ODFL | Linehaul

newblue87

TB Lurker
Credits
What's the average first year salary of a linehul driver at a big term. How many miles per week average? Was told this was a layover position out 5 days. Do you sit more than your 10 hours off?

Give location for better idea. Each has there own needs for wild/extra driver. Ran wild nationally 5 years. Know locations that are out and back, triangles, daily, or variation. More flexable driver, the more opportunity. Paid mileage, plus extras. the last year I ran wild made 100K, (2 pay raises ago) yet I ran wherever and stayed out up to 8 weeks. Off time varied to my needs at home. (Up to a week off). Don't know starting wage now. I now run 5 day schedule. (Home daily) 518 mileage, + drops/hooks/fuel, Minimum is 85K. Did 96k last year. 70K to 100+ at our term. Depends on run.

=

newblue87 and I spoke privately. Talked in length and answered his questions. He is a seasoned hand, and understands/realizes what it will take to run extra/wild. Believe he will be a good addition by his attitude.

Thanks ruffian 72 had my interview Took road test and drug test excited
To get started. Just waiting on corporate to approve was told it takes about 4 days to complete

Was going to call tonight, just getting curious how went. Like I said, if it takes a little longer don't get to nervous, just check in. Best of luck.
Thanks ruffian 72 had my interview Took road test and drug test excited
To get started. Just waiting on corporate to approve was told it takes about 4 days to complete

Hope they have the good stuff to test. lol. Some test takers have no humor when asked what is being tried. Been doing these for 31 years, starting in military, so gotta have a little humor.
i have a friend that is going for drug test and physical Monday in Greensboro

well all i can say is make sure everything on your app. is right. i have seen drivers get let go because they didnt put something on there app and tried and hide it. we had a p&d guy that was working for 2 weeks didnt put something on his app. was a very short job for him.