ODFL | Info On North Carolina Terminals

thought pdx had bunk houses across the street wit them rvs and blue pickup driver
You must mean OD acres. For 20 bucks you can spend the night under the stars. For 10 bucks more you get your choice of RV’s. The fat lady will do your wash and hang it on the fence to dry. Right around the bend we have the executive suite. The mattress on the gravel. Experience the great outdoors. Gotta take a dump, no problem just do it in the middle of the road. Please don’t worry about our midnight business dealings. But please be careful with your trucks, we like to stand in the middle of the road while we’re flying on a trip.

People, everything here is truth. I’m waiting for the infestation of rat’s, and unknown virus’s from Sanford and Son across from our service center. I was actually thinking of opening up a theme park and giving guided tours. There’d be a small fee charged and a liability waiver. But what the hell, you only live once. Just think of the conversation with family and friends on the holidays. You toured the infamous OD acres.

In the beginning, your first day out, most likely Thursday or Friday 99% guaranteed you will go to Jersey City, NJ and take 10 in the bunk house. The next 2 days you will shuttle freight around New England, (New Haven, Providence, Boston, Portland e.i.. the 4th day central will reposition you so that you can make it back home on your 5th day. 48 hours off for every 5 days on.

Don't expect to get a turn for at least 5-7 years.
That’s about what we do at Estes out of the Carolinas as well. Northeast cleanup guy.

Sobriety disclaimer. The above post was written totally sober. I have to drive in the morning. So anyone thinking fly is chugging the juice, I am not.

One hundred percent true driver,, there’s dead rats on the road some times,, how kind of Od to let her clean her laundry with our sprinkler water

I bet if Billy could get down there in the early morning, he could probably snatch up that boat around the corner next to the other uograded RV lot on the way to Denver Ave. or I think fly, you should come in early and start playing that piano across the street to keep all us night owl,s smiling. I just wonder if the residents across the street like that loud horn my joloppie makes everythie it leaves the terminal? I think Jeff should atleast buy them a nice clothes line so they dont get rust on their clean clothes..LOL

I bet if Billy could get down there in the early morning, he could probably snatch up that boat around the corner next to the other uograded RV lot on the way to Denver Ave. or I think fly, you should come in early and start playing that piano across the street to keep all us night owl,s smiling. I just wonder if the residents across the street like that loud horn my joloppie makes everythie it leaves the terminal? I think Jeff should atleast buy them a nice clothes line so they dont get rust on their clean clothes..LOL

be careful with the horn driver,, who know what them filthy animals might do when they get scared during tweaker overdosing and it’s obvious the cops or city would care less also,, such a shame od has a nice location in a bad area,, a filthy city Portland becoming...

where your new truck go knuckles

Sorry for the late reply Billy..Jiffy Lube had it..nuff said right..LOL They lubed the 5th wheel, then had an appointment at Oli Can Henry's in Pacific, you know the place to have that hole fixed thats been there since it was 2 weeks old..it never went, sat in the junk pile for 25 days instead then when it did go, the repair was made and it sat another 4 days until the awsome shop manager you know the guy that has better hrs than a banker rounded up someone to go get er. came back with the turn signal light disconnected so that was good for another 4 days until someone figured it was a 10 second fix to plug it in. Guess Freightshaker didnt know how to do it so left it for our crew to figure out... she's back and running again though but still can not keep up with that newbie the one that does 538 miles 3 stops, takes his lunch and does it all in 10 hrs, guess they turned up my old one or maybe I'am just slowing down in my young age.. retirement starting to look pretty good...

In the beginning, your first day out, most likely Thursday or Friday 99% guaranteed you will go to Jersey City, NJ and take 10 in the bunk house. The next 2 days you will shuttle freight around New England, (New Haven, Providence, Boston, Portland e.i.. the 4th day central will reposition you so that you can make it back home on your 5th day. 48 hours off for every 5 days on.

Don't expect to get a turn for at least 5-7 years.

So either I’m getting smoke blown up my you know what or I don’t understand correctly. Reading many posts on OD board the bag runs are rare, many terminals don’t have a lot of them anymore. I was under the impression new line drivers would probably start off as wild turn, set start day, 3 hour window for start time, home every day. 6th day optional. Also as far as bid runs, I keep getting different answers. Some say you can get a good turn after 6 months - 1 year. Now it’s 5-7? Can any OD guys on the east coast clarify this?

So either I’m getting smoke blown up my you know what or I don’t understand correctly. Reading many posts on OD board the bag runs are rare, many terminals don’t have a lot of them anymore. I was under the impression new line drivers would probably start off as wild turn, set start day, 3 hour window for start time, home every day. 6th day optional. Also as far as bid runs, I keep getting different answers. Some say you can get a good turn after 6 months - 1 year. Now it’s 5-7? Can any OD guys on the east coast clarify this?
He's out of Greensboro. It's different in Harrisburg. Only a small handful of bags there. There is none at my terminal and most terminals. I've never worked a 6 day in 7 years. (Been asked to volunteer 100 times but never did)