Estes | Memo coming out Monday.

Kings disciple

Ecc. 12:13
Credits
Hot off the press....

Just like Mr. slopway told us on another thread...system wide rebid is coming for sure.
Boss read me the memo and it stated-
Rebids in Feb.
There will also be a change in policy for a driver that has his/her run permantly canceled.
The displaced driver will have the opportunity to bump a junior man for a schedule bid. (no more 20yr. guys stuck on E/B forever):clap:
This will be based on seniority in that classification. (same way as we have always done on a new run or a run opened because of retirement etc.)
These two changes will take place per the Big House because of high driver feedback.
There will still be a survey sent out (to east div.) asking the drivers to vote on if we want to keep bidding runs on a yearly basis.

Thank you Richmond for listening to your drivers!

correction:
The re-bid will be done after the other by-passes to be done in Feb.
Probably will happen in early March.
I think most everybody probably got a paper on all this tonight.

Is there anything about combining L/H and Hub seniority together for people trying to get off of a hub run after having their L/H run cancelled

No chevyman I did'nt read anything like that.
There'll probably be more details coming next week though.

Keep on eye on the board this weekend some of the TM's put this memo out yesterday so I'm sure somebody will by posting more info here this weekend.

Got my survey form yesturday and filled it out..Gave it back to the TM..Has to be back in Richmond by the 13th of November..

Got a question here. Not sure exactly what a "bypass lane" is. Is that what they did at Westex a while back/ just run the freight thru+ not breaking it there or is there more to it? Thanks

Got a question here. Not sure exactly what a "bypass lane" is. Is that what they did at Westex a while back/ just run the freight thru+ not breaking it there or is there more to it? Thanks

I've been wondering that same thing.
I know that's what they called the Westsex deal but I still don't fully understand it.

They mentioned 135, 089 and 164 in the new by-pass. But like in the case of 135 did'nt we just move into that bigger terminal? Why then by-pass it?
Some things (well alot of things) are over my head I reckon...lol

supposed to mean drop those west coast direct loads in these term. thats what they say anyway

Thanks for the clarification guys. At 055 they changed over from breaking + building loads to just combining pups from different origins and sending them to 028 for breaking. Pretty much same amount of freight passing in + out the gate but just less handling.

Ya Buzz and that's a good thing for everybody.
Less chance for damage, and road drivers do'nt have to wait for them to "close a trailor" as much.

Ya Buzz and that's a good thing for everybody.
Less chance for damage, and road drivers do'nt have to wait for them to "close a trailor" as much.

Not sure that's true.. it means a lot of trailers aren't being dropped into terminals between the two points which makes utility and guys in bed have nothing to do. We used to relay say 1 and an empty to the closest term inside the path of two larger terminals. That seems to have all changed. I know very little gets relayed say into 092 between 055-028 anymore. BTW they just reduced workforce in 092 friday. And in the case 055 to 028 besides the teams I tend to think it's the contractors that don't have to wait for them to "close a trailor". But maybe I'm wrong just seems to always be people waiting for a long time.

Not sure that's true.. it means a lot of trailers aren't being dropped into terminals between the two points which makes utility and guys in bed have nothing to do. We used to relay say 1 and an empty to the closest term inside the path of two larger terminals. That seems to have all changed. I know very little gets relayed say into 092 between 055-028 anymore. BTW they just reduced workforce in 092 friday. And in the case 055 to 028 besides the teams I tend to think it's the contractors that don't have to wait for them to "close a trailor". But maybe I'm wrong just seems to always be people waiting for a long time.

You may be right on that, I've never really understood exactly how this deal works.

Hot off the press....

Just like Mr. slopway told us on another thread...system wide rebid is coming for sure.
Boss read me the memo and it stated-
Rebids in Feb.
There will also be a change in policy for a driver that has his/her run permantly canceled.
The displaced driver will have the opportunity to bump a junior man for a schedule bid. (no more 20yr. guys stuck on E/B forever):clap:
This will be based on seniority in that classification. (same way as we have always done on a new run or a run opened because of retirement etc.)
These two changes will take place per the Big House because of high driver feedback.
There will still be a survey sent out (to east div.) asking the drivers to vote on if we want to keep bidding runs on a yearly basis.

Thank you Richmond for listening to your drivers!

i got a question for those that have had a meeting on this and hopefully have heard from someone higher than terminal manager as im hearing different stories from drivers.

the bump bid, is it going into affect even if we all decide against yearly bids. or is it attached to yearly bid, and a no vote votes it all down. im hearing both ways.

the letter i read from others says to me it goes in either way.

also the letter only says man who lost his run permantly can bump another man, but doesnt it work, that a man bumped can then bump another and keep bumping all the way down to last driver. like a rebid from man whose run was cut all the way down. of course it could skip drivers depending on which men get bumped.

those in g i please clarify.

:Off-Topic: Tell me something, have any of you heard about Fedex & CCX cutting rates even more to 90% for 90 days? Didnt think there was any truth to it untill yesterday when our regional mgr & sales reps confirmed it. Also Big E had lost 6 major accounts ( 1 of them being starbucks, a 3,000 shipments per week ). I know here in the midwest we have lost a lot of freight, your lucky if you get your 8 for the day. Wish ya the best of luck:Flame-On:

:Off-Topic: Tell me something, have any of you heard about Fedex & CCX cutting rates even more to 90% for 90 days? Didnt think there was any truth to it untill yesterday when our regional mgr & sales reps confirmed it. Also Big E had lost 6 major accounts ( 1 of them being starbucks, a 3,000 shipments per week ). I know here in the midwest we have lost a lot of freight, your lucky if you get your 8 for the day. Wish ya the best of luck:Flame-On:

I saw on Fox or one those financial networks about a month ago that Starbucks was doing a lot of re-alignment to their operation..I think they said they would be closing about 200 stores.The other one you mentioned,haven't heard anything about a 3000 bill account..

Our sales guy told me thats just not happing,but did say they are giving deep discounts.He said it would hurt CCX in the long run.FedX like UPS has truck loads of money from their package trucks to keep them going.

The bypassing is supposed to make sure the trailers that move from break to break are full. All the Northeast 1 day lanes to GBO are now 2 day lanes. The freight gets dropped here @ 024 and if they are full, they are sent with one of our numerous schedule runs to RIC to meet with a GBO driver. There are also teams that run between GBO,HAR,CHA that only haul this freight. If a trailer comes into HAR from say SYR and the manifest says it weighs 12,000 and its only cubed at 85%.. the trailer must be brought against the dock and have freight added to it. It MUST have a higher cube and more weight on it then when it got to HAR in order for it to leave for GBO. If my understanding is correct. This of course is supposed to be the exact same for loads coming out of the south to HAR. So in a way, we're handling the freight less, but instead of building solids heading through the breaks(even if the freight is there to do so) were building break loads. Essentially handling the freight more. It'd be better if the EOL terminals would actually make headloads for other EOL terminals. This just never seems to happen. I think if they just took a little more time to tweak this, it could actually work better. It all boils down to communication amongst the terminals, which we all know isn't going to happen. Considering dispatch/management in the same terminal can't talk to each other.

I heard you fellas will get the survey on Thursday attached to your pay checks. Maybe this is old news, just thought I'd share.