ABF | I will Stand by my No Vote

D

Docker

I made a copy of my No vote before I sent it in. This way if this thing passes somehow,and soon after that,everyone finally realizes the true reason why the company and the union wanted us locked into this wage cut,this way I can prove my no vote.
One thing that always ticked me off in the past was when some contracts passed,everyone complained after the fact on how we got screwed on it but miraculously,nobody voted for it.
For all of the I will vote no,then vote yes teamsters or the ones that will vote yes and keep it a secret to your fellow employees:
If you are ashamed or scared to let your fellow employees know beforehand on your true vote, atleast have the decency and integrity not to lie on how you voted!!I will stand by my no vote to anyone,whether it be company or union.In my own personal opinion,I don't even believe in the secret ballot,after all,we are all supposed to be Teamsters!

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=80036.msg828809#msg828809 date=1273575267]
I made a copy of my No vote before I sent it in. This way if this thing passes somehow,and soon after that,everyone finally realizes the true reason why the company and the union wanted us locked into this wage cut,this way I can prove my no vote.
One thing that always ticked me off in the past was when some contracts passed,everyone complained after the fact on how we got screwed on it but miraculously,nobody voted for it.
For all of the I will vote no,then vote yes teamsters or the ones that will vote yes and keep it a secret to your fellow employees:
If you are ashamed or scared to let your fellow employees know beforehand on your true vote, atleast have the decency and integrity not to lie on how you voted!!I will stand by my no vote to anyone,whether it be company or union.In my own personal opinion,I don't even believe in the secret ballot,after all,we are all supposed to be Teamsters!
[/quote]I copied mine & hung it in the driver's room with Lefty written on it !!! everyone knows where Lefty stands !! NO TO EXTORION !!

I voted no and if ya ask I'll tell ya so. I'm here to do a job and get paid for it as my contract stipulates. I'm not here to float the company an interest free loan untill 2013. besides that $21000 or so over the life of the plan is sure in hell gonna hurt me more than any freaking cut an exec takes

No secret here I voted no, Still haven't heard what we will be getting when all the yes people and their spouses vote it in !!!! :rant: Three years give me a break.

What's really sad Piker,is that the Yes voters will actually think that they saved the company for us!!!! Meanwhile the company will be laughing all the way to the bank!

I HAVE BEEN AFTER EVERY GUY IN SYRACUSE N.Y. FROM THE BEGINING SHOWING THE TRUTH NOT LIES. I HAVE FELLOW EMPLOYEES (NOT REAL TEAMSTERS) I HAVE BEEN FRIENDS WITH FOR OVER TWENTY YEARS THAT WILL NOT TALK TO ME OVER MY VOTING NO. GUESS WE WERE NOT FREINDS AFTER ALL. THEY WILL COME CRYING SOONER OR LATER. ITS LIKE A CANDY JAR ! ONCE YOU OPEN IT............. IT IS SOON ALL GONE

Those are what you call fair weather friends,Mike. All of my friends are a strong no but one is going to vote yes. Yes,the one that is voting yes is still a very good friend...lol. I do respect his decision,I surely don't agree with it but I do respect his decision. He is one hell of a man in my book! I know that I can't change his mind and he knows that he can't change mine. One thing about him though,he will tell anybody that he voted yes,and why! You have to respect that. We just don't see eye to eye on this subject.

I need to correct myself, I stated in my earlier response of floating the company an interest free loan. I stand corrected because a loan is repaid, sometimes with interest, so this is just a straight up give away on my part of this passes

I heard that ABF Teamsters have not seen their ballots and retires have gotten ballots. It looks like they what to say this has a 50% plus 1 Yes vote. It would not pass if this is a fair process.

Well look at what all the yes votes did for yrcw...........15% pay cuts as well as pension freeze and they still lost 274 million in Q-1 of this year.........I dont work for you guys but I believe you guys should vote NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!..........Goodluck to all of my ABF brothers and sisters no matter the outcome....... :thumbsup:

Well I haven't gotten a ballot yet, so I have not voted yet. I sat in the meeting with the company big wigs and listen to what they had to say. There was nothing said in that meeting that made me think ABF was hurting. While the meeting was going on there were two new trailers outside in the yard. One trailer was built in March of 2010 the other in April of 2010. Dam we are only in May of 2010. If we are in such bad shape why not push the purchase of new equipment back. Also we were told that if the concession were in place in 2009 ABF would still have lost 100 million, but only 25 million of their money. The other 75 million would have come from us. The company also said that they would not pass this on to the customers. So where will the new freight come from if they can't match the discount being given by the other ltl carriers. All I came away with is that it is better to lose your money rather than that of the company. By getting these concessions we will still lose money but most of it will be your money. This will slow the company cash burn down and buy us some time. This is what it is all about they don't want to have to go to the banks.

