Estes | Mandatory 6th day

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Do we really have that much extra freight? Maybe im missing something but i dont see it. They have even cancelled a few runs for lack of freight and cut others because they had only one trailer with freight and they didnt want to send it with an empty to save money.

They said the got names up there but to call in first because there might not be enough freight for all the names up there. They just want us ready if there is. So im thinking dont make any plans that weekend because you may or may not work. Shouldnt we get paid for being on standby because they dont have a clue?

You work for Estes. You don't get paid for anything but driving. Remember that when you sit there at the terminal for an hour and a half past your cut or you wait for your meet guy for 2 hours or when you sit in a truck. Stop 20 minutes to fuel You know how it is driver. It's been going on since I can remember the last 28 years

You work for Estes. You don't get paid for anything but driving. Remember that when you sit there at the terminal for an hour and a half past your cut or you wait for your meet guy for 2 hours or when you sit in a truck. Stop 20 minutes to fuel You know how it is driver. It's been going on since I can remember the last 28 years
That waiting that long or longer past your cut time and if its a meet at a truck stop where you more times than not have to wait on your meet guy a while needs to be remedy. If its a bid run you have the same cut time every day and same thing with meets same time every day. There shouldnt be that long of a wait and if there is the driver waiting should get paid and let the management look into why we arent getting out on time. If we showed up late every day an hour to an hour and a half i bet you they would get upset. Its on the driver so they dont care. Telling us to be prepared to run and make plans accordingly even if there is no freight is not right either. If we are told its mandatory and then there is no freight we should get a little something for putting our life on hold for the company. I know its not going to change and they wonder why most of the workforce dont get on board with their games like this new health coach thingy they keep sending to our phones about and stuff like that. Quit stealing our time and treat us like you would like to get treated.

They said the got names up there but to call in first because there might not be enough freight for all the names up there. They just want us ready if there is. So im thinking dont make any plans that weekend because you may or may not work. Shouldnt we get paid for being on standby because they dont have a clue?
If being paid for standby or guarding the phone, I'd have more money than Carter has little liver pills.

That waiting that long or longer past your cut time and if its a meet at a truck stop where you more times than not have to wait on your meet guy a while needs to be remedy. If its a bid run you have the same cut time every day and same thing with meets same time every day. There shouldnt be that long of a wait and if there is the driver waiting should get paid and let the management look into why we arent getting out on time. If we showed up late every day an hour to an hour and a half i bet you they would get upset. Its on the driver so they dont care. Telling us to be prepared to run and make plans accordingly even if there is no freight is not right either. If we are told its mandatory and then there is no freight we should get a little something for putting our life on hold for the company. I know its not going to change and they wonder why most of the workforce dont get on board with their games like this new health coach thingy they keep sending to our phones about and stuff like that. Quit stealing our time and treat us like you would like to get treated.
Some meets have the same cut times on both sides and not the same mileage, or one departs from a busy inter city terminal and sits in traffic an hour

Some meets have the same cut times on both sides and not the same mileage, or one departs from a busy inter city terminal and sits in traffic an hour
Have seen several times they hold you up at a terminal as long as 3 hours to get some gold medal freight coming in from where ever that needs to be on your trailer. Thats when it burns 3 hours with no pay sitting in a crappy drivers room. Turning a 9 hour day into 11 because of their mismanagement.

6th Day is just one more happy day away from the wife's honey do list or going to visit her sister Betty !
call GIF

You Non-Union People are like the Guy who cleans up the Elephant poop at the circus, He tells everyone "Well at least I'm in show business."
No. Estes has made it clear they will shut down any terminal that tries to unionize. So do i want to be a union worker without a job or a non union worker with a job to take care of my family. Estes has some short comings, but they do pay well and seem to have a sense of how to run a business. There is nothing wrong with cleaning elephant poop if he is happy and it pays the bills. Everybody has a part to play. Im a driver but without sales people, dock workers, mechanics, and even the janitors cleaning the terminals i cant do it all. We all come together to make it work.

Unionize, No mandatory 6th or 7th days
Ask Yellow they now have NO mandatory work days at all. The model no longer works, reason why you only have a couple of union carriers compared to over 150 when it all first started. The entitlement syndrome closed all these companies, everyone can complain it is management but doing 2-3 BPH vs non-union doing 5-6 BPH will not work. Or using the old comment, I am going to slow down…nowadays you slowdown someone will take your job. Don’t fall for what the union could do, Yellow could have been saved but the IBT no longer wanted to deal with Yellow, that should have been the employees decision.

You union guys are like the kids outside the baseball stadium wishing you could play in the big leagues. Life at Estes isn't perfect but we got a good gig. We ran and still are running circles around you union guys. Getting paid pretty good to do it. I will be glad when the last union commie Biden supporting carrier breathes its last breath.

You union guys are like the kids outside the baseball stadium wishing you could play in the big leagues. Life at Estes isn't perfect but we got a good gig. We ran and still are running circles around you union guys. Getting paid pretty good to do it. I will be glad when the last union commie Biden supporting carrier breathes its last breath.
This is an unbelievable comment....you want to make jobs and job losses a political thing, I would never want anyone to lose a job because I don't like the political party they belong to, and I am a registered Republican..... I don't contribute to DRIVE myself because I will give directly to whoever I support....and by the way, I have no grand illusions that either party actually cares about the working man, they both suck balls....

Believe it. I’ve given many reasons on this forum why I do not support a union. Estes compensates my service well. I could complain about things I don’t like about anything. When I or anyone addresses a concern
on this forum, all we get from you union guys is “ join a union , elephant crap picker-upper!” You completely ignore the disrespect and mis truths like, no mandatory sixth day if you join a union. You’re blind , your union is blind. The walls are closing in on you guys and you don’t have clue how to stop it.