XPO | Layoffs?????

Business levels will predict what happens in the immediate and near future...period...I don't think there is any "major layoff" planned at the moment...I think our canoe is on the river with everybody else, and the currents will decide what direction we have to head in..

I heard a # of 50 thrown out there today at the xkc terminal...although I can't imagine the size of the xkc terminal could handle 50 more cuts...

Business levels will predict what happens in the immediate and near future...period...I don't think there is any "major layoff" planned at the moment...I think our canoe is on the river with everybody else, and the currents will decide what direction we have to head in..
If anybody has any questions about lay-offs, I think this statement pretty much sums it up.

uugg me agree with you b.b. you no seem to speak with forked tounge. now about that manhatten property my great grand parents had.....

Based on the recently increased number of sub-service loads and the fact that they are loading them in both directions, biz levels may not be such a weighty factor.

You have to have people to keep operating this company, even with depressed tonnage levels we are seeing. I suspect no more large layoffs like Dec 5, but do expect all of our pay, 401K match, and benefits are on the table for possible revision / reduction...

Would that be possibly be similar as to how one
" drives a semi , doubles , triples , ect. " ?

Just4Thought

Hmmm.....I have driven a semi, and doubles, and triples......but, I am not sure I have ever even seen a road that had a steering wheel, or pedals. Maybe he means "to drive", as in a cattle drive? No, that isn't going to work either, most roads don't have legs either...........although, a road I was on this morning, had the legs from a dead coyote on the shoulder.......

Oh.....maybe he meant "drive DOWN a road"........I have driven down roads, do that all the time. You suppose that's what he meant? He didn't mean to say, "drive a road", that's just silly.....he meant drive down a road, or, maybe "drive up a road",,,,,,,,I'm confusing myself (normally a very difficult thing to do).......