You folks hold on strong. I am at YRC (former YELLOW) and I promise you that if they get the cuts they are asking for, more will follow.

You open that can of worms, there IS NO LID that will fit it. Our company has the p.o.s. union by the throat with no signs of letting go.

[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80036.msg830293#msg830293 date=1274022595]
I STAND BY MY YES VOTE!
[/quote] I'm sending you a ccx & fed ex application so you can go work for them & be able to make more money than us if we have to give back & this way a fire cracker like yourself free of the union system & be able to make what your worth & fly up the company ladder without all us old timers in your way & holding you back. I'm surprised that abf isn't in a bidding war with ccx & fed ex to retain your services. I would of changed my vote to yes but my mother didn't raise no fool. because if abf has money in the bank & zero debt then if & when they go thro their savings they can go borrow money just like everyone else & then pay it back just like everyone else & as far as all those people in ft smith making six figures & not giving up any of their money...why i might have to give up mine....they can kiss my pink irish A$$

[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=80036.msg830492#msg830492 date=1274063269]
I STAND BY MY YES VOTE!
[/quote] I'm sending you a ccx & fed ex application so you can go work for them & be able to make more money than us if we have to give back & this way a fire cracker like yourself free of the union system & be able to make what your worth & fly up the company ladder without all us old timers in your way & holding you back. I'm surprised that abf isn't in a bidding war with ccx & fed ex to retain your services. I would of changed my vote to yes but my mother didn't raise no fool. because if abf has money in the bank & zero debt then if & when they go thro their savings they can go borrow money just like everyone else & then pay it back just like everyone else & as far as all those people in ft smith making six figures & not giving up any of their money...why i might have to give up mine....they can kiss my pink irish A$$
[/quote]

Whatever...............125 million may sound like a lot to you, but in recession, where freight is tight amongst all LTL carriers, that 125 won't last long. You clowns are so worried about what some CEO and top management are making, your common sense thinking is clouded.

Fact is, these upper management guys are more valuable than you and I. If we don't these guys a competitive salary, we would lose these guys to other companies.

[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80036.msg830501#msg830501 date=1274065175]
[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=80036.msg830492#msg830492 date=1274063269]
I STAND BY MY YES VOTE!
[/quote]I again say if they go thru the 125 million they can go borrow & pay it back...just like they HAVE DONE BEFORE. They company isn't folding any time in the future. why should they avoid debt ...yet expect me to take on debt for them. they want my money i'll lend it to them at the prime rate...otherwise I have a contract for which i expect to be upheld. if you can so easily give up 15% I wonder how much of that you would give up to a charity & not some greedy oppressing company which doesn't care about any of us. They signed the contract they should be ethically, morally & lawfully made to up hold it. I wonder if you voted yes or no on the last contract? I'm sure you must've felt we were getting too much !!

Whatever...............125 million may sound like a lot to you, but in recession, where freight is tight amongst all LTL carriers, that 125 won't last long. You clowns are so worried about what some CEO and top management are making, your common sense thinking is clouded.

Fact is, these upper management guys are more valuable than you and I. If we don't these guys a competitive salary, we would lose these guys to other companies.
[/quote]

[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=80036.msg830506#msg830506 date=1274065956]
[/quote]I again say if they go thru the 125 million they can go borrow & pay it back...just like they HAVE DONE BEFORE. They company isn't folding any time in the future. why should they avoid debt ...yet expect me to take on debt for them. they want my money i'll lend it to them at the prime rate...otherwise I have a contract for which i expect to be upheld. if you can so easily give up 15% I wonder how much of that you would give up to a charity & not some greedy oppressing company which doesn't care about any of us. They signed the contract they should be ethically, morally & lawfully made to up hold it. I wonder if you voted yes or no on the last contract? I'm sure you must've felt we were getting too much !!

[/quote]

OK, its not unethical, immoral, or unlawful to ask to renegotiate a contract. ..........Are we all forgetting that ABF is the only company paying into a Pension? Can't we cut these some slack somewhere. And just so that you know, if the concessions had included pulling out of the Pension like YRC. I would have voted no. In fact I was a no vote till a couple weeks ago. If I believe the economy was truly rebounding, I would vote no.

[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80036.msg830501#msg830501 date=1274065175]Fact is, these upper management guys are more valuable than you and I. If we don't these guys a competitive salary, we would lose these guys to other companies.[/quote]

Is this guy for real?

It's hard to believe but he's for real,Mike.That line that you pointed out is a real doozy!