FedEx Freight | If Layoffs were to occur at FXF

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
If Layoffs were to occur at FXF, not saying they will ever but what if....

Would it be by Job Class Seniority or Company Seniority?

yes if layoffs would happen it allways goes by company seniorty,no ifs and or buts about it.
They are right Jeff.. Also, If you are not working right now (say your on the xtra board) and your center is using supplementals or P/T's on the dock.. talk to your manager, you should be able to get that work on the dock.. The xtra board does at my center.. And I'm sure you guys still have supplementals at your barn Jeff. I know it stinks, but it's $.. :hide:

They are right Jeff.. Also, If you are not working right now (say your on the xtra board) and your center is using supplementals or P/T's on the dock.. talk to your manager, you should be able to get that work on the dock.. The xtra board does at my center.. And I'm sure you guys still have supplementals at your barn Jeff. I know it stinks, but it's $.. :hide:

Hell I didn't say I wanted to work man wtf.:hysterical:... this was just a what if question ...

i think before they start laying people off the would start canning the guys who aren't productive or who are on the bubble with accidents and then start laying off.:nutkick:

Really both are right. Say they needed to lay off in the P&D. they would lay off Local drives by Company Seniority. If they were to lay off in the Road, they same. Road drivers would be gone. A Road driver cannot bump out a P&D driver just because he has more time.

This has happened three times in our barn.

:USA:

Really both are right. Say they needed to lay off in the P&D. they would lay off Local drives by Company Seniority. If they were to lay off in the Road, they same. Road drivers would be gone. A Road driver cannot bump out a P&D driver just because he has more time.

This has happened three times in our barn.

:USA:

So a road driver with say,,, 7 yrs,, would be fired before a P&D driver with 1 month ???

company sen

One of our city guys asked the regional Hr guy about this and he was told it is by job class per center. And at our barn we are not allowed to bump part timers off the dock. Unless something changed we were told it wasn't fair to the part timers for them to be sent home just so we could get our 8 hours

One of our city guys asked the regional Hr guy about this and he was told it is by job class per center. And at our barn we are not allowed to bump part timers off the dock. Unless something changed we were told it wasn't fair to the part timers for them to be sent home just so we could get our 8 hours
Don't see how that could stand on a "Layoff".. I don't think we have anything to worry about, but I could only imagine the legality issues FedEx would face by keeping a supplemental vs a full time employee during a layoff..

I will check with the regional hr here in the south, we'll see if they are on the same page.. Post an answer this afternoon...

Don't see how that could stand on a "Layoff".. I don't think we have anything to worry about, but I could only imagine the legality issues FedEx would face by keeping a supplemental vs a full time employee during a layoff..

I will check with the regional hr here in the south, we'll see if they are on the same page.. Post an answer this afternoon...

I know you got connections
buttkissiz6.gif