FedEx Freight | If you had a choice

nasvegas

TB Veteran
Credits
Someone ask me today if I had to chose between a 5th week vacation or personal and holiday pay at vacation rate.

I said both. After over 20 years with company there should be some reward for dedication. Also we are short changed every holiday and personal day we are off.

If I had to choose. I would say 5th week, but I'm sure younger crowd would go for pay. Still think it should be both.
Probably never see either.

Supposedly some committee is meeting and wants to know what employees want more before submitting to corporate.

I just got the call. Don't know who or what committee name is.

Don't know who or what committee name is.
Take the 5th week .
Is is called the Clown Committee ?
Mickey Mouse Mask GIF by TRASH GANG

Someone ask me today if I had to chose between a 5th week vacation or personal and holiday pay at vacation rate.

I said both. After over 20 years with company there should be some reward for dedication. Also we are short changed every holiday and personal day we are off.

If I had to choose. I would say 5th week, but I'm sure younger crowd would go for pay. Still think it should be both.

Supposedly some committee is meeting and wants to know what employees want more before submitting to corporate.

5th week all day long

We get about 12 holiday/sick days a year. If your vacation rate is 40/hr that's an extra 575/year give or take. An extra week of vacation at the same rate would be 1,600.

If it were an employee vote, holiday/sick would easily win. Instant gratification and get what you can while you can because 20 years is a long time.
With the work ethic of people today. 20 years is a lifetime. Makes my 25+ impressive to me. Company could care less.

5th Vacation week

5th vacation week would be great, but it would need to include a different progression scale. No offense to the guys who've put the time in but 2 weeks to start is normal anymore. 3 weeks after 7.. if I remember correctly is not. Please correct me if I'm wrong. As I have gotten older , I have appreciated more of the work life balance. Unfortunately, my kids are grown up and there is a whole chapter of life I have missed.... But my grandkids get more of me then my kids ever did. But that's another time.