Estes | Memo coming out Monday.

The bypassing is supposed to make sure the trailers that move from break to break are full. All the Northeast 1 day lanes to GBO are now 2 day lanes. The freight gets dropped here @ 024 and if they are full, they are sent with one of our numerous schedule runs to RIC to meet with a GBO driver. There are also teams that run between GBO,HAR,CHA that only haul this freight. If a trailer comes into HAR from say SYR and the manifest says it weighs 12,000 and its only cubed at 85%.. the trailer must be brought against the dock and have freight added to it. It MUST have a higher cube and more weight on it then when it got to HAR in order for it to leave for GBO. If my understanding is correct. This of course is supposed to be the exact same for loads coming out of the south to HAR. So in a way, we're handling the freight less, but instead of building solids heading through the breaks(even if the freight is there to do so) were building break loads. Essentially handling the freight more. It'd be better if the EOL terminals would actually make headloads for other EOL terminals. This just never seems to happen. I think if they just took a little more time to tweak this, it could actually work better. It all boils down to communication amongst the terminals, which we all know isn't going to happen. Considering dispatch/management in the same terminal can't talk to each other.

I heard you fellas will get the survey on Thursday attached to your pay checks. Maybe this is old news, just thought I'd share.

We already got ours at 057 EE..It came with the explaination page of the "bump bid".. Filled out and sent in,roger...