ABF | I'm voting yes

Tripp9

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm voting yes this time around. There are several of y'all on here talking about "We've gotten the shaft for years upon years" blah blah blah.

Ever stop and think there is no way in the world you're going to be satisfied unless, somehow, the Company is at your mercy?

You want to regain back what you gave to keep the Company moving forward? Well this is a good step forward.

You didn't lose it all at once. So you can't gain it all at once.

Consider this too:

China made goods are out of the picture. Tarriffs. No freight to move.

USA manufacturing is not to China's levels yet. It coming. But not there yet. How long does it take to build and staff a factory in a small town, etc? Years to reach proper levels of sustainability.

Cardboard orders have fallen through the floor. No need for dunnage if nothing is being made.

Banks are implementing "friction banking" limiting withdrawal amounts so we don't yank our cash out too fast.

Yet here you are with gains and more gains!

But you're so blind in your years of misery (years you chose to stay working and not leave for greener pastures) that you only want to black an eye instead of stop fighting all together and celebrate a substantial win.

If it is that bad leave and make room for us that want to work and are grateful we are gaining ground and not losing it.

Leave so us that are younger can implement the proper, modern version of Teamsters.

That'll give you time to relive your "Hoffa years" at the bar by yourself. Years you actually only heard your dad talk about

This proposal is amazing. So unless something big drops in our laps we don't know about yet, I'm voting yes.

1)Ever stop and think there is no way in the world you're going to be satisfied unless, somehow, the Company is at your mercy?

2)You didn't lose it all at once. So you can't gain it all at once.

3)But you're so blind in your years of misery (years you chose to stay working and not leave for greener pastures) that you only want to black an eye instead of stop fighting all together and celebrate a substantial win.

4)If it is that bad leave and make room for us that want to work and are grateful we are gaining ground and not losing it.

5)Leave so us that are younger can implement the proper, modern version of Teamsters.

6)That'll give you time to relive your "Hoffa years" at the bar by yourself. Years you actually only heard your dad talk about

7)This proposal is amazing. So unless something big drops in our laps we don't know about yet, I'm voting yes.
1)Nobody wants the company at their mercy, they only want the company that is most likely going to end up with over $1-BILLION in operating income for the 2018-2023 contract to reward the ones that helped get them there.

2)Uhhh………yeah we pretty much did lose it all at once with the 2013-2018 contract taking a 7% pay cut and giving up a weeks vacation each year.

3)No one is saying this is a terrible offer. But a substantial win as you put it is a ridiculous statement.

4)In case you have not noticed, this is a Union contract that each of us have the right to determine if it is good enough for a “Yes” vote, or can it be improved upon with a “No” vote.

5)From what I am seeing and hearing, it is mostly the younger ones that have a problem with it. A lot of the younger ones don’t give a rats ass about the pension or the healthcare which by the way was improved by $4.46 an hour over this 5-year contract offer. Most of the younger ones only care about a bigger pay check.

6)I have no idea what the hell you are even talking about here. Are you saying rather than exercise our right to vote “No” we should just leave?
That is not your decision to make!!!

7)Vote “Yes” if that is what you choose to do. That is your right!!!
But, it is not your right to tell everyone else how to vote. That is their choice to make as is the staying or leaving part!!!

And, just so you know, I have not yet decided which way I will vote. I see a lot of good things being offered in this contract. But I am also disappointed in some of the other things in this contract offer!!!

1)Nobody wants the company at their mercy, they only want the company that is most likely going to end up with over $1-BILLION in operating income for the 2018-2023 contract to reward the ones that helped get them there.

2)Uhhh………yeah we pretty much did lose it all at once with the 2013-2018 contract taking a 7% pay cut and giving up a weeks vacation each year.

3)No one is saying this is a terrible offer. But a substantial win as you put it is a ridiculous statement.

4)In case you have not noticed, this is a Union contract that each of us have the right to determine if it is good enough for a “Yes” vote, or can it be improved upon with a “No” vote.

5)From what I am seeing and hearing, it is mostly the younger ones that have a problem with it. A lot of the younger ones don’t give a rats ass about the pension or the healthcare which by the way was improved by $4.46 an hour over this 5-year contract offer. Most of the younger ones only care about a bigger pay check.

6)I have no idea what the hell you are even talking about here. Are you saying rather than exercise our right to vote “No” we should just leave?
That is not your decision to make!!!

7)Vote “Yes” if that is what you choose to do. That is your right!!!
But, it is not your right to tell everyone else how to vote. That is their choice to make as is the staying or leaving part!!!

And, just so you know, I have not yet decided which way I will vote. I see a lot of good things being offered in this contract. But I am also disappointed in some of the other things in this contract offer!!!
Great reply back. Discourse is necessary for all the information to become validated.

But let me remind you that you sound like a Communist when you say I have no right to free speech.

Great reply back. Discourse is necessary for all the information to become validated.

But let me remind you that you sound like a Communist when you say I have no right to free speech.

He never said you don't have a right to free speech. He said

Meaning let people think for themselves, come to their own conclusions and make the vote that works best for them.

He never said you don't have a right to free speech. He said

Meaning let people think for themselves, come to their own conclusions and make the vote that works best for them.

"Not your right to tell....." Hmmmmmm That doesn't sound at all like shutting down free speech?

Not at all
"...to tell..." A person can "tell" whatever they want. Can they not?

Here's what I want you to do. When the Union "tells" you how you should vote Saturday "tell" them they can't. Shut them down just like on this thread here.

Hahahaha! Communists man...they crack me up!

Here's what I want you to do. When the Union "tells" you how you should vote Saturday "tell" them they can't. Shut them down just like on this thread here.

If your Local tells you how to vote, you should let them know that you live in a free country and that you will decide how you will vote.
Kind of like I will decide how I should vote without someone else there telling me I should just quit and let a junior man have my spot!!!

Were you this passionate on the "I'm voting no" thread? But keep twisting words. That's the only way you can get the truth to fit your narrative.
If you would do a little research on your own instead of doing as you are told by thinking for yourself, you would realize that S69 is not employed at ABF. But he does call out B.S. when he sees it.
Thank you S69!!! :1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

If your Local tells you how to vote, you should let them know that you live in a free country and that you will decide how you will vote.
Kind of like I will decide how I should vote without someone else there telling me I should just quit and let a junior man have my spot!!!
Exactly! Remind them it's a free country!

As for the junior taking a more senior spot, keep in mind that if the junior see no room for upward mobility you won't have a junior to help bear the load everyone is complaining about.

So why stay if you can retire? Why stay if it's really as bad as some say it is?

I made that point to show the board it must not be that bad if the complainers stayed.

If you would do a little research on your own instead of doing as you are told instead of thinking for yourself, you would realize that S69 is not employed at ABF. But he does call out B.S. when he sees it.
Thank you S69!!! :1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:
That's good by me. He isn't the person that I'm trying to convince. It's those who come by later and read this thread.

If he wants to lurk on a board that's his business.

Name calling is so lame FYI hate to bust your all knowing bubble but hubs and I lean pretty right of center on a lot of stuff and he is a solid No so.... there is that. Get over yourself life is so much more complicated then left vs right. That last part goes for all of us

Were you this passionate on the "I'm voting no" thread? But keep twisting words. That's the only way you can get the truth to fit your narrative.

I'm twisting words? That's rich :lmao:

I don't think I posted on the "I'm voting no" thread. You're entitled to your opinion and your vote, but if you take issue with somebody else's opinion, attack the argument not the person. If you disagreed with SOR's post, you could've easily done that. He even numbered them for you making it easier, but attacking him personally and calling him a Communist wasn't necessary.

Exactly! Remind them it's a free country!

As for the junior taking a more senior spot, keep in mind that if the junior see no room for upward mobility you won't have a junior to help bear the load everyone is complaining about.

So why stay if you can retire? Why stay if it's really as bad as some say it is?

I made that point to show the board it must not be that bad if the complainers stayed.
Every one of us has the right to stay until we are ready to retire. There is no rule stating you have to retire by a certain age. Here at the Rock, we have city drivers in their early 70’s and a road driver in his 80’s. Everyone one of them have the right to decide if and when they will retire and how they will vote on this contract!!!
Not you or the Union!!!

Every one of us has the right to stay until we are ready to retire. There is no rule stating you have to retire by a certain age. Here at the Rock, we have city drivers in their early 70’s and a road driver in his 80’s. Everyone one of them have the right to decide if and when they will retire and how they will vote on this contract!!!
Not you or the Union!!!
Have you consulted Bertha on this matter? :lmao: :lmao::1036316054:

That's good by me. He isn't the person that I'm trying to convince. It's those who come by later and read this thread.

If he wants to lurk on a board that's his business.
You aren't going to convince me based on how you have acted here....I have my own opinion on things and my opinion is we can do better....I have told people to vote how they want even though I don't agree...I will retire when I want and vote how I want....the Union endorses a contract, they don't actually tell you how to vote....also I would appreciate if you quit with the name calling....thanks.....and btw I wouldn't characterize saying we can do better and wanting changes as complaining....