FedEx Freight | If we MERGE

We are merging there taking freight off of fed freight trailers putting national on them we will be trading trucks there get the new internationals and national will get those fast volvos and we will only be working 4 days a week with 3 day weekends every week o yea and we be getting a huge raise.

every one states merger ok but the one question i have is dock capacity i know here there is no way with national/ freight combined daily bill count we would not have a big enough terminal to handle all this freight combined i talk to local freight guys they do not have enough dock nor do we here at national we both need bigger terminals never mind merging us not to mention locally there are no terminal that would acomidate at least 150 doors if we were to merge i would have to imagine this would be a issue around the country what do you guys think.

So how about instead of using these huge hubs for a few hours a night, they go back to being real trucking companies that operate breakbulks 24/7 with a real linehaul network? Oh wait, that would be admitting defeat and going back to used to work.

Good lord guys, stop attacking one another. I just wanted to see what you had to say and to see if some kind of info will come in. FedEx will probably do something but really we won't know it until it happens. This co has always looked ahead and prepared for the future, Some will make it some won't. I hope everyone does. But slamming one another won't help anything. I don't have but 6 years with this co and if it ends tomorrow I will do something else. It might not be as good as this, or I might have to sell some stuff but I will make it. Its a JOB and thats it. If it goes away get another one. And as for posting here I thought everybody was welcome here, to share there thoughts and opinions.:grouphug:

Good lord guys, stop attacking one another. I just wanted to see what you had to say and to see if some kind of info will come in. FedEx will probably do something but really we won't know it until it happens. This co has always looked ahead and prepared for the future, Some will make it some won't. I hope everyone does. But slamming one another won't help anything. I don't have but 6 years with this co and if it ends tomorrow I will do something else. It might not be as good as this, or I might have to sell some stuff but I will make it. Its a JOB and thats it. If it goes away get another one. And as for posting here I thought everybody was welcome here, to share there thoughts and opinions.:grouphug:

good post, attack the subject not the one posting it geesh!

good post, attack the subject not the one posting it geesh!

Attacking the poster would just keep the vicious cycle of negativity going. Mr Chigger, please give me a call at HQ, I think we need to bump you up to the Diversity and Employee Relations dept.. You're gonna go far son!

I'm all for whats best for our stock price. I also believe it will help you guys out exponentially. God i love spell check.

Attacking the poster would just keep the vicious cycle of negativity going. Mr Chigger, please give me a call at HQ, I think we need to bump you up to the Diversity and Employee Relations dept.. You're gonna go far son!

Thats good. I Like it, giter done!!:1sm364jumpbed::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

I know that's right. I have to keep respelling words until it figures out what I'm trying to say. Wonder if they can download it into the brain? And wonder if wageworks will pay for it???

it doesnt take a genius to figure out whats going on.... lets see everyone is now on the same pay scale...all the paperwork is all the same....it is rediculous to have two ltl companies within 20 miles of each other p&d the same areas.... linehaul 2 drivers to the same city with 1 and a mty when 1 driver could take the freight....fedex has wanted to get into truckload for a long time now and all i see anymore is new fxnl twin screws and in most of the yards i see 53 footers with skirts. The axe is coming boys my guess is mostly management.

how you hard working NTL drivers gonna do on the dock ???........... just sayin :biglaugh::drama::sadwavey: or i mean stirring

Fed ex bought american freightways so they could get in the freight business,their was no fed ex freight before that and to my understanding all of us drivers here at national have already filled out fed ex applications and are already fed ex employees so if we do merge company seniority should go into effect. I have my doubts about the merger, maybe the smaller terminals could be absorbed into the larger ones but here in CHR we both have large terminals and more freight than one terminal could handle same with most major cities. I believe that major changes are coming but a complete merger in my opinion won't happen but you know what they say about opinions. anyway we'll cross that bridge when or if it happens.

Fed ex bought american freightways so they could get in the freight business,their was no fed ex freight before that.

Boy I bet those ol Vikings would be suprised to learn that FedEx wasn't in the freight business until 2001. Maybe it would be more accurate to say that they werent NATIONWIDE in the freight business until they bought AF.