ABF | Lay off

While I agree that many of the Amazon deliveries are a pain in the neck, back, and even lower extremities, they have probably kept at least two people employed at our shop during the usual slow times. Here locally we do lots of residential and Upack deliveries and would miss that volume in December. That being said, I know our dispatcher will not miss the appointment messes Amazon creates for our lone liftgate.

Losing Amazon could be a blessing in disguise... Now the salesmen and women can all get after the good pallet freight and guarantee excellent service times because there won't be a :shit:ter to be delivered at noon out in the sticks of bum **** Egypt. Damn, did I just type that? On the flip side of this potential Amazon loss, I could be in lay off longer than I want... FML...

Losing Amazon could be a blessing in disguise... Now the salesmen and women can all get after the good pallet freight and guarantee excellent service times because there won't be a :shit:ter to be delivered at noon out in the sticks of bum :censored: Egypt. Damn, did I just type that? On the flip side of this potential Amazon loss, I could be in lay off longer than I want... FML...
Don't forget That when you call the customer to deliver the crapper out into the sticks- the customer will tell you that tractor trailers come out here all the time - you won't have any trouble !!! LOL!!!

Don't forget That when you call the customer to deliver the crapper out into the sticks- the customer will tell you that tractor trailers come out here all the time - you won't have any trouble !!! LOL!!!

Isn't that the truth????

And it's not out fault or responsibility that the phone and cable lines are under 13' 6" either. Call your provider and tell them it's out.

Woo-Hoo!,....And here I thought it was just our terminal that delivered crap to hillbillies in God-forsaken corners on dirt roads.......Thanks, guys, for describing very accurately just what we're all going through......."Nine-Man TurnKeys" was pretty good....right on the money.....We did a treadmill one day,.....newly polished floor,...woman wanted us to remove our shoes.....Yeah, Right......All the time we were assembling her treadmill , she was yakking loudly on the phone about her "million-dollar" real estate listings,.....When we were done, she imperiously told us she wouldn't sign the bill until we turned it on and demonstrated it to her that it worked properly,.......Plugged it in, hit the switch,.......and promptly blew out all the power on the right side of the house..........

Let Estes deliver it all.While their ripping down cable wires and tree trimming 800 at night on straight time,we will be hauling all the good freight.From what I heard Amazon wanted us to have all That freight but we told them no.Smart move imo.Their going to sit back and watch Estes bury themselves.

While I agree that many of the Amazon deliveries are a pain in the neck, back, and even lower extremities, they have probably kept at least two people employed at our shop during the usual slow times. Here locally we do lots of residential and Upack deliveries and would miss that volume in December. That being said, I know our dispatcher will not miss the appointment messes Amazon creates for our lone liftgate.
Agree, Grover. We're 'blessed' with only one liftgate as well.

Agree, Grover. We're 'blessed' with only one liftgate as well.
Us ,too. Just one liftgate and the little Norris beavertail for cubes. In fact, I'm off on another Relo-cube adventure this morning where I've got to pick up a pneumatic tire towmotor and go way out in the mountains where , apparently, they've never heard of asphalt. Special Calamities Division....... That's me....

Us ,too. Just one liftgate and the little Norris beavertail for cubes. In fact, I'm off on another Relo-cube adventure this morning where I've got to pick up a pneumatic tire towmotor and go way out in the mountains where , apparently, they've never heard of asphalt. Special Calamities Division....... That's me....
Just wait till you get yourself a shiny new 45' drop deck with the axles fixed firmly in place at the rear. That'll pull nicely around Steel City.

Good luck out there! Did you pack a lunch, dinner and a midnight snack?

Woo-Hoo!,....And here I thought it was just our terminal that delivered crap to hillbillies in God-forsaken corners on dirt roads.......Thanks, guys, for describing very accurately just what we're all going through......."Nine-Man TurnKeys" was pretty good....right on the money.....We did a treadmill one day,.....newly polished floor,...woman wanted us to remove our shoes.....Yeah, Right......All the time we were assembling her treadmill , she was yakking loudly on the phone about her "million-dollar" real estate listings,.....When we were done, she imperiously told us she wouldn't sign the bill until we turned it on and demonstrated it to her that it worked properly,.......Plugged it in, hit the switch,.......and promptly blew out all the power on the right side of the house..........
Oh no, rest assured canary...I'm sure a good percentage of us harbor great disdain for those types of deliveries. How on God's green earth did we get into those types of deliveries anyway?

And now,........When I got back from my Relo-Cube adventure, (...Lunch, and only one coffee break...)....here's this Brand-New 40', 102" wide,12' 6" tall, single-axle lift-gate sitting against the dock with the shiny new corporate logo and all,....right next to our old pup-converted-to-a-liftgate, looking sad and tattered.....And I thought we lost all the Amazon stuff,.....Good Grief! It looks like they actually asked some truck drivers about specs and requirements........Of course I took it out for a spin in an inaugural kind of a way,........Liftgate jumps up and down like frogs in a dynamite pond.....Just what the heck are we going to do with this truly wondrous piece of equipment? Maybe we are going to do more Nine Man Turnkeys,......Got enough room for a rolling tool chest,....refrigerator dollies,.......sledgehammers and car jacks,.......all the stuff you need to finesse a seven foot tall crate through a six foot tall door,.........and still actually have room for the freight! Wonders never cease around here! Next thing you know, they'll be sending in tractors with LESS than 600,000 miles on them,....Ones that still have an intact headliner, and most of the pieces of the dashboard.....

And now,........When I got back from my Relo-Cube adventure, (...Lunch, and only one coffee break...)....here's this Brand-New 40', 102" wide,12' 6" tall, single-axle lift-gate sitting against the dock with the shiny new corporate logo and all,....right next to our old pup-converted-to-a-liftgate, looking sad and tattered.....And I thought we lost all the Amazon stuff,.....Good Grief! It looks like they actually asked some truck drivers about specs and requirements........Of course I took it out for a spin in an inaugural kind of a way,........Liftgate jumps up and down like frogs in a dynamite pond.....Just what the heck are we going to do with this truly wondrous piece of equipment? Maybe we are going to do more Nine Man Turnkeys,......Got enough room for a rolling tool chest,....refrigerator dollies,.......sledgehammers and car jacks,.......all the stuff you need to finesse a seven foot tall crate through a six foot tall door,.........and still actually have room for the freight! Wonders never cease around here! Next thing you know, they'll be sending in tractors with LESS than 600,000 miles on them,....Ones that still have an intact headliner, and most of the pieces of the dashboard.....
Maybe that liftgate trailer was ordered before the Amazon crash & burn. But maybe 'Superman' will swoop in and save the account by saying: "Look! We have this brand new piece of equipment to deliver all the treadmills, BBQ's, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, couches, chairs, tables, beds, ping-pong tables, lawn chairs..."

Maybe that liftgate trailer was ordered before the Amazon crash & burn. But maybe 'Superman' will swoop in and save the account by saying: "Look! We have this brand new piece of equipment to deliver all the treadmills, BBQ's, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, couches, chairs, tables, beds, ping-pong tables, lawn chairs..."

You forgot the :shit:ters... And the 2200lb skids of hardwood flooring...