ODFL | Lay-Offs;

Trucker Hog

TB Lurker
Credits
:annoyed:Just found out today that OD is going to start laying off between 1,500 to 2,000 employee's, terminal wide. Donot know if it is Line-haul, teams, city, dock or office?:shock:Still trying to find out more.

:annoyed:Just found out today that OD is going to start laying off between 1,500 to 2,000 employee's, terminal wide. Donot know if it is Line-haul, teams, city, dock or office?:shock:Still trying to find out more.

Can you say where you heard it ? At some terminals they've been cutting 2 or 3 here and there then again some terminals are taking apps and starting driver's school.Who knows anymore......day at a time about everywhere.

Lay-Offs

Can you say where you heard it ? At some terminals they've been cutting 2 or 3 here and there then again some terminals are taking apps and starting driver's school.Who knows anymore......day at a time about everywhere.
Just found out on lay-offs, Atlanta is laying off line-haul drivers, some of them got lay-off today, donot know how many, some them had over a year with OD. ATL has over 230 line-haul drivers and about 100 city drivers. Donot know how many will get lay-off. Also heard Greenville lay-off some too. Thats all I know so far.

IT MAY BE TRUE...I was shocked to find out 1 of our wild drivers[lowest seniority]was let go today,a P/D driver was just hired recently,but we were short there.

:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2kind of dout that,
they my be looking to put on that many this year to come......:popcorn:

I wouldn't have believed it either, but I have witnessed it. I have never known OD to lay off in the past, but these are extraordinary times. Indy laid off 7 dock workers Tuesday. They were trying to distribute hours evenly so everyone could work equal hours but it's been so slow that, unfortunately more drastic measures were necessary. I'm afraid it will get worse before it gets better, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

I'm getting confirmed body counts now.Some are laid off and others are getting choice of dock work or no work.Looks like they're going by job classification seniority.Of course they want this kept quiet.They should know by now how quiet it will be kept after the W.V. loverboy deal and the on going ACLU adventure.

Just found out on lay-offs, Atlanta is laying off line-haul drivers, some of them got lay-off today, donot know how many, some them had over a year with OD. ATL has over 230 line-haul drivers and about 100 city drivers. Donot know how many will get lay-off. Also heard Greenville lay-off some too. Thats all I know so far.
just is just hard to belive here in mrt we have 430 linehaul drivers i don't know how many city and they are planning a driving school next month hiring from off the street i do know atl has been running teams empty to mrt to get freight though i wonder if it is a regional thing or national

somthings gonna bust here before long.....
they wouldent be putting anybody on anywere
unless something was about to break loose?.......

somthings gonna bust here before long.....
they wouldent be putting anybody on anywere
unless something was about to break loose?.......

They're rolling the dice big time.If they lose there will be a lot of shiny tractors getting dusty.

ODFL Layoffs

I heard they are laying off 10% of their driver fleet company wide. 50% City/ 50% Linehaul. It is already happening.:Flame-On:

A lot of teams were sent home to clean out their trucks. EX. MRT and ATL.
the only team out of mrt that ive herd of being let go was one that refused a dispatch that told atl they did not want to go to gbo they only wanted to go west from what i hear so atl sent them back to mrt where they were meet in the fuel island by a higher up and let go

the uppers have been shinning their shoes for quite a while now, paying dividends, buying termimals, hiding the bad news???, putting people off the streets to gain cdls, on the expense of the hard workers that built this co. its a matter of time till the truth slaps you in the face..... then all you can do is pick yourself up and smile, denial is not a river in Egypt my friends / coworkers, what can we as a whole do about it????? i dont know but if you have any ideas i would love to hear them as well as anybody else does . thank you for your time!

the uppers have been shinning their shoes for quite a while now, paying dividends, buying termimals, hiding the bad news???, putting people off the streets to gain cdls, on the expense of the hard workers that built this co. its a matter of time till the truth slaps you in the face..... then all you can do is pick yourself up and smile, denial is not a river in Egypt my friends / coworkers, what can we as a whole do about it????? i dont know but if you have any ideas i would love to hear them as well as anybody else does . thank you for your time!

If your intent is starting a union discussion take it to the union/non union forum.This is a non union forum.Read the forum rules.Any questions p/m me.

More lay-offs

:17:Just found out more lay-offs in Atlanta, 8 mechanis, some of the office woman, donot know how many dock workers got lay-off but put city drivers on docks working, so to keep some of them from lay-off.

MMMore Lay-Off's Today;

:17:Just found out more lay-offs in Atlanta, 8 mechanis, some of the office woman, donot know how many dock workers got lay-off but put city drivers on docks working, so to keep some of them from lay-off.
:hide: Just got a call from one of the bid drivers in Atlanta, OD just lay-off 26 line-haul drivers today.:eek:He said, line-haul manager said more to come.:ohmy: Also, Charlotte Term. lay-off about 10 line-haul drivers.