ODFL | Leave the phone alone

I don’t know how true it is, but I heard the 1st guy to get fired was checking trailer info on the e.s.s. in a terminal lot rolling less than 5 mph.

We had our first driver get fired at my terminal. The camera caught his phone in his hand from the windshield reflection.

This is going to cause a big shortage of drivers here. Theyll nit pick us to death by being a big brother. No one will wanna work here with this kind of over the shoulder watching crap. I hope this blows up in their damn faces!!
I've had my new tractor and camera since April and it's stressing me out. I'm more irritated and edgy in traffic. The coaches told our drivers after the first year with the cameras OD is going to start disciplining the drivers.

I do follow the rules and that's why I haven't had a triggered event up to this point. I also have over 3 million safe miles. The problem is this company doesn't tell you what the rules are. They make them up as they go along. I've been in this industry along time and there's a reason no one wants to do this for a living anymore. The micromanaging is ridiculous.

Follow the rules and you won't be fired...
I know we all have done it at one time or another, but worry more about getting there safely, instead of worrying about your $200 headset being on your head 14 hours a day. Don’t blame the company. What does state law read in your state about a CDL driver holding a phone while driving?

I followed a salesman out of our lot on my way home from work and he had one of our trucks in front of him. You couldn't have fit a piece of paper between his bumper and the rear of our trailer. I completely understand why a company wants cameras but why wouldn't they want them in all company vehicles? The company cars would be just as liable in an accident.

I followed a salesman out of our lot on my way home from work and he had one of our trucks in front of him. You couldn't have fit a piece of paper between his bumper and the rear of our trailer. I completely understand why a company wants cameras but why wouldn't they want them in all company vehicles? The company cars would be just as liable in an accident.
He probably was on his phone,not paying attention.

I've had my new tractor and camera since April and it's stressing me out. I'm more irritated and edgy in traffic. The coaches told our drivers after the first year with the cameras OD is going to start disciplining the drivers.
Thats bs! It wont be long after this starts tht i will be looking for somewhere to go. I use my gps for streets and stuff being a cuty driver. I zoom in on it so i can see how to get set up as im getting close. I dont pick it up though. I sit it sideways on the little part of the cascadia cupholder. Also the way they push us to the limits yet they want us to be “safe” yet threaten to take us off our route claiming “are you saying you cant do the job” kind of bs. This is going to do nothing but get drivers fired and therefor put more stress with fewer city guys. I swear i hope this is an absolute failure!! You cant find people to even come to work as it is anymore…now add this in the equation…

Thats bs! It wont be long after this starts tht i will be looking for somewhere to go. I use my gps for streets and stuff being a cuty driver. I zoom in on it so i can see how to get set up as im getting close. I dont pick it up though. I sit it sideways on the little part of the cascadia cupholder. Also the way they push us to the limits yet they want us to be “safe” yet threaten to take us off our route claiming “are you saying you cant do the job” kind of bs. This is going to do nothing but get drivers fired and therefor put more stress with fewer city guys. I swear i hope this is an absolute failure!! You cant find people to even come to work as it is anymore…now add this in the equation…
we got shortage of city drivers at our yard. wild line haul drivers have been working city anywhere from two days to two weeks at the time. some of them were asked to run others were just put in. most of them have never run city and literally have no idea what they are doing

It's going to be a nightmare for the drivers. I already left the company and the cameras were a large factor in my decision to leave. To many other companies out there begging you to come drive for them without big brother involved. I went out and bought my own truck... I am sick of the last 15 years of micro management.