Estes | Kinda hard to keep going

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
the ONLY I MEAN ONLY thing that has kept me from throwing my laptop out the window at this hotel is the long layovers you guys deal with everyday. the being at a bunk house for 24 hours I would not do:ranting2: i would quit ! but you guys are my strength and i will hang in there.
I'm in Salt Lake :ranting2: been off break since 9 am cst and here it is 830 pm cst and you guessed it STILL HERE :ranting2: how is this possible ? 24 hours and can't come up with one freaking PUP :ranting2:
how many contractors have come and gone ?? just asking I don't know and i may not want to ........ ya all be safe..... I feel better [kinda] TBB

but at least I'm making some sort of delay pay .............. o thats right, i forgot

Wow, I thought I was the only one getting pissed about taking the big yellow tool up the rear. I'm with you BB things are getting lame around here.

What is "the big yellow tool"?

Seriously? After you dig a few 24 hr layovers while you watch choice freight going out on Covenant or other contractors you will know what I mean. FWIW my record is 27hrs I'm sure some others have had worse.

I think that's what i ended up with 26 or better. it sucks who do ya blame ? its not the terminal its not central everyone is just doing what they are told. o well I know this bed at this 5 star hotel in Denver fells like the best bed i have ever laid in. i think i may have slept 3 hours total the past 24. anyway hope things pick up

I see a bunch of your all's trailers being pulled by Covenant, whats the deal?

I bet one of our accountants got a new big screen calculator and showed Rob how much cheaper it is to send those minimum wage, amigo filled outside haulers instead of us. :ranting2: Think about it driver pay, fuel (these m11's get the worst fuel milage i've seen) empty miles, motel stay, accidents, tires, maintenance, central doesn't have to worry about them after they make it to point B. Lots of good reasons to use those guys.

Geezus Beerboy..
Sad to see a company man getting this frustrated.. First, if you weren't a married man, having a 'lil chippy in each neighborhood would take a bit of the bitterness out of that layover bite!
But, secondly, why don't you take a peddle gig out of your home term, and go home every night? Every layover is in your own recliner with your kids and wife climbing on you...
Keep your chin up kid! Legshot

We all have our moments ls. I thinks guys have a chemical imbalance certain times of the month also.

Yea it's hard not to get down when ya get caught in one of those long lay-overs.
The week before I went on vacation I had two 18's at 041 back to back and I thought I'd go nuts watching the purchase guys coming and going.
I just got back from vaca this week though and I got my miles between every break and ran on my rest everytime which was amazing considering were I broke at. 041, 024 and 001. (only 3 cause the short week) All break bulks with bunkrooms.
Like Leg said BB keep your chin up man, it'll get better. It always has in the past.

P.S. This was my first visit to the 024 bunkroom since I've been back E/B and it's still the best one in the system to me.
Thank you 024 for keeping it in great shape!...:thumbsup:

Love the new avatar BB.. Glenn Beck is the best! Hope he saves us before they shut all the conservative talk show hosts down.. :Off-Topic:

Find a peddle driver and compare paychecks during a bad week on the road... You are never gonna have enough money, so take the time with family... It's worth much more

Love the new avatar BB.. Glenn Beck is the best! Hope he saves us before they shut all the conservative talk show hosts down.. :Off-Topic:

Find a peddle driver and compare paychecks during a bad week on the road... You are never gonna have enough money, so take the time with family... It's worth much more

Not to mention time away in the bunkrooms or motel. You may not be working but your still at work living by the rules of your employer.

thats a good call there mildew,4 days on road still pays more than 5 days on p/d and not near the amount of work