XPO | John L.'s NIKE endorsment

He probably thought that nobody would notice the oversite.........really.

if u watched the video in monday's communicatino meeting, you'd notice what i thought to be a nike "check" mark on his shirt...this thread confirmed my suspicion....

....the "irony" these guys are poking fun at is that according to con-way policy we shouldnt be wearing anything with a logo....heck even some con-way stuff arent allowed while working....

logo no longer a no go

small manufacturers logos are acceptable and have been since they changed the uniform policy from suit to biz casual

I checked with my boss and I am not allowed to wear a small Jewish (Star of David) logo on my sleeve.

Playboy Bunnie?
NOPE.

#s 666?
NOPE.

Chemical Caring Hands?
NOPE.

Sex Anonymous logo?
NOPE.

The Dell Computer Co. "DELL"?
NOPE.

A happy rainbow?
NOPE.

Free Mason Compass?
NOPE.

Swastika?
NOPE.

How about a purple dinosaur singing ISWM?
NOT FUNNY!

With a lisp?
NO!

Yet another example of leading by example

if u watched the video in monday's communication meeting, you'd notice what i thought to be a nike "check" mark on his shirt...this thread confirmed my suspicion....

....the "irony" these guys are poking fun at is that according to con-way policy we shouldnt be wearing anything with a logo....heck even some con-way stuff arent allowed while working....
what communication meeting we don't have those at xco. so tell me what was in the video???

what communication meeting we don't have those at xco. so tell me what was in the video???

short 15 minute video starting with john telling us about this is our company and if we all try our best it will be the best company...

....then little clips sliding trhough of drivers from various terminals saying how much they care about their jobs and how hard they try all the time and give 200%....
... :butt kiss: ?

Did his shirt also have a Con-way Logo on it? I didn't see the video...

Some of the garments available with conway logos have the manufacturer's logo as well... also related to the business casual dress code: Do you know how hard it is to find a polo shirt without any marking on the front? Most have at least a logo mark on the left chest or left sleeve. As a Driver you are required to wear your uniform when away from the terminal so no issues there... If you show up with a little logo from the manufacturer to do work the dock or something similar nothing should be said... Now if you show up with a big "swoosh" or some other logo or writing on the shirt you will likely get into trouble...

Look at it this way, if the logo is the major feature on the shirt (I.E big picture or phrase) then you are likely in violation of the policy... If your shirt has an "incidental" logo, I.E. a manufacturer's mark then you are likely not violating the policy.

MG

Any logo big or small that is not part of the Con-way uniform must not be worn.
If you work the dock and your t-shirt or cold weather gear has a logo on it, it must either be inverted or covered with tape.
Strange as this must seem, the only exception being Carhartts.
The no logo rule is partly to discourage any one from wearing pro- union attire or anything with swear words on it.
It's all or none!......than again isn't Carhartt a "U" company?

Did his shirt also have a Con-way Logo on it? I didn't see the video...

Some of the garments available with conway logos have the manufacturer's logo as well... also related to the business casual dress code: Do you know how hard it is to find a polo shirt without any marking on the front? Most have at least a logo mark on the left chest or left sleeve. As a Driver you are required to wear your uniform when away from the terminal so no issues there... If you show up with a little logo from the manufacturer to do work the dock or something similar nothing should be said... Now if you show up with a big "swoosh" or some other logo or writing on the shirt you will likely get into trouble...

Look at it this way, if the logo is the major feature on the shirt (I.E big picture or phrase) then you are likely in violation of the policy... If your shirt has an "incidental" logo, I.E. a manufacturer's mark then you are likely not violating the policy.

MG
Man! just think of all the Carhart logo's we see every winter. That would suck trying to remove them:chairshot:

The no logo rule is partly to discourage any one from wearing pro- union attire or anything with swear words on it.
It's all or none!......than again isn't Carhartt a "U" company?

I forgot to add. It also discourages anyone from wearing inappropriate attire relating to Race, Religion, Sexual Orientation as well as the Swear words and Union views. Which inturn can be construed as borderline harrassment.

Can anyone find out why Carhartts are the only logo allowed to be visible? They are so flat out against the "U" that they subliminally allow a "U" made logo.

Another double standard? I bet they didn't even think about this one! :biglaugh: :hysterical:
Carhartt in the United States ...2nd paragraph.

Man! just think of all the Carhart logo's we see every winter. That would suck trying to remove them:chairshot:

If anything they would just make you cover it up with tape.

Put a "G" sticker on it or "Dangerous When Wet" placard on it.

Where'd they find them?

short 15 minute video starting with john telling us about this is our company and if we all try our best it will be the best company...

....then little clips sliding trhough of drivers from various terminals saying how much they care about their jobs and how hard they try all the time and give 200%....
... :butt kiss: ?

Are they paid actors? was there a small disclaimer at the bottom of the screen or end of the video saying that these were compensated actors and not actual DSR's??

Are they paid actors? was there a small disclaimer at the bottom of the screen or end of the video saying that these were compensated actors and not actual DSR's??

My guess is that the drivers in the video are those that competed in the truck driving championships. I believe they all had to go through an interview process (hence the neck tie).