TForce | Lexington terminal downsizing in March

It is off of US22 and 25th street. I read an article from 2019 that said they are going to turn the building into apartments and refurbish the Dixie cup. If you look at Google maps satellite view you can see the cup. It is near Harbor Freight tools.
Another sad example of the de-industrialization of this country and the subsequent loss of good factory/industrial jobs. Former factories converted into condos or warehouses everywhere.

Then again, do we sometimes contribute to that ourselves?

Last edited:
Well be ready for Estes to take more business away in your area!

What a joke!

4 yrs in and still can’t work everyday. Working multiple jobs in hopes for a bid someday but idk anymore about this place

TFI has accounting gimmicks they use to force the company to run more efficiently. UPS charged a terminal up to 100k for an accident against its operating cost.
TFI charges the company for every trailer and door they use or don't use.
The downsizing is to get these costs off the books.

I think it was 11 we ran before I 81 was finished.
I don't remember much about 22, never ran it but a few times.
I do remember the Dixie Cup.
We used to run the stretch of 11 from Carlisle Pa over to Harrisburg before they finished 81. Hall's, Strickland. and Schaeffer had terminals on that stretch of road, probably others I don't remember. Couple little mom and pop truck stops.

By the end of March
Anyone have an idea where this is going? My terminal is in the process of tearing down the shop to sell part of the property!

We went from 40 city drivers to 15! We are a very busy terminal..we have 3 road Drivers working the dock before they leave…also TFI bought the company and never addressed the employees.. at least we didn’t see if they did..

Anyone have an idea where this is going? My terminal is in the process of tearing down the shop to sell part of the property!

We went from 40 city drivers to 15! We are a very busy terminal..we have 3 road Drivers working the dock before they leave…also TFI bought the company and never addressed the employees.. at least we didn’t see if they did..
Where?

Be glad they are actually doing things to make the place more profitable. If you care about the long term viability of this company and your job.
We can all say it sucks that so many were laid off, but not one person still working is going to trade places with anyone laid off. So the sentiment is just observation and means nothing.

Be glad they are actually doing things to make the place more profitable. If you care about the long term viability of this company and your job.
We can all say it sucks that so many were laid off, but not one person still working is going to trade places with anyone laid off. So the sentiment is just observation and means nothing.
More profitable? Like picking freight up on Friday and not moving it until Sunday! Or letting a trailer sit because it only weighs 12 thousand and not the magic 14 thousand they want..or maybe the 30 thousand pounds of freight we don’t pick up most days because we don’t have the people..