Estes | Mandatory 6th day

I would like to educate some of you about Estes. When we hire in on linehaul or hub we are and we’re given a choice to go linehaul or hub. Hub works the dock at terminals , linehaul does not. But I must say the linehaul guys that hate waiting , I’ve seen punch in and start working. Hub guys can work the dock. Most do not. They sit in their trucks and wait. I haven’t met one linehaul driver who wishes he went hub. When given a choice most drivers will not clock in. So that being said, why should Estes pay drivers to wait , when drivers have been given many opportunities to work and get paid? Wanting to get paid while not working and passing on work is the entitlement attitude that brought down the mighty teamster companies. For the rare guy who wants to work and can’t and gets screwed, he needs to run it up the flag pole.
I don't know about that... but what I do know about...and not Estes OD and in Denver. They don't give the guys ot over 40. WTH. My non union job pays me time and a half every minute after 8 hours or 10. Depending on the bid. Again non union. So.. my better half at least has a job that pays ot. He would never consider working a job that didn't pay overtime. He is City P and D. For the record bad management brought down many of the mighty teamsters companies

I don't know about that... but what I do know about...and not Estes OD and in Denver. They don't give the guys ot over 40. WTH. My non union job pays me time and a half every minute after 8 hours or 10. Depending on the bid. Again non union. So.. my better half at least has a job that pays ot. He would never consider working a job that didn't pay overtime. He is City P and D. For the record bad management brought down many of the mighty teamsters companies
And non - union cut rate competition.

Last edited:
I would like to educate some of you about Estes. When we hire in on linehaul or hub we are and we’re given a choice to go linehaul or hub. Hub works the dock at terminals , linehaul does not. But I must say the linehaul guys that hate waiting , I’ve seen punch in and start working. Hub guys can work the dock. Most do not. They sit in their trucks and wait. I haven’t met one linehaul driver who wishes he went hub. When given a choice most drivers will not clock in. So that being said, why should Estes pay drivers to wait , when drivers have been given many opportunities to work and get paid? Wanting to get paid while not working and passing on work is the entitlement attitude that brought down the mighty teamster companies. For the rare guy who wants to work and can’t and gets screwed, he needs to run it up the flag pole.
I can agree with much of what you said, except for the "entitlement attitude"...if it is written in the contract that you don't do something, it is plain and simple you don't do it.....its the same thing as rate of pay or anything else...the company agreed to it....they need to negotiate something different at contract time...

You union guys are like the kids outside the baseball stadium wishing you could play in the big leagues. Life at Estes isn't perfect but we got a good gig. We ran and still are running circles around you union guys. Getting paid pretty good to do it. I will be glad when the last union commie Biden supporting carrier breathes its last breath.
Why is it, that when you see a Bad Accident Involving a Commercial Vehicle....It's usually a non-Union Company involved?

I don't live in the west. Where I'm at the pensions not looking so good. If I plan on moving west and was considering joining a union , I'll make sure I educate myself on the western conference pension fund. Thanks for the tip.
I’m gonna guess you live in Central States area… I guess you didn’t get the memo, with the bailout they got Central States is doing fine for now.

If bailed out makes you comfortable with a pension that's on you. Also, we all know yellow was the cheapest hauler out here. If ups makes teamster lovers have hope , more power to you. I pretty much see non union all night.

If bailed out makes you comfortable with a pension that's on you. Also, we all know yellow was the cheapest hauler out here. If ups makes teamster lovers have hope , more power to you. I pretty much see non union all night.
Well bless your heart, It's hard for me to live with the horrible fact that your tax dollars has funded my check for the past 33 years.
I can hardly sleep at night, but I'll keep trying and you just keep funding.