XPO | Monday morning meeting 3/2/09

Credits
We were told to come in 1/2 hour early monday. Eany one have a inside scoop on what this one will be about? I sure hope we dont get our benefits enhanced again!

Saying goodbye to some old ways, and introducing some new ones...moving forward with Lean Six Sigma...

This is exciting stuff! Con-way has always been the pioneers of using methods and strategies to squeeze every ounce of efficiency out of itself.
LTL's already and have been watching you guys on your line-haul operation. "If Con-way can do it we can do it"....Now that's a compliment.

The LSS has been proven over and over again to be excellent, and you guys are "in it to win it" if you continue to embrace and use this method.

The weak will eventually weed themselves out.

Nah, the changing definitions of the values, the mission statement, and seeing the six sigma process....relax and enjoy your weekend..

Is this what was talked about in the last video by John L.?

relax and enjoy your weekend..

Thanks..I will...you and everybody else do the same. You earned it.

Rat :loser:

This is exciting stuff! Con-way has always been the pioneers of using methods and strategies to squeeze every ounce of efficiency out of itself.
LTL's already and have been watching you guys on your line-haul operation. "If Con-way can do it we can do it"....Now that's a compliment.

The LSS has been proven over and over again to be excellent, and you guys are "in it to win it" if you continue to embrace and use this method.

The weak will eventually weed themselves out.
It's funny you put that last little statement in there. They "weed" somebody out every month with a drug test. And that's no joke. Too many weak people weeding themselves out at our place.:nutkick:

It's funny you put that last little statement in there. They "weed" somebody out every month with a drug test. And that's no joke. Too many weak people weeding themselves out at our place.:nutkick:

There must be a peyote joke in there somewhere...just can't think of one yet!:biglaugh:

Rat :popcorn:

Is this what was talked about in the last video by John L.?

relax and enjoy your weekend..

Thanks..I will...you and everybody else do the same. You earned it.

Rat :loser:

Yes, it is...Human nature is to resist change, but thankfully I have always been one to enjoy it...there is that refreshing element that comes with it, kind of a "starting over"...We have already had management teams working together this week, communicating back and forth, FOS to FOS, sic to sic..working the hiccups out...good things are happening..

I know Lean Sigma Six has been around for awhile and some companies use it and some don't, some take bits and pieces of it and fail. (EPIC FAIL)
You have to dedicate yourself to this 100% to make it work and the results will follow.

My understanding is it is bred from the top and trickled down.
When it comes down to our level, this is when people start complaining and thinking more negatively about there company for making yet another change. (The complaints shouldn't be)

I'm betting a lot of members in here will think this stuff is way over their head. It's tough to learn and understand if you don't have an open mind for change.

It's also impossible to explain corporate level ideologies in a nutshell, so I am going to post three of the most simplistic videos ever to try and help. It helped me.

After watching these videos....Leave the strategic decisions to the CEO's and think to yourself:
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Here is my nutshell contribution:
[YT]LNtEW4DVRkE[/YT]

[YT]L0tpuBo7tnk[/YT]
[YT]2XdFKe7YnWE[/YT]

So...no enhancements coming our way. thats good! I for one tend to resist change.Its not always what its made up to be. Seems DSRs always get the short end of the stick when changes are made. Guess im just old and set in my ways, but i like it like that.

As Lean Six Sigma is going to be all about effectiveness, efficiency and eliminating waste, I gotta believe that every single employee is going to have alot to contribute, not just in the process of performing, but in the area of ideas...But, as you say, the mind must be opened up...

So...no enhancements coming our way. thats good! I for one tend to resist change.Its not always what its made up to be. Seems DSRs always get the short end of the stick when changes are made. Guess im just old and set in my ways, but i like it like that.

Gotta be a mover and not a shaker. Go with the flow or drown.
In many ways the complainers and whiners move and