FedEx Freight | Lunch policy

Everyone should be receiving handouts for lunch and break rules. It all depends on job classification and state law. Got ours today, nothing new.

If you are on the kronos clock for more than six hours, they will deduct 30 minutes for lunch, whether you are a road driver or a city driver. Road drivers working at a hub on the clock for less than six hours can take a lunch if they choose to, but do not have to!

Hope this helps

EVERYONE has to take a lunch. Period. Line drivers are no different than local or clerical. Take you stupid lunches and make the freight just that much later. We don't care. It's all overtime. Lunch is more important than service. As long as internal procedures are met, we will make absolutely TONS of money.

Speaking for the California Drivers, I'm not sure of the exact number, but its around 3.5 to 5 hours, your required by law to take a lunch. If you work over 12 hours then your required by law to take a second lunch. Once again I'm not sure of the time requirements, but its around 7 to 10 hours for the second lunch. This lunch or lunches has to be entered in the Kiosk at the end of your trip, and they have to coincide with your starting time. If you enter the wrong time you will be asked why you didn't take your lunch on time. This will probably get you a verbal or written warning. Your log has to coincide with the Kiosk Your making the big bucks now drivers so get it right and save yourself an extra headache. TP

Yes we got the handout today. How about a meeting HRO? Issue such a vague policy and then let us know that we can be reprimanded and or terminated for not following policy. Maybe it will just go away if we don't talk about it?

Nevada road drivers can sign a waiver to waive their lunch. Nevada does not require lunch breaks if the employee does not want one. Unfortunately local drivers do not get the same option anymore. New HOS rules may change all this, who knows.

Guardrail said:
Nope, that's the old rule. After 9-11 the FMCSA decided the risk of stopping every 100 miles didn't out weigh the reward. The rule is you check the tires any time you park the vehicle.

Here's the rule on attending a vehicle with explosives.

Fedex Freight doesn't have the authority to haul those 3 divisions.

Guardrail-Xoomin'

Facts are silly !

I don't know what to believe at this point, some drivers on this thread are saying one thing, while others are saying something completely different. I believe it may come down to me calling human resources to find out what the real deal is.

EVERYONE has to take a lunch. Period. Line drivers are no different than local or clerical.

wrong wrong wrong

@Zathalon..... Give HR a holler and report back to this thread if you don't mind. I bet you get the same answer we got from our regional HR guy.
Road drivers do not have to show a lunch. Kiosk road drivers just have to submit they were given the opportunity for a lunch and passed on it.

EVERYONE has to take a lunch. Period. Line drivers are no different than local or clerical. Take you stupid lunches and make the freight just that much later. We don't care. It's all overtime. Lunch is more important than service. As long as internal procedures are met, we will make absolutely TONS of money.

The new HOS proposal requires that drivers take breaks and lunch. If it settles out the way FMCSA wants it, there will be no choice in the matter.

ST

If we are going to be required to take a half an hr break, don't you think we ought to start being paid for overtime (anything after 8)? example:shuttle run is3hrs. one way 1/2hhr to hook, 15mins. to fuel, total 6hrs 45mins right? +3hrs on dock total 9hrs.&45mins we should get overtimefor 1hour total 5 hours week( lots moneyfree money)????

half your hourly rate x 5 days a week x 49 weeks plus not spending money for lunch.is how i would do it how do you do it hillbilly

How are you getting that?
Federal class action lawsuit filed in Ca for Ca linedrivers that was settled for a little over 5 million. Drivers are to be paid $24 a week for a maximum of 314.8 weeks plus 10% if you were a layover driver.
Taylor et al vs FedEx Freight, Inc

lucy11 said:
half your hourly rate x 5 days a week x 49 weeks plus not spending money for lunch.is how i would do it how do you do it hillbilly

I take my lunch almost every night. It really helps get rid of leftovers.

As near as I can tell this mainly affects drivers who are in the city or working on the dock a lot. Also in states where lunch breaks are required such as Wa and Ca. The way I read it, if you're are going to log a lunch, it needs to be between the 3rd and 6th hour. If you don't log a lunch then you'll indicate on the KIOSK that FedEx offered it to you but you chose not to use it.

Of course maybe we should have a meeting to explain it.