ABF | is ABF doing wrong to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Brothers I have seen both sides of this discussion. I know from experience what it is like to have a TM and or a boss that singles you out and makes life as hard as they can. And I like ABFer could not get anyone in Fort Smith to see how much these people were destroying the terminal. Not until the terminal was bleeding cash did they step in and make the changes that were necessary. You say ABF is a great company and for the most part I would not argue that point. But remember if you or any of us feels as though we are being treated any different than the rest it becomes a terrible place to work.And we should not have to leave because of a bad boss. Yes I made mistakes and I know many of you won't believe this but some times I was BULL HEADED. But all I ever wanted to do was come to work and do my job and to be left alone. So if you ever see a fellow Teamster being treated less than the rest stand with him and just maybe his and your working lives will be BETTER! YOUR BELIEVING ABFer BROTHER ALWAYS!

First Off Stoney, In twelve Years at ABF, I am accident free, I have never been hurt , I have never damaged a piece of Freight. To make a long story short I am not a typical ABF employee like yourself. So when the oportunity arises again You go ahead and vote to give 15% back to the company like you did last time, ABF and Rick Perry love mindless Sheep like yourself

I can't beleive I am saying this but Stoney is right on with his answer. ABF is a great place to work and is more then fair to us. You are doing no one a favor by showing up with a bad attitude and doing a ****ty job with the freight.MOVE ON IF ITS THAT BAD.

It happens, its OK.:hysterical:

First Off Stoney, In twelve Years at ABF, I am accident free, I have never been hurt , I have never damaged a piece of Freight. To make a long story short I am not a typical ABF employee like yourself. So when the oportunity arises again You go ahead and vote to give 15% back to the company like you did last time, ABF and Rick Perry love mindless Sheep like yourself

OK, and? How did ABF do you you wrong? Funny, I've been with ABF since mid 05. No accidents, never hurt, never damaged equipment or freight. So you and are just alike. But ABF has never done me wrong. But you never said how ABF did you wrong? They pay you a great wage, and pretty good bennies. I'm sure you have a good home life.

Now yes, I voted yes on the concessions. Was I wrong? Well time will tell. But I know how companies think. I believe ABF will get that 15% somewhere. If not in wages, then perhaps hiring less, driving old equipment longer. Which both are happening right now. I'm line haul, and I'm still driving 17s. Well both the 17s and 18s should be long gone right now. And ABF could hire more right now in some locations, but are not.

And how am I a sheep? Because you believe differently than you?

OK Brothers I have seen both sides of this discussion. I know from experience what it is like to have a TM and or a boss that singles you out and makes life as hard as they can. And I like ABFer could not get anyone in Fort Smith to see how much these people were destroying the terminal. Not until the terminal was bleeding cash did they step in and make the changes that were necessary. You say ABF is a great company and for the most part I would not argue that point. But remember if you or any of us feels as though we are being treated any different than the rest it becomes a terrible place to work.And we should not have to leave because of a bad boss. Yes I made mistakes and I know many of you won't believe this but some times I was BULL HEADED. But all I ever wanted to do was come to work and do my job and to be left alone. So if you ever see a fellow Teamster being treated less than the rest stand with him and just maybe his and your working lives will be BETTER! YOUR BELIEVING ABFer BROTHER ALWAYS!

But Muler, would you tear down a TM and provide no specifics? Just hate on them because their management? Would you admit to to kicking and throwing around freight? I know you wouldn't. But ABFer has.

Stonehead is what he is, I see it and others see it, 'nough said. I find it hard to believe that even a jackass like Stohehead would tell us he's a road driver and brag that he never damaged freight. Why don't you take your panties off and work the dock and the street for 15 years then tell us how you never GOT CAUGHT damaging freight.

Stonehead is what he is, I see it and others see it, 'nough said. I find it hard to believe that even a jackass like Stohehead would tell us he's a road driver and brag that he never damaged freight. Why don't you take your panties off and work the dock and the street for 15 years then tell us how you never GOT CAUGHT damaging freight.

Why do you always have to insult and act like a kid?

When you act like a jackass I can't help myself.

But Muler, would you tear down a TM and provide no specifics? Just hate on them because their management? Would you admit to to kicking and throwing around freight? I know you wouldn't. But ABFer has.

I don't owe you any specifics, Stonehead, and you shall get none. Most jackasses don't realize they are being jackasses.

How does ABF treat its Employee's wrong, Where do I start. First off ,How about when the fine Folks in Ft. Smith refer to me as Touch Labor, I am Licensed in My State as a Professional Truck Driver. I am not an Illegal Alien cutting Grass! I doubt any one at Corporate is Licensed to do anything Professionally! Secondly ..How about when they ask you to give up 15% of your wages, So they can give themselves a big bump in pay and retention bonuses ( they say this exact thing on the inforoundtable) How about the fact that they are right now planning to get out of the Pension Fund, So with 15% less wages and no Pension You will never be able to retire and will probably die in the Truck. On the last Day of that life I wish I could be there so you can tell me how special ABF was! I would tell you on that Day " Sounds pretty much like it was a Sheeps life" So just remember ABF is just a corporation its not Your Family, Do whats right for Your Family not the Corporation

I don't owe you any specifics, Stonehead, and you shall get none. Most jackasses don't realize they are being jackasses.

Problem is, you never provided specifics to anyone. I asked multiple times, why that TM missed the meeting, and got nothing but fat jokes and other silly insults towards the TM from you. Talk about being a jackass.

Here let ask you another question you can't answer. How was I jackass?

How does ABF treat its Employee's wrong, Where do I start. First off ,How about when the fine Folks in Ft. Smith refer to me as Touch Labor, I am Licensed in My State as a Professional Truck Driver.I am not an Illegal Alien cutting Grass! I doubt any one at Corporate is Licensed to do anything Professionally!

AWWW, need as tissue? ABF hurt your feelings? I don't care what they refer to me as. Long as they pay as a professional. But how is referring to as whatever miss treating you?

Secondly ..How about when they ask you to give up 15% of your wages, So they can give themselves a big bump in pay and retention bonuses ( they say this exact thing on the inforoundtable)

Its business. YRC got a wage cut, many other non union companies were cutting either wages or benefits or even both. Its business. You just said below that ABF is a corporation, not a family. But here your pissed of that they acted like a business and not a family?
And as far as the retention bonuses. Is it a tough pill to swallow? Ya, but again your showing you have no clue how business works. You and I are labor. We are nothing more than a cost of doing business. Those that got bonuses are the ones that make key decisions on how to run ABF, make ABF profitable and competitive. If the ABF board of Directors at ABF see they have some good people in place that have the right ideas and can make the right decisions to return ABF back to profitability, they need to pay enough so they won't lose them to another company.
You and I are not hired to make decisions like this. We are hired to move the the freight. Business isn't pretty. ABF's job isn't to make you and I happy. Its job is to make profit.

How about the fact that they are right now planning to get out of the Pension Fund, So with 15% less wages and no Pension You will never be able to retire and will probably die in the Truck. On the last Day of that life I wish I could be there so you can tell me how special ABF was! I would tell you on th Day " Sounds pretty much like it was a Sheeps life" So just remember ABF is just a corporation its not Your Family, Do whats right for Your Family not the Corporation

Good! I hope they are! I believe the pension as it sits today is flawed. Its in the same boat as SSI. Heading towards insolvency. And I really doubt ABF wants us to never retire and die in the truck. They don't want worn out old farts driving their trucks and moving their freight. It would cut into productivity. And less productivity means less profits.

Whats wrong with a private pension over a multi-employer pension? Or dare I say, whats wrong with a 401K?

REBELYELL said:
Your a mindless Moron ........Freakin **** that's enjoying the Benefits of what other People fought for!

Again, another needless insult.
Yes others fought for the benefits we have today. But that doesn't mean there sustainable. At one time they were. But times change.

Problem is, you never provided specifics to anyone. I asked multiple times, why that TM missed the meeting, and got nothing but fat jokes and other silly insults towards the TM from you. Talk about being a jackass.

Here let ask you another question you can't answer. How was I jackass?

I can't answer that??? Where do I start? I'll give you just two occasions when you were a jackass. There is another thread (I'm sure you recall) where you cited and provided a link to an article. You took the first part of it and cited it as gospel fact when later in the article it was disputed by another contributor to the article, a credible source at that. Funny, as much as you despise President Obama, you took his opinion over that of an economist.

Then in this thread you chose to brag how you never damaged any freight in all your years and miles as a road driver. How 'bout if you tell me just how road drivers might damage freight (other than having a roll over accident).

Can you guys take this fight to PM and get back on topic?

I wish the Company would take 15% from the paychecks of all the Morons that voted to give it back. Those Morons are now hiding behind the backs of the intelligent ones that voted it down,Cowards to the end!

I wish the Company would take 15% from the paychecks of all the Morons that voted to give it back. Those Morons are now hiding behind the backs of the intelligent ones that voted it down,Cowards to the end!

Cowards to the End!!! LOL!! I voted yes. Am I hiding? Those I work with know how I voted. I don't know what voting yes makes you coward. We just had a different belief of what was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.