ODFL | long trailers 33' friend or foe ?

Trailer floor strength for one thing.If you installed a plug in the center you'd have to cut the center rails severely weakening the floor,plus the manufacturers liability and warranty would be voided,leaving OD holding the bag for damages resulting from anything involving the modified trailer.
Google "wabash 33 foot trailer retrofit"
I'm not smart enough to post a link.:duh:

But it sounds like the trailer manufacturers have already worked out a plan to stretch 28 footers.

I can see OD try to R&D a couple of pups that they added 5 ft to the end to see if it would work but , i doubt it

They'd put the plug on the end maybe,ten or so years ago they extended 48' foot trailers and extended them to 53' or even 57' in some locations,but I don't think many people were happy with the results..

They'd put the plug on the end maybe,ten or so years ago they extended 48' foot trailers and extended them to 53' or even 57' in some locations,but I don't think many people were happy with the results..
Dating my self that was more like 20 or 25 years ago they did those modifications, and the leaked like sieves.. 'Game I think they're pulling three anywhere they legally can.