Yellow | It looks like the fat lady is about to sing!

Even if 90% have found other employment as you say, I have to wonder how much of that employment pays as well as what those people were paid at Yellow. Don't know the answer myself, just curious.
As far as drivers, 99% of local companies pay more than yellow, dock only, not so much.

As far as drivers, 99% of local companies pay more than yellow, dock only, not so much.
And just how many former Yellow employees out of the 22,000 Teamsters formerly employed have obtained jobs at those companies that "pay more"? Reading many comments on here about former employees not finding good jobs seems to contradict what you say.

And just how many former Yellow employees out of the 22,000 Teamsters formerly employed have obtained jobs at those companies that "pay more"? Reading many comments on here about former employees not finding good jobs seems to contradict what you say.
There are a few that came to Estes and are making a chunk more starting at bottom driver pay. Even after deductions taken out.

Reactions: TC1
A lot of people don't understand that even though we only made $26 an hour, we also had health and welfare that contributed around an extra $10 per hour, raising us up to around $36 an hour. I had major eye surgery to the toon of $90,000.00 that cost me $800. And before anyone says anything about that being the reason the company went bankrupt, payroll cost in the ballpark of 700million with yearly revenue around 5.2bn.

A lot of people don't understand that even though we only made $26 an hour, we also had health and welfare that contributed around an extra $10 per hour, raising us up to around $36 an hour. I had major eye surgery to the toon of $90,000.00 that cost me $800. And before anyone says anything about that being the reason the company went bankrupt, payroll cost in the ballpark of 700million with yearly revenue around 5.2bn.
22,000 Teamsters still working there at the end says the job wasn't so terribly bad after all in spite of all the negativity. :idunno:

22,000 Teamsters still working there at the end says the job wasn't so terribly bad after all in spite of all the negativity. :idunno:
I will not argue with you on that, it was more about watching management do things wrong and not being able to do anything about it!

I don't know about you Triplex, but my average bring home was around $1250
Everyone's personal situation is/was different. I was OK with what I earned even though it was a disappointment it was reduced long ago.

Even if 90% have found other employment as you say, I have to wonder how much of that employment pays as well as what those people were paid at Yellow. Don't know the answer myself, just curious.
Walmart might have some insurance co pay, but I know several guys that say it is best driving job ever.

That stupid expensive health insurance certainly didn't help them.

That level of healthcare insurance is great for those who need it/use it. But 90%+ of the employees would be better off with a high deductible plan and an extra $7/hr in their paycheck. Let them decide how they want to spend their earnings. One time that insurance saved you about $90,000. If you were making $7/hr more you would have $14,500 more in your savings account every year. You could pay 90K out of pocket every 7 years you've been employed and be ahead.

Walmart might have some insurance co pay, but I know several guys that say it is best driving job ever.
Just like some guys like blonds, some like brunettes, some even like other guys, different strokes for different folks when it comes to jobs also. No issue there. :1036316054:

But... They weren't PAYING your H&W into the CSPF... Remember? They even refused to bring it current by paying the 50 million owed while the fund carried them.

That stupid expensive health insurance certainly didn't help them.

That level of healthcare insurance is great for those who need it/use it. But 90%+ of the employees would be better off with a high deductible plan and an extra $7/hr in their paycheck. Let them decide how they want to spend their earnings. One time that insurance saved you about $90,000. If you were making $7/hr more you would have $14,500 more in your savings account every year. You could pay 90K out of pocket every 7 years you've been employed and be ahead.
“Stupid expensive health insurance “ .. you should’ve explained that to the 90% plus employees and they could’ve went to work for FedEx, EXPO, etc. Give me a break

I'd like to hope some attitudes change. The "not my job". " I don't work the dock" business isn't going to work at other companies or if some kind of company is resurrected from Yellow. I remember we had a casual at my old terminal one time. As I have seen so may times he would break ball bearings if the tm asked him to. He was getting close on his days one morning. Walks out on the dock with his load saying "this is bull sh##" A #sears & roebuck" catalog to deliver. Ill bring half of it back. He was looking at me not realizing the tm had followed him out on the dock to ask someone a question. He took the bills from him and we never saw him again.