ABF | Management Layoffs?

Personally, I’d like an ‘Ahrrn City Light’ but we can’t get it out west.

The Shipment of Hazardous Chemicals prohibit Toxic Materials produced in one State, to be transported to a more Pristine State...

Consumption of "Iron City Beer".....causes speech impediments, inordinate waving of towels, and an inexorable belief that the Steelers will win another Superbowl.......

The Shipment of Hazardous Chemicals prohibit Toxic Materials produced in one State, to be transported to a more Pristine State...

Consumption of "Iron City Beer".....causes speech impediments, inordinate waving of towels, and an inexorable belief that the Steelers will win another Superbowl.......
hey Canary...you said it right in an earlier post...I retired just in time on 2/29. Glad I just have to read on TB..
Do they even make Schlitz anymore..that used to be one of my favorites back in the day! I haven't seen it in a while..

They say that "Natty Light" is the choice of old folks and college students..because it is cheap? Any thoughts on that?

I personally don't buy (can't afford) those overpriced "crafty" beers..

hey Canary...you said it right in an earlier post...I retired just in time on 2/29. Glad I just have to read on TB..
Do they even make Schlitz anymore..that used to be one of my favorites back in the day! I haven't seen it in a while..

They say that "Natty Light" is the choice of old folks and college students..because it is cheap? Any thoughts on that?

Unfortunately....I am actually a tee-totaler......I may have a Christmas glass of wine,....but as far as beer is concerned,.....I cannot tell one from the other,...as I do not partake of either....

Now,....if you had posed that question 40 years ago,....I could've discoursed at length,..on "real beers"........such as Duke,...or Fort Pitt,...or Iron City,...Schmidt's,...Schlitz,.....Stroh's........
But my Wife had said; "Lips that touch Alcohol or Tobacco shall Never Touch mine..." And she wasn't kidding! She'd beat me about the Head something terrible.....
Never marry a Czechoslovakian woman,.....unless you want to Toe Her Line......

I'm a Leinenkugel's man, myself. Wisconsin knows how to brew a damn fine beer.

I'm a Leinenkugel's man, myself. Wisconsin knows how to brew a damn fine beer.

My sister went to Marquette in Milwaukee and continued to live in the area after graduation in 1970. My many trips to visit her during her school years and afterwards were made much more enjoyable by the mandatory brewery tours at Schlitz, Pabst and Miller. So sad that Schlitz and Pabst are gone from there. Their tours and sampling venues were terrific.

My sister went to Marquette in Milwaukee and continued to live in the area after graduation in 1970. My many trips to visit her during her school years and afterwards were made much more enjoyable by the mandatory brewery tours at Schlitz, Pabst and Miller. So sad that Schlitz and Pabst are gone from there. Their tours and sampling venues were terrific.
Yes...very sad. Those once-proud breweries have mainly disappeared. We had several out west here that are gone: Blitz-Weinhard, Olympia and Rainier to name a few. These labels can still be found on store shelves, it’s just that the actual brewery is gone. I spent several years in the beer ‘bidness’ in my younger days. At that point, those brands were being ‘contract-brewed’ by Miller Brewing Co., meaning...in whichever of their breweries had space to brew those brands at a certain time, that’s where they brewed it! Could’ve been in Outer Mongolia for all we knew.

Joseph Schlitz Brewing Company. ... Schlitz was bought by Stroh Brewery Company in 1982 and subsequently sold along with the rest of Stroh's assets to Pabst Brewing Company in 1999. Pabst now produces the recently relaunched "Schlitz Gusto" beer and Old Milwaukee.

now..that is a plant tour and sampling that I would have LOVED !

Yes...very sad. Those once-proud breweries have mainly disappeared. We had several out west here that are gone: Blitz-Weinhard, Olympia and Rainier to name a few. These labels can still be found on store shelves, it’s just that the actual brewery is gone. I spent several years in the beer ‘bidness’ in my younger days. At that point, those brands were being ‘contract-brewed’ by Miller Brewing Co., meaning...in whichever of their breweries had space to brew those brands at a certain time, that’s where they brewed it! Could’ve been in Outer Mongolia for all we knew.
"Outer Mongolia" ? Would that be near Wuhan? as I stated earlier, Chinese food..no longer in the 6Pak

Rolling Rock Beer used to be...Proudly,...made in Latrobe , Pa....Their Slogan was: "It's the Water..."....meaning, I guess,..a little mine drainage improved the taste......

Anheiser-Busch bought it,...They shut that brewery down,....moved it to Newark, N.J.......(Good Grief!!!.....No change to the Slogan,...Just changed Hudson River water for mine drainage water....).....

Laid off hundreds of people,...Ruined a very Loyal following,.......and re-opened the plant,..non-Union,...to make the previously Union-produced Iron City Light Beer,.....after shutting down the Union Pittsburgh plant,....that had been in operation since 1858,....

...and ruining another Loyal Following......

"Outer Mongolia" ? Would that be near Wuhan? as I stated earlier, Chinese food..no longer in the 6Pak

Did you mean "South Mongolia"?.....because that's here in W. Penna......Population 132.....Right next to Slickville, Pa. and Moween, Pa.

In 1971 I took a 2-1/2 month 14,000+ mile motorcycle ride around the US and Western Canada. Part of that ride was visiting (and sampling) beer related locations like Busch Gardens in LA, Rainier Brewery in Seattle, Olympia Brewery in Tumwater, Hamm's Brewery in St Paul and of course the three big breweries in Milwaukee. Sadly all of them except for Miller's in Milwaukee all long gone.

In 1971 I took a 2-1/2 month 14,000+ mile motorcycle ride around the US and Western Canada. Part of that ride was visiting (and sampling) beer related locations like Busch Gardens in LA, Rainier Brewery in Seattle, Olympia Brewery in Tumwater, Hamm's Brewery in St Paul and of course the three big breweries in Milwaukee. Sadly all of them except for Miller's in Milwaukee all long gone.
Sounds like a fun trip, Trip! Yes...Rainier, in Seattle. Toured that brewery with the family WAY before I was of legal drinking age along with the Olympia Brewery in Tumwater, WA. Used to stare at that building bordering Interstate 5 in awe each summer as we drove up to the relatives’ houses in Maple Valley to spend a couple of weeks. Heck, that’s all Dad ever drank when we were kids: Rainier, Blitz and Oly! Rarely saw a national brand in the house. And of course, that industry was heavily unionized.

Not wishing my life away but, would’ve loved made that trip. Retired from Army in 2014 and made ride from West Coast to East Tennessee. Took 2 weeks. Most of the U.S. I had ever seen. Didn’t have a plan, that was the plan. Showed up in San Diego on Saturday, paid cash for 2014 dyna glyde, hit the road. Loved it.

Not wishing my life away but, would’ve loved made that trip. Retired from Army in 2014 and made ride from West Coast to East Tennessee. Took 2 weeks. Most of the U.S. I had ever seen. Didn’t have a plan, that was the plan. Showed up in San Diego on Saturday, paid cash for 2014 dyna glyde, hit the road. Loved it.

dZd4H5W.jpg