ABF | Management Layoffs?

ABF381

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
Credits
We already had a guy on layoff when the government started shutting down businesses. Then they cut our two UE runs. They are talking about our hours and possibly laying off another driver. Our office is still staffed exactly the same! We now have 8 drivers, with 4 people in the office! It's good news for my manager, since he now has more time to sleep in his chair, take long lunches, and play games on his phone. I guess you could say I'm frustrated by all this hypocrisy.

My former terminal is down to......4 guys......from 10, three years ago.......
And nothing to do with any virus........It’s been slow attrition with no replacing retirees.....

The UE is shut down completely,......and we used to be the Exchange dock......

So, we have a one-to-one ratio of management staff now......

And,.......yeah. The long lunches,.....fiddling on the computer,.....Customers still saying they’ve never seen the so-called “manager-salesman”......
For years........

Nice work, if you can get it, I guess......

And nothing to do with any virus........It’s been slow attrition with no replacing retirees.....

And,.......yeah. The long lunches,.....fiddling on the computer,.....Customers still saying they’ve never seen the so-called “manager-salesman”......
For years........

Canary, I experienced something similar to this back in 2010 at my old terminal. We went from 16 drivers & 5 in the office,
down to 5 drivers & nobody in the office. We were classified as a satellite & was managed from a terminal 50 miles south
of us. With the technology that the company has in place, they could run that terminal out of a closet at the Fort.

No mgmnt layoffs that ive seen, but know they arent happy about 15% cut in pay, working 60 hrs a week for dispatch. I remember our concession contract, they werer barely touched as well. did lose a bit of pay, but gained vacation and 401k perks.

For years........

With so few drivers or dock working covering that area may very possibly get absorbed by other termials.

No mgmnt layoffs that ive seen, but know they arent happy about 15% cut in pay, working 60 hrs a week for dispatch. I remember our concession contract, they werer barely touched as well. did lose a bit of pay, but gained vacation and 401k perks.
Our dispatchers work 8 & always did....

With so few drivers or dock working covering that area may very possibly get absorbed by other termials.

Yeah.......My former terminal covers 4 W. Penna counties, and about 5 good-sized towns.......So now it’s one guy to a county.....

Our dispatchers work 8 & always did....

And I’ll bet an hour for lunch.......Probably takes an hour to scarf down a medium pizza with olives, anchovies, and pepperoni, a liter of Diet Pepsi,....and a side of Buffalo Wings......

That would be the one in charge....lol

Man! A continued diet like that, coupled with his erratic fits of anger........ought to give him an ulcer the size of a Bermuda onion.....

I’ll bet he uses the tow motor ramp to waddle up onto the dock, instead of the steps......

Man! A continued diet like that, coupled with his erratic fits of anger........ought to give him an ulcer the size of a Bermuda onion.....

I’ll bet he uses the tow motor ramp to waddle up onto the dock, instead of the steps......
He’s actually pretty calm.... when seen

We’re almost at a 1:1 ratio now. Management is complaining about their pay cut. They have been spending even less time in the office as well.

I’ve always been of the opinion that we have way too many chiefs for the amount of Indians. Now it’s worse than its ever been

We’re almost at a 1:1 ratio now. Management is complaining about their pay cut. They have been spending even less time in the office as well.

I’ve always been of the opinion that we have way too many chiefs for the amount of Indians. Now it’s worse than its ever been

Big Chief Expense Account say: "Indians untrustworthy! Need Video of Innocent Face daily! Indians may steal 38 seconds of Work Time!.."
Big Chief must spend all his time.....watching Indians!

Yeah.......My former terminal covers 4 W. Penna counties, and about 5 good-sized towns.......So now it’s one guy to a county.....

And I’ll bet an hour for lunch.......Probably takes an hour to scarf down a medium pizza with olives, anchovies, and pepperoni, a liter of Diet Pepsi,....and a side of Buffalo Wings......
hey, how about adding to the 6PakAbs with a little washing down by Sterling and Falstaff) ..my late daddy's favorite brands..must have been cheap back in the day, and that is sure why I think he bought them..those brands will always have a special place in my heart!

hey, how about adding to the 6PakAbs with a little washing down by Sterling and Falstaff) ..my late daddy's favorite brands..must have been cheap back in the day, and that is sure why I think he bought them..those brands will always have a special place in my heart!

Nothing beats Cheap beer like.......Fort Pitt! You used to start with your index finger on your forehead and work your way down,....and say: "Fort Pitt Beer, Comes Out Here...."

Sadly,....they no longer make it in Pgh... or anywhere.....

You are describing my manager....except for he takes 2 or 3 hours for lunch with a large pizza and wings. True story....I come back from my run, afternoon supervisor says have a slice of pizza and some wings (since I can't use his name here let's call him Tubby) Tubby bought it. I reply there's nothing here on Tubby's desk. She says yeah there is.....I reply nope and I will bet you a ten spot that fat sob ate it and it's in the dumpster...She doesn't believe it so we walk out and look in the dumpster and there is an empty large pizza box and chicken wing bones...lmao I wish I was making this u p

Just wondering...from my retirement spot drinking coffee, reading TB, not fighting rush hour traffic to/from work.

Anyone hear any reactions from the salaried personnel about their "involuntary" wage cuts...I realize the sales people don't work for ABF, so you probably wouldn't see them anyway...

Just wondering...from my retirement spot drinking coffee, reading TB, not fighting rush hour traffic to/from work.

Anyone hear any reactions from the salaried personnel about their "involuntary" wage cuts...I realize the sales people don't work for ABF, so you probably wouldn't see them anyway...

And Good Point about the sales people..........they are ArcBest employees,...interested in selling truckload, intermodal, purchased transportation, specialized services,......and maybe,...if it's practically dropped in their laps,...some little LTL.......

They're probably getting full commission,....and smirking at the TM's and dispatchers.......

All of them have complained about it even Tubby. He was crying about having to do the same amount of work or more for less money. With all of the trouble he has gotten himself into you would think he would be happy to have a job. I did ask how there would be more work with less freight and the same amount of office people. Still waiting for an answer.