Yellow | It looks like the fat lady is about to sing!

Hotboy Ice

Banned
Credits
Sweet baby Jesus, the hypocrisy on this letter (and the others in recent weeks) is hard to fathom! Where were all of these so-called "leaders" 3 to 6 months ago, when Yellow Corporation was firmly warning the govt and unions that their financial situation was quickly deteriorating?

On the positive side, this is very good news for Yellow's stock (YELLQ) as the many pending & shadow bids will rapidly drive up the company's asset valuations. Strongly recommend to take a long position in the shares and hold on as we head into 2024. As strange as it may be, this saga isn't over!

Treasury-Letter-Nov-7-2023-Pg1.md.jpeg Treasury-Letter-Nov-7-2023-Pg2.md.jpeg

Ed Markey and Liz Warren, would they be worried about those lost jobs if they weren't union workers? Nope. They don't care about the workers, they care about PAC money and votes. Nothing against you guys who lost your jobs because we're all drivers and we all share the same common ground, but right now, there isn't an economic demand for more LTL capacity as Yellow's freight was successfully absorbed by its former competitors. Resurrecting another LTL in the near future will create over capacity and hurt everyone in the industry. Yellow, like the others who ended up in bankruptcy, had its chance and it blew it. It's time to let it go.

Sweet baby Jesus, the hypocrisy on this letter (and the others in recent weeks) is hard to fathom! Where were all of these so-called "leaders" 3 to 6 months ago, when Yellow Corporation was firmly warning the govt and unions that their financial situation was quickly deteriorating?

On the positive side, this is very good news for Yellow's stock (YELLQ) as the many pending & shadow bids will rapidly drive up the company's asset valuations. Strongly recommend to take a long position in the shares and hold on as we head into 2024. As strange as it may be, this saga isn't over!

Treasury-Letter-Nov-7-2023-Pg1.md.jpeg Treasury-Letter-Nov-7-2023-Pg2.md.jpeg
Strongly recommend taking a long position?
Sounds like an insider leaking information.
I didn’t know Martha was considered fat.

I think this is all BS. If they wanted this done there would be discussions with someone in the Biden Administration not a letter addressed to the Secretary of the Treasury. If the Administration that already said no to extending those loans before Yellow closed wanted this done they would tell Yellin to do it.

This is just BS so they can all say we tried to help working class people vote for us.

Fat-Lady-Sings.jpg

Probably realize how much money the government is losing paying unemployment instead of collecting taxes on 30,000 employees. I mean it's gotta be close to a half billion dollars a year probably more. With WW3 knocking at the door they are probably wanting that tax money right about now

Probably realize how much money the government is losing paying unemployment instead of collecting taxes on 30,000 employees. I mean it's gotta be close to a half billion dollars a year probably more. With WW3 knocking at the door they are probably wanting that tax money right about now
Businesses pay into unemployment tax for workers. FUTA and SUTA government is not on hook for all of it. They want you working to pay taxes, the higher the wage the more they get from you and the employer. Plus you are out spending and putting money into the economy.

Businesses pay into unemployment tax for workers. FUTA and SUTA government is not on hook for all of it. They want you working to pay taxes, the higher the wage the more they get from you and the employer. Plus you are out spending and putting money into the economy.
Futa and Suta? Are they female Sumo wrestlers? Or SORs other hefty cousins?

Probably 90% or more have already found employment elsewhere. Walmart hired quiet a few and the other LTL's took some.
Even if 90% have found other employment as you say, I have to wonder how much of that employment pays as well as what those people were paid at Yellow. Don't know the answer myself, just curious.