FedEx Freight | It's not just about air frt , this is a good read...

Wouldn’t be surprised if Raj starts using contractors to start moving heavyweight freight to Freight terminals for us to move. I wonder if the customers know that what they paid a premium for to put it on a plane is actually moving in its entirety on a truck in most cases lol. Instead of another color coded rainbow strategy let’s just call it what it is and send a freight truck to pick it up.

One heavyweight shipment I moved never touched an aircraft in its entire movement in our system. Haha we have slimy used car salesmen running this outfit.
Some big markets, perhaps. In my AO, the Express heavyweight shipments probably don't add up to a full 53ft on a busy day, and half that on average. Maybe 15 skid spots a day, maybe.
The airport is also less than 4mi away from the hub that would service it.
It would be VERY easy to run a city driver there with a van and have them waiting.

As to the premium the customer paid, at some point, it's always had to hit a truck for the last mile at least for F1 freight (aircraft)

F3 is always moved through the system on trucks, usually contracted with Ozark, and depending on service, F2 as well.

Hey all. Video playing in break room discussing Tricolor mentions 16 "injection points" where Express heavyweight shipments are absorbed into our network here at Freight. Memphis, it says, is one. Where are the other 15?
You tell us ?

Keep asking please , thank you !

Someone will leak it or crack it always does.

If you find a shipment from express try reading the shipping label. They will have the express label on there and a freight one.

They typically have the pickup terminal and the destination terminal abbreviations on them. Would look like GSP - ATL.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Raj starts using contractors to start moving heavyweight freight to Freight terminals for us to move. I wonder if the customers know that what they paid a premium for to put it on a plane is actually moving in its entirety on a truck in most cases lol. Instead of another color coded rainbow strategy let’s just call it what it is and send a freight truck to pick it up.

One heavyweight shipment I moved never touched an aircraft in its entire movement in our system. Haha we have slimy used car salesmen running this outfit.
The customer is paying to have it shipped in a certain time frame,they couldn’t care less if it goes in a plane or not.