Yellow | Jack Cooper Making $2 Billion Bid for Bankrupt Yellow

Now you are sounding thin skinned.....

Everybody has an opinion.... You just don't have to agree with it.
Are you kidding me? I have always objected to those to attack the poster with personal attacks/insults rather than debating/disagreeing with the position. Calling me thin skinned tells me you haven't been paying attention. :duh:

Are you kidding me? I have always objected to those to attack the poster with personal attacks/insults rather than debating/disagreeing with the position. Calling me thin skinned tells me you haven't been paying attention. :duh:
Okay..... Don't get excited.,.. we are good.... Don't have a attack.... Lol

Yes, but it would be negotiated again in March. I would seriously doubt the Judge would tamper with the NMFA if sold as is, however I do believe he would grant the remaining portion of the CHOPS be effective or at least recommend some type of immediate arbitration / dispute resolution on it going forward since that seems to be the underlying argument for the cash burn - inefficiency problems according to the depositions.
Read the whole article look on the web and explains the whole thing Democrats and Republican senators are trying to talk to the treasury department to get them to push back the payments that was due in 2024 700 million Dollars yellow went out of business because they couldn't afford the payment...... If they get that resolved they would sit down with the teamsters and work out a new contract and it said in the Wall Street journal article most of the 22,000 union jobs some will get there job back it didn't elaborate oi jobs just some let's keep our fingers crossed and hopefully we get our jobs back there was plenty of people there that had 15- 20 years 25 years and up we need to retire we've been through a lot of crap since 2009 give backs :::::: being treated like crap and there's a lot of people on here that just talk I don't think ever work for the company or they just ignorant:::::: if it wasn't for us the company would have would have been out of a business a number of years ago the only reason why they stayed in business because of reading way Holland and New Penn they were able to get the loans because of us yellow sucked always did suck .........the CEO back in 05 /06 started all this trouble off years ago by spending money like a drunken sailor on leave .......buying company in China taking over other companies and making bad investments and top management got bonuses all along the way never put any money back into the company or consolidating the 4 companies to run different lanes and all work together not overlapping each other with yellow new pen and roadway..... we should all say a prayer and hopefully this does go through and it's up to you if you want to go back and work I figure new company New Management you might as well take a shot it's better than what's out there now working non Union I'm still looking for a job it's pretty damn hard to find one

Yes, but it would be negotiated again in March. I would seriously doubt the Judge would tamper with the NMFA if sold as is, however I do believe he would grant the remaining portion of the CHOPS be effective or at least recommend some type of immediate arbitration / dispute resolution on it going forward since that seems to be the underlying argument for the cash burn - inefficiency problems according to the depositions.
Read the whole article look on the web and explains the whole thing Democrats and Republican senators are trying to talk to the treasury department to get them to push back the payments that was due in 2024 700 million Dollars yellow went out of business because they couldn't afford the payment...... If they get that resolved they would sit down with the teamsters and work out a new contract and it said in the Wall Street journal article most of the 22,000 union jobs some will get there job back it didn't elaborate oi jobs just some let's keep our fingers crossed and hopefully we get our jobs back there was plenty of people there that had 15- 20 years 25 years and up we need to retire we've been through a lot of crap since 2009 give backs :::::: being treated like crap and there's a lot of people on here that just talk I don't think ever work for the company or they just ignorant:::::: if it wasn't for us the company would have would have been out of a business a number of years ago the only reason why they stayed in business because of reading way Holland and New Penn they were able to get the loans because of us yellow sucked always did suck .........the CEO back in 05 /06 started all this trouble off years ago by spending money like a drunken sailor on leave .......buying company in China taking over other companies and making bad investments and top management got bonuses all along the way never put any money back into the company or consolidating the 4 companies to run different lanes and all work together not overlapping each other with yellow new pen and roadway..... we should all say a prayer and hopefully this does go through and it's up to you if you want to go back and work I figure new company New Management you might as well take a shot it's better than what's out there now working non Union I'm still looking for a job it's pretty damn hard to find one

It’s not like the patient is in the ICU,” said Satish Jindel, president of SJ Consulting Group, a freight transport industry research and consulting firm. “The patient is dead.”

Now there's a statement of conviction if I've ever heard one!!!!...Well stated sir :1036316054:...Hang in there brother!!!!

It’s not like the patient is in the ICU,” said Satish Jindel, president of SJ Consulting Group, a freight transport industry research and consulting firm. “The patient is dead.”
With everything going on,and I do mean ''everything''in our ''Truth is stranger than fiction'' society,would anyone really be shocked if this all 'panned out' in the end...I sure as hell wouldn't!!!!🙏...Saving Teamster jobs?....Let's DO IT!!!!...Thoughts and prayers to every family that has a ''stake'' in making this situation a reality!!!!

I just wonder how they would pay 700 million back in just 2 years. Thats a lot of cash and from a company thats went bankrupt itself

They'll have to liquidate assets. In the beginning they aren't likely to generate that kind of net income from operations.
I guess one place to start is sell off all the duplicate terminals in same area and get cash that way. Who knows. Would be interesting if it worked. Would be devastating again for a lot of people if it becomes a failed attempt.
Would be very hard decision to make.

I guess one place to start is sell off all the duplicate terminals in same area and get cash that way. Who knows. Would be interesting if it worked. Would be devastating again for a lot of people if it becomes a failed attempt.
Let's take a step back and look at the whole picture. I posted a while back that 30000 folks and families losing their jobs was horrific. And it is. Now a company that can't keep itself in good financial shape is going to somehow find however much money is needed to float a corporation that couldn't make a correct decision for decades? And 2 of the most out of touch people on planet earth are going to try to force this thru? ie 2 US Senators. How many shippers are going to sign up for this ride? My guess, only the mentally defective ones. I'm thinking these are folks that are just grandstanding. Just doing what they do best, jerking people around. My opinion, vent over

Will we get back pay?

Yep. When IFS filed chapter 11 I was 25 years old. Had a 2 year old, a substantial mortgage and a wife who was a stay at home mom. I put out some feelers. I was offered a job as a dispatcher at an LTL carrier right up the street. I gave notice, cashed out my vacation and took the job. After my notice was up I had about a week before my start date at the other carrier. IFS called me during that time and offered me a OPS manager position at a facility about 45 miles away. Uggghhh. What do to? Those decisions are never easy, and the best call will vary by individual. When somebody else is paying your bills they can tell you what's right/wrong for your situation.