XPO | Little Stuff...

Soooooo , with the new official 5 minute grace period for those working hourly , we were told linehaul can use two 15 minute breaks in addition to their 30 minute break , but NO 15 minute breaks for city/P&D.

What is the reason for this policy that you were told?

Soooooo , with the new official 5 minute grace period for those working hourly , we were told linehaul can use two 15 minute breaks in addition to their 30 minute break , but NO 15 minute breaks for city/P&D.

What is the reason for this policy that you were told?
Always been that way. Lh gets 2 15 and a 30 taken separately.

Always been that way. Lh gets 2 15 and a 30 taken separately.
I've never bothered to look it up. I've been told by management ( since my CCX days ) that

a.) All drivers are the same ( linehaul or city P&D ) and at any point you may be asked to do either of these or anything else management may think of.

b.) There's one set of rules since there's one board with all of the drivers. The rules apply equally to everyone. ( I've never been in trouble for the breaks I take but I've always been under the impression that 2 15's and a 30 applied to P&D and I took the two 15's always )

Before I look anything up , why would federal regulations in two separate countries distinguish between the type of driving a professional driver does to determine how long and how many breaks a driver can take?

I REALLY don't see Canada being anti - break for local drivers.

Anyhow , I'm sure many of you have more experience with the correct information about breaks and lunch. Thank you for all info that's helpful.

I've never bothered to look it up. I've been told by management ( since my CCX days ) that

a.) All drivers are the same ( linehaul or city P&D ) and at any point you may be asked to do either of these or anything else management may think of.

b.) There's one set of rules since there's one board with all of the drivers. The rules apply equally to everyone. ( I've never been in trouble for the breaks I take but I've always been under the impression that 2 15's and a 30 applied to P&D and I took the two 15's always )

Before I look anything up , why would federal regulations in two separate countries distinguish between the type of driving a professional driver does to determine how long and how many breaks a driver can take?

Anyhow , I'm sure many of you have more experience with the correct information about breaks and lunch. Thank you for all info that's helpful.
Chit we got guys here that claim they never take any breaks. They got it figured out how to take their break while they continue too work.

City drivers up here only get a 30 min break.

When I worked for Con-Way I always took two 15 minute breaks and a lunch....
At FDXF we had a guy that NEVER worked overtime he took 2 / 15 min that were more like 2 / 30's and a 30 lunch at his Mom's everyday for a 60 . Then he had the 20 min start of the day (talk stupid time) and always came in and went straight down to the drivers restroom to poop for 30 which was his overtime 1.5 hours a week , this was a no fail and the TM just let him skate because he was such a a-hole we were better without s-bag Joe .

At FDXF we had a guy that NEVER worked overtime he took 2 / 15 min that were more like 2 / 30's and a 30 lunch at his Mom's everyday for a 60 . Then he had the 20 min start of the day (talk stupid time) and always came in and went straight down to the drivers restroom to poop for 30 which was his overtime 1.5 hours a week , this was a no fail and the TM just let him skate because he was such a a-hole we were better without s-bag Joe .
My T.M. does the same everyday

A product of Yellow...Syracuse to Reading to Scranton. I don't think there are any original New Penn Managers on board anymore
He takes 10 minutes to tell you anything on the phone.
You have to ask if he is still there.

Drives ya nuts.
He came from Volpe.
You guys must have alot of patience.
When they don't get along well with others, they send them to you. We haven't always been very easy to get along with.
Old New Penn is all that lasts here.
I'm not really old New Penn. But our management is. Except for a couple.
Then if that don't work they send them to the Bufalino's right?
Maybe he wanted to go there I don't know.

He takes 10 minutes to tell you anything on the phone.
You have to ask if he is still there.

Drives ya nuts.
He came from Volpe.
You guys must have alot of patience.
When they don't get along well with others, they send them to you. We haven't always been very easy to get along with.
Old New Penn is all that lasts here.
I'm not really old New Penn. But our management is. Except for a couple.
Then if that don't work they send them to the Bufalino's right?
Maybe he wanted to go there I don't know.
Shuffling of to Buffalo would be nice