ABF | Locked Trailers

They handled it by buying nothing but swing doors this time around.

I knew Tom well,was Carolina Driver. This was a daily drop,we went to pick it up in the early evening, the ****-HEAD who hit him never even stopped.Also this drop was in a Getto area on the west side.
GOD REST HIS SOUL.
Teamster Forever.

I knew Tom well,was Carolina Driver. This was a daily drop,we went to pick it up in the early evening, the ****-HEAD who hit him never even stopped.Also this drop was in a Getto area on the west side.
GOD REST HIS SOUL.
Teamster Forever.
That is and still is a real sh!t area off Cicero Ave and Le' Moyne I think that was Magic Glove . Wouldn't surprise me if the thugs in the neighbor hood didn't pick his pockets . Yeah that A$$ hole kept going I think he had a van some said . I was always extra careful with swing doors after that when in the street . That's not the only time doors got some one killed . I remember a Checker Express driver had rolls of heavy paper that came unblocked and when he open the door the roll came threw and he died . Yeah I remember a lot of Carolina drivers and they were a good bunch of guys I still see Forgty all the time . Most of those guys are retired by now . We're all getten old but our memories will live on .

I changed my old habits and lock/secure trailer & cab between stops especially intercity. Many of ABF's customers actually thanked us for protecting their shipments from pickup to delivery. I was only doing my job, and to be truthful, I needed the physical exercise at the waistline. Working for ABF, you're on the winning team.
I had once heard a second hand story of a driver who was ticketed for not having the trailer door padlocked while traveling on the road. It sounded like a bull story to me.
Locking up is tedious chore I will admit. Have to bend waaayyyyy down while against the customer's dock to reach that lock and there are times when it is lower than the dock is. Let me tell you it is tougher to make that reach all the time. Then once the roll up door has been hammered once or twice by a loose pallet jack or the door has been worked on and the holes don't line up like they should it gets even better. If that doesn't get your goat ABF's failure to understand the relationship between padlocks and graphite will enhance the experience a little. In spite of all that I still lock up. I will confess to leaving the cab open to intruders unless I am in a location where I feel insecure about it.