FedEx Freight | If Layoffs were to occur at FXF

This is pretty close to hat happened. A senior man got layed off while a junior man kept his job because the layoff was by department. It ain't right but that's the way it is.

:USA:

I got the same answer.. it is by seniority in the job class. But it goes from the bottom up in that class.

Or how ever your CCM wants to handle it.

(But thanks ''gtrdone'' for the correct answer you are a true asset to the boards)

thats the way it is here too at our center. if a city guy isnt getting but 3 or4 hrs.a day well thats tough. supp. part time help still gets to work their 4 hrs. a night even though they all have full time jobs elsewhere.

thats the way it is here too at our center. if a city guy isnt getting but 3 or4 hrs.a day well thats tough. supp. part time help still gets to work their 4 hrs. a night even though they all have full time jobs elsewhere.
I asked about that too.. As far as the supp. P/T working, if a city driver is only working 4 hours a day, he can come back and work the dock if there is work. The supplementals are supposed to be put "on call" (thats what we do)

If hours are to be cut on the dock it is supposed to be
-All supplementals first
-city drivers next (bottom up)
-then F/T dock last (Bottom up)

At the hubs, we are lucky.. we have city freight and liehaul freight to work in the evenings, so we have had work all year.

i think before they start laying people off the would start canning the guys who aren't productive or who are on the bubble with accidents and then start laying off.:nutkick:
Some workers are just better than others, that does not mean the less productive person is not trying just as hard. I'll agree that the sleeping out behind the wal-mart person like I saw in another post needs to go (I don't need a layoff for that to happen either) Good drivers get put on the bubble as you call it and I think they sould make it back or leave on that merit alone. Good men and women work here......LAYOFFS should come form lack of work only...from the bottom up and by department.....just my thoughts....TRUCK SAFE

i think before they start laying people off the would start canning the guys who aren't productive or who are on the bubble with accidents and then start laying off.:nutkick:

Only problem with that is that you have one person making the decision on who is productive or not, or who might have another accident and who might not. All rather subjective. And if that person just happend to have the red @$$ with you, you just might be the person that suddenly became unproductive and just had to go. :smilie_132:

:USA:

Some workers are just better than others, that does not mean the less productive person is not trying just as hard. I'll agree that the sleeping out behind the wal-mart person like I saw in another post needs to go (I don't need a layoff for that to happen either) Good drivers get put on the bubble as you call it and I think they sould make it back or leave on that merit alone. Good men and women work here......LAYOFFS should come form lack of work only...from the bottom up and by department.....just my thoughts....TRUCK SAFE

slacky for president:rockon:

yes if layoffs would happen it allways goes by company seniorty,no ifs and or buts about it.

Just be glad you don't work for Estes. They just layed off linehaul drivers in Arizona. Guys in p&d have much less senority. but they lay off by department senority not company senority. BULL SHI@#$%^

I know isn't that great. the way they take care of there people! guys with full time jobs get part time here . and our full timers get part time work. gotta love FEDEX. i realize your not always going to ot but you should get your 40. maybe when where slow they sould cut the managements pay see how they like it.