Yellow | Is it Time????

In this economy, with the unemployment numbers up again this month, yes, you should feel fortunate that you do still have a job. I know lots of folks who have lost their jobs in the last couple of years and would gladly trade places with you. So please, man up and quit your crying.

Then I watch the news and see those folks in those towns destroyed by the tornadoes who have lost everything and who are thankful to be alive and then hear you bellyache because you took a pay cut. Poor baby, send me your address so I can send you some tissues.

You're hilarious......"I'm just so thankful I have a job" And yes, there are obviously too many people to count that would love to have my job. So what........if I want to complain about issues in this forum.......that's what it's here for. If you don't like what I write, ignore it. My point has always been, if we were to compare apples to apples (ABF-YRC) one makes money (with no concessions) and the other?............So keep taking your happy pills.......you'll need them when they pull the plug.

You're hilarious......"I'm just so thankful I have a job" And yes, there are obviously too many people to count that would love to have my job. So what........if I want to complain about issues in this forum.......that's what it's here for. If you don't like what I write, ignore it. My point has always been, if we were to compare apples to apples (ABF-YRC) one makes money (with no concessions) and the other?............So keep taking your happy pills.......you'll need them when they pull the plug.

You make a good point, let's compare apples to apples. But don't stop with just ABF, let's also compare YRC to CF, Time-DC, Branch, Spector, Navajo, Transcon, St. Johnsbury, Cooper-Jarret, etc., etc. How does YRC (even in as bad a shape as they are) compare to those outfits these days? No comparison I guess!

You also made another good point, you're just on here to complain and moan and I get it. No problem, nothing productive to offer but that's OK now that I know where you're coming from.

You make a good point, let's compare apples to apples. But don't stop with just ABF, let's also compare YRC to CF, Time-DC, Branch, Spector, Navajo, Transcon, St. Johnsbury, Cooper-Jarret, etc., etc. How does YRC (even in as bad a shape as they are) compare to those outfits these days? No comparison I guess!

You also made another good point, you're just on here to complain and moan and I get it. No problem, nothing productive to offer but that's OK now that I know where you're coming from.

Its ok triplex. Relax and don't fret. There will be a nice tall glass of kool-aid sitting next to your "yes" pen.

Its ok triplex. Relax and don't fret. There will be a nice tall glass of kool-aid sitting next to your "yes" pen.

Tell you what slim, if you ever find yourself thirsty and have nothing to drink, I'll gladly share my Kool-aid with you! :1036316054: :D

He'll need the kool-aid to take his happy pills!

You poor thing, you just don't get it do you. It takes much less effort to be optimistic then to walk around with an attitude. I don't need stimulants to be happy whereas I imagine you do.

You poor thing, you just don't get it do you. It takes much less effort to be optimistic then to walk around with an attitude. I don't need stimulants to be happy whereas I imagine you do.

Yes I am.........15% poorer. And on top of that, this C.O.O. will move work that myself, and many of my brothers have been doing (myself for 23 years) to a terminal that doesn't produce nearly as well as my terminal. Now, you keep spouting all these positive vibes to us........so tell me, how does it make sense to downgrade the good and upgrade the bad?

Yes I am.........15% poorer. And on top of that, this C.O.O. will move work that myself, and many of my brothers have been doing (myself for 23 years) to a terminal that doesn't produce nearly as well as my terminal. Now, you keep spouting all these positive vibes to us........so tell me, how does it make sense to downgrade the good and upgrade the bad?

If what you say is true then offhand I can't say it makes any sense. But without knowing all the reasons for the change I'd only be forming an opinion without knowing all the facts. I certainly sympathize with you for the loss of work, but not knowing more about why it's being done just leaves a bunch of questions unanswered. Maybe somebody knows more about all the real reasons for the change.

ppaddy123, if you're at 123 which I would assume from your name, isn't 123 a gaining location?

The network was sold and leased back. What wasn't is collateral for a debt that can and won't ever be paid off. The network is worthless.

Negative. Roadway-Yellow owned about 750-800 terminals between them. Buy-outs always involve sell-offs to pay for acquisitions. Some terminals were sold, some were used for asset backed loans. You're the finance expert so if you say they will never pay it down why have the banks not filed and cashed out? Obviously YRC has not defaulted and has the liquidity. This COO will cost jobs and ruin more lives but that's the bad feature about capitalism..sometimes it hits the fan

it's Obama's fault​

Joe and Triplex I Love a half full glass(always optomistic) been to one of these meeting this week with uppermgmt and YES we are making progress! need to get rid of the slackers(B.S.COMP)etc. WE are not ROADWAY or YELLOW we are now one YRC FRT!

Whatever they did and whatever degree they did it was to be able to continue operating so to be able to turn things around and make the company viable again. They obviously obtained financing from a whole lot of smarter financial types than me and you so what's your point? That your financial insight is so much more astute than that of those in the financial arena? Get a grip on yourself.
Hows that worked out for us??? I think I might be A little more optimistic If I happened to be retired like you! No pun intended , but you really don't have A dog in the fight!

Interesting in that we seem to be moving forward but still slipping backwards. Any way trying a litigation move will amount to nothing and take years to fight. I agree with one thing...we got boned giving up 15% of our wages for stocks which the Union and the Company crammed down our throats. We should've )Hindsight is 20/20) had back up clauses in place to protect our interest. Is this not what we pay Onion dues for? Anyway we are stuck with what we got....onward...

ABF is ecstatic that it made a million in profit..you think? I don't think so. The war at ABF has yet to come. Can't understand what's taking that court so long to render a decision on the lawsuit. If YRC wins the stock will skyrocket and ABF's will take a dive making ABF more desperate

Slim get old Trip to tell you the truth......he's RETIRED!!!!!! It's no wonder he has no problems mate!!!!!!

Watch out or I'll dump my colostomy bag into your defroster vents, dagnabbit! (My apologies to real bag users)

If I'm retired, will someone please tell me where my pension checks have been all this time? I just love this place!! :LMAO:

Watch out or I'll dump my colostomy bag into your defroster vents, dagnabbit! (My apologies to real bag users)

If I'm retired, will someone please tell me where my pension checks have been all this time? I just love this place!! :LMAO:

Thats the monthly deposit to your account that ya been trying to figure out....We know its just a drop in the bucket for you tho. :Poke:

think cyclical
Definition of 'Cyclical Industry'
A type of an industry that is sensitive to the business cycle, such that revenues are generally higher in periods of economic prosperity and expansion, and lower in periods of economic downturn and contraction.

cy·cli·cal
   [sahy-kli-kuhl, sik-li-] Show IPA
adjective
cyclic.
of or denoting a business or stock whose income, value, or earnings fluctuate widely according to variations in the economy or the cycle of the seasons:

it's hang time​