Yellow | Jim Hoffa and Ken Wood Will Be At Atlanta Local 728 on 10-11-14!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
President Hoffa & Southern VP Ken Wood will be at Local 728 on Saturday, 10/11/14 @ 10 AM......Come on down....but be sure to have your Union card or you will not get in....LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD....or quit *****'in!

:icon_dance:

I would be interested to hear how they handle the question and answer session. If anyone goes please post a report.

I would be interested to hear how they handle the question and answer session. If anyone goes please post a report.

I would be shocked if there was a live unscripted Q&A session involving Hoffa. I'll be surprised if he even shows up.

I would be shocked if there was a live unscripted Q&A session involving Hoffa. I'll be surprised if he even shows up.
Hmmmm lemme guess. A few plants with special hair cut, hat, shirt, etc to get called on then meeting adjourned. Then it's brats and dogs for all. OOO and thanks for coming out.

Somebody please ask him why the local Unions have to start going after Fedex & conway? where is the damn freight division?

Ha , wonder if Hoffa will even show up ?? or say his flight got delayed ??? IF he does we really need to have address this -15% ponzi scam ,when yrc is paying Bonus money out !!!

Somebody please ask him why the local Unions have to start going after Fedex & conway? where is the damn freight division?
My guess is that a nationwide organizing drive at FedEx and Conway would be too expensive a risk for Hoffa and co.at this time. The smart bet is for the IBT to sit back and wait to see if the drivers at those local barns are really serious and committed to joining the Teamsters. I'm sure Tyson and the freight division are co-ordinating the local organizing behind the scene. But they will probably wait to see if the drivers don't cave in to the company's union busting pressure and are actually serious about joining on an individual terminal basis. Then when the time is right the union will put on a full court press looking for the slam dunk.

By reading some of the threads on TB and talking to a couple of friends I believe the time is right. I believe that the drivers have had enough and are ready to organize. I believe that certain anti union posters on this site are management and or shills paid to discourage the union movement at FedEx and Conway....... I have tried to correct false statements and misleading posts only to be attacked personally in violation of the rules................................I wish the workers the best in this effort.

I have been off work for surgery and TeamCare has paid everything without hesitation. What problems are you guys having??

Hoffa and hall are a joke there part of what's wrong with the union look at pat flynns deal and the nepotism and Hoffa putting coli in charge of trusteeship of local 710 which I believe coli had got caught stealing or something ibt and teamsters that are are leaders are jokes ...crooks takeing care of there own and family relatives and the good old boy network are a joke

I want to encourage all who can to attend the Local 728 meeting. Hoffa needs to be peppered with hard questions; not bitched at, but peppered with hard questions. In my not-very-humble opinion, Hoffa and company have sold us down the river. Their performance has been abysmal; their representation of us even worse. We are grossly underpaid for what we do (provided you are doing your job and not "milking the pooch").
If the Union leadership isn't going to do their job, get the %$#@ out!! If the corporate management isn't going to improve the company, get the %$$# out! I for one am sick and tired of the lies, the arrogance, and the inaction to get this company on the right track. Welch, Lilly, Skarka, Hawkins, Hoffa, Johnson and Hall are doing little more than giving us "lip service." It's time we took charge!

I want to encourage all who can to attend the Local 728 meeting. Hoffa needs to be peppered with hard questions; not bitched at, but peppered with hard questions.
I would love to see it but they will not let that happen.

They are not Teamsters and do not report back to Hoffa and company, that would be against SEC regulations.

The international has the contracted right to name 2 members to the board all that means is they can select people that they feel will be in our best interest nothing more.

They are not Teamsters and do not report back to Hoffa and company, that would be against SEC regulations.

The international has the contracted right to name 2 members to the board all that means is they can select people that they feel will be in our best interest nothing more.

The board of directors of any corporation has a fiduciary duty to the shareholders and can be sued for failure in that regard. That is the law. They must act in the best interests of the shareholders, i.e., the owners.