Yellow | Lexington, Ky Yrc Freight & Holland Consolidation Coo 2020

The LTL operator will now be free to concentrate on its long-term plan to reorganize and consolidate its separate subsidiaries into one network with five distinct brands: YRC Freight and regional trucking companies Holland, Reddaway, and New Penn, and non-asset subsidiary HNRY Logistics. Those plans have been on hold since March, but are now under way, Hawkins said.

https://www.joc.com/trucking-logist...-yrc-worldwide-calms-ltl-market_20200702.html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rpGl17wgYwNh5SuWky8P4zMLlw1rHBQL/view

htKte2a.jpg

Let the Changes of Operation roll out quickly now that we got the $$$$ to do them!
:hissyfit:

Is this the price of surviving???

this is the best I can do I'm on the road and don't have my computer with me you should be able to get the whole PDF at this link https://gofile.io/d/FuwAW8
It may say in the paper work you posted, but it was kind of hard to see, are they eliminating the YRC brand or willthey still designate freight as Holland freight and YRC freight? Will a P&D driver carry 2 books of pros? Will the freight be separated when it gets back to the terminal or will line haul be consolidated in some cases and seperated in other cases , depending on where it is routed?

It may say in the paper work you posted, but it was kind of hard to see, are they eliminating the YRC brand or willthey still designate freight as Holland freight and YRC freight? Will a P&D driver carry 2 books of pros? Will the freight be separated when it gets back to the terminal or will line haul be consolidated in some cases and seperated in other cases , depending on where it is routed?
Stop and think about operating efficiencies.
Currently 4 carriers operating, YRC and Holland have overlapping territory, YRC and NP have overlapping territory, YRC and Reddaway have overlapping territory,Holland and NP have overlapping territory.
This is strictly my opinion, is it possible they will eliminate most overlapping territory and have NP for east,Holland for Midwest, YRC for southeast and west and Reddaway for west coast?
In certain areas capacity is maxed out for a PD driver while others are very light, consolidation may help by balancing out heavy area and lighter areas. There is a considerable amount of unnecessary waste, both labor and financial capital left on the table every day that could be used to advance company in the right direction.
Time will tell, there will be some disruption to normal routine when barns are merged.

Toss a stone in a pond it will create a ripple, as time passes the waters will return to calm.
Just my 2 cents.

Currently 4 carriers operating, YRC and Holland have overlapping territory, YRC and NP have overlapping territory, YRC and Reddaway have overlapping territory,Holland and NP have overlapping territory.
This is strictly my opinion, is it possible they will eliminate most overlapping territory and have NP for east,Holland for Midwest, YRC for southeast and west and Reddaway for west coast?
In certain areas capacity is maxed out for a PD driver while others are very light, consolidation may help by balancing out heavy area and lighter areas. There is a considerable amount of unnecessary waste, both labor and financial capital left on the table every day that could be used to advance company in the right direction.
Time will tell, there will be some disruption to normal routine when barns are merged.

Toss a stone in a pond it will create a ripple, as time passes the waters will return to calm.
Just my 2 cents.

You are correct however the problem is as YFS as demonstrated several times over the last 30 years you can not run a regional the way you run a long haul carrier. You need large pedal areas to draw freight from to reduce handling, drops and deliver next day or second day freight on time. In the northeast from Conn to VA maybe NC that means some very large barns and dealing with traffic in major metro areas can eat up a lot of time on a pedal run. Currently I don't see any terminals of the size we would need in our possession, nor the management to run them.

You are correct however the problem is as YFS as demonstrated several times over the last 30 years you can not run a regional the way you run a long haul carrier. You need large pedal areas to draw freight from to reduce handling, drops and deliver next day or second day freight on time. In the northeast from Conn to VA maybe NC that means some very large barns and dealing with traffic in major metro areas can eat up a lot of time on a pedal run. Currently I don't see any terminals of the size we would need in our possession, nor the management to run them.
Maybe they are learning a few things from NP and HOLLAND on how to move freight.
I have heard way too many times you can’t mix regional and long haul, how does Fedex, Old D, XPO do it?
Remember what I said “ Labor and financial resources left on table”

Maybe they are learning a few things from NP and HOLLAND on how to move freight.
I have heard way too many times you can’t mix regional and long haul, how does Fedex, Old D, XPO do it?
Remember what I said “ Labor and financial resources left on table”
The competition you mentioned do not move their freight like yrc does in the ancient, hub and spoke method. They also have gate times, and dock people that move more than 2-3 bills per hour.

Just my 2 cents.
So, we really don't know what the plan is exactly, do we? So if we don't know what the operational plan is, when or will the customers ever really understand what company is picking up their freight? The last merger was a disaster because of poor planning. Even though they seem to be going at a slower pace, does anyone really expect a better outcome? Just asking.

The competition you mentioned do not move their freight like yrc does in the ancient, hub and spoke method. They also have gate times, and dock people that move more than 2-3 bills per hour.
Agree our old outdated system is broke and no gate times , keeping drivers out late making p/u and yes 2-3 bills a hour with a smoke break every 20 mins too ,doesn't help neither :confusion:

From what I understand they are only consolidating smaller metro and rural areas to build density on both linehaul and p&d operations. Large metros that have density won’t be affected.

Last edited:
anybody have a a copy of the eastern region change of operation proposal... charlotte +3 road drivers...-1 cartage drive that they could post .What work is charlotte picking up?

Last edited:
anybody have a a copy of the eastern region change of operation proposal... charlotte +3 road drivers...-1 cartage drive that they could post .What work is charlotte picking up?
Is this supposed to be a small change for Charlotte, or a change that involves the whole region?