XPO | March 9th Video and Meeting

Gunner119

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been watching this sight for a while now. First time I have started a thread. I just have to ask ? Anyone know the content of Friday evenings (March 6th) conference call or any idea on the Video and meeting for Monday ( March 9th).
A lot of people I know thinks that it is going to be the BIG MARCH HIT a lot of people has heard about ever since Black Friday.

Welcome to the boards gunner1119.

There is no telling about the content of the meeting. We will have to wait and see. Anything else would be speculation at this time.

I belive that the 401k matching is gone for the time being.I know thats bad but still better than taking a cut in our pay rate.Times are tough for every company out there and only the strong will survive.Lets all hope we hit bottom soon and start to recover. CONWAY will survive. We will have to trust that our company managment make the right choices for our future

Welcome Gunner.

It's going to be about NASCAR truck racing.

It is so popular and profitable that we are graduating to NASCAR car racing!!!​

I belive that the 401k matching is gone for the time being.I know thats bad but still better than taking a cut in our pay rate.Times are tough for every company out there and only the strong will survive.Lets all hope we hit bottom soon and start to recover. CONWAY will survive. We will have to trust that our company managment make the right choices for our future

You know what the worst part of all of these cuts are? They never ask the little guys opinions on these matters. They never came to us about the pension plan, they just decided one day to get rid of it. Maybe just once they could come to us and tell us their plans and get input from us before they just do something. It would be a lot easier for me to "buy" into the idea of a pension cut, a pay cut, 401k suspension, uniforms made from tablecloths, etc. Rather than just having them crammed down my throat. :nutkick:

I have lived up to my end of our "employment contract" everyday, but they keep changing this contract without consulting me, or anybody else. Whatever happened to people and companies keeping their word. What about integrity? ... Oh, wait a minute, I forgot, that's not one of our companies principles any more. :duh:

They are going to shoot all the non-performers, thus thinning the ranks...no lay-offs!!!!

Rat:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Anyone over the age of 50, will be "economically terminated". Thinning of the herd, to coin a phrase.

Anyone over the age of 50, will be "economically terminated". Thinning of the herd, to coin a phrase.

Makes sense to me. Am sure Conway would also find that approach very attractive.

Makes sense to me. Am sure Conway would also find that approach very attractive.

yes.....higher rate for health insurance, and, more likely to use it. Also, and this is the most important item, they are less likely to be Nascar fanatics.

yes.....higher rate for health insurance, and, more likely to use it. Also, and this is the most important item, they are less likely to be Nascar fanatics.

ummm....I thought all Conway employees were NASCAR fanatics, regardless of age????????

ummm....I thought all Conway employees were NASCAR fanatics, regardless of age????????

Thinking??? Again with the "thinking"?????

We have instructed you to stop doing this before, apparently you are ignoring our demand to cease and desist any and all forms of this, useless activity.

Thinking??? Again with the "thinking"?????

We have instructed you to stop doing this before, apparently you are ignoring our demand to cease and desist any and all forms of this, useless activity.

Yeah!...Whats up with this 'thinking' thing. Never heard of it before...it isn't practiced in the Glass House therefore it doesn't exist.

Rat :loser:

Uummm...no!!!:duh:

Rat :loser:
OK, that was a stretch. I thought (oops) that any Conway employee that wants to "participate" and wave the corporate flag was a NASCAR fanatic. I guess you gotta think that taking a valued customer to watch us crash our own race truck is better then taking him/her to a local pro ball game. Yup, attending those NFL, MLB, and NBA games would really demostrate just how class-less we are. Yeah, those semi pro sports really suck too, and collectivly, all of them are available year around.

So, to be clear, nothing sez "I love you" like some good race truck watching.