's also nice to know that ole Gordy is carrying Leo's "Gain Sharing" plan to the masses......I can hardly wait. :nutkick:

How many pages was the letter? The letter that was read to us, about our wage and benefit enhancements, was at least 5 pages long, but our SCM only read from one page. I haven't received mine yet. I was just curious if we will receive the entire letter.

Equalizr

I guess we out west will get the letter when we get our jackets, and our turkey voucher, some time in the summer.:hysterical:

:hysterical: :hysterical:
Yes indeed Apo, this was a nicely composed letter!! Also I like the fact that Gordon uses expensive paper stock unlike cheapo Leo. You know even though our bottom line was off and we can't afford new equipment etc., it's nice to know he can flash some cash when it comes to stationary. I must say that I was personally touched when he mentioned the vision, it brought tears to my eyes. But I really swelled up when he said, "Our company can only reinvest in you and in me when we invest in our company." Thats why I get all warm and fuzzy knowing I'm helping by not getting OT after eight. God only knows that our reinvestment is keeping this company afloat. It's also nice to know that ole Gordy is carrying Leo's "Gain Sharing" plan to the masses......I can hardly wait. :nutkick:

:hysterical:

you r kiddin' aren't you ?

It was about all the new 2007 UPS Freight benefits,and wage package.
He was real nice to spell out the 3 extra days UPSF is giving us.
He's an alright President,he said that all of us workers are doing good,he also says he trusts us to make sure 2007 is a succesful year for our company.
I don't think he'll mind me quoting him.
It sure was nice that he sent this letter.
I could tell it was personal,at the end it says Sincerely,and he signed it in his own hand writting,also typing out his name,and title below it.
I tell you what, we couldn't ask for a better company to work for,when the president cares enough and takes time out of his busy day to send us letters like this.

I remember seeing the retirement announcement for Leo,and noticing that every company that he and Gordon worked for....went under. If they were really worried about investing for the future of the company,they would have invested in the vertical decking system years ago,replacing the antiquated computer systems years ago. The computer system that we are still using was based on the old A/S 400 programs that everyone else quit using in 1994 because of it's severe limitations ! When I worked for American Freightways in 1998, they had these new systems already up and running ! That is one thing I will say about Sheridan G...He was a visionary,and believed in investing in technology in order to be competetive in the future. UPS kind of bought a company that needs overhaulin' in order to make it competetive against FEDEX FREIGHT ! A lot of Overhaulin' ! I was talking to one of my old friends from FDXF the other day and he was saying how that he was still happy there...low cost insurance and all. Some times I wonder if I didn't make a mistake leaving FDXF for the good ole blue 'n' gray.

It is my personal belief that Leo,Gordon, and the rest of thier lackays that they brought with them from Preston and Yellow did and do nothing but use this company for nothing but thier own cash cow. We need fresh blood with new ideas for UPSF to be strong. These guys have tired ideas that go all the way back to the 1940's,when everything was carton freight thrown on drag lines and floats. Not forward thinking.:duh:

I remember seeing the retirement announcement for Leo,and noticing that every company that he and Gordon worked for....went under. If they were really worried about investing for the future of the company,they would have invested in the vertical decking system years ago,replacing the antiquated computer systems years ago. The computer system that we are still using was based on the old A/S 400 programs that everyone else quit using in 1994 because of it's severe limitations ! When I worked for American Freightways in 1998, they had these new systems already up and running ! That is one thing I will say about Sheridan Garrison...He was a visionary,and believed in investing in technology in order to be competetive in the future. UPS kind of bought a company that needs overhaulin' in order to make it competetive against FEDEX FREIGHT ! A lot of Overhaulin' ! I was talking to one of my old friends from FDXF the other day and he was saying how that he was still happy there...low cost insurance and all. Some times I wonder if I didn't make a mistake leaving FDXF for the good ole blue 'n' gray.

It is my personal belief that Leo,Gordon, and the rest of thier lackays that they brought with them from Preston and Yellow did and do nothing but use this company for nothing but thier own cash cow. We need fresh blood with new ideas for UPSF to be strong. These guys have tired ideas that go all the way back to the 1940's,when everything was carton freight thrown on drag lines and floats. Not forward thinking.:duh:

Just for this statement your bad boy mark should be removed and made CEO of this disorganized ship....But next time leave out all the gushy stuff about the competition....It will confuse the ranks and we will all run and hide in fear of the mighty Fedex.....All though.....Well anyway enough said....

Now that sir was not nice.......But damn was itr funny......Great use of the all mighty sarcasm.....BRAVO

The letter I received was 2 full pages.
I know I posted this to show how our president cares enough for us to spell out the new advances that UPS Freight has generously given us for the coming year.
That he is letting us know how these items should be,company wide,not leaving it up to our local terminal managers to put their spin on these new measures.

To that I say thanks Gordon M.,for clearing up any misuderstandings that may have come about leaving it to the local TM's to help us figure out,how any new employee offerings should be carried out.
After all our new vision,is actualy our parent companys old vision,that is:One company One vision.
I can't thank you enough Gordon M.,for showing all of your faithful UPS Freight workers how to be on the same page with the whole company.
Sincerly, Apostolic

Apo, most companies do this on a regular basis. I find it interesting that you think he's doing us a favor when it should be a general practice.

I know I posted this to show how our president cares enough for us to spell out the new advances that UPS Freight has generously given us for the coming year.
That he is letting us know how these items should be,company wide,not leaving it up to our local terminal managers to put their spin on these new measures.

To that I say thanks Gordon M.,for clearing up any misuderstandings that may have come about leaving it to the local TM's to help us figure out,how any new employee offerings should be carried out.
After all our new vision,is actualy our parent companys old vision,that is:One company One vision.
I can't thank you enough Gordon M.,for showing all of your faithful UPS Freight workers how to be on the same page with the whole company.
Sincerly, Apostolic

Are you for real???

Yes I'm real happy that our company put it in writting on how things should be company wide,and not left to each of our local TM's to have it their way.

Not one mention of the safety bonus. Also another thought, if they used a smaller font they cold have printed it on one page. Ole Gordie is living large.

Just a thought maybe they had all this employee money sitting in an interest bearing account.
They waited till the last second to make some money off of it?
Or maybe it being so close to Christmas its like getting a Christmas present from UPS Freight?
OR NOT?

Whatever the reason,it all spends,no matter when they pay it out.

we were told in our meeting that the safety bonus and the new gainshare that's coming would probably be combined. they also said the safety bonus would not go down

Sincerly, Apostolic

Yes but what the hell are they seeing, even with my IPOD, I still see no vision, except for green grass which remotley resembles a Microsft commercial....

Take a good look inside some of the daycabs in my terminal if you want too see a vision....:biglaugh: :biglaugh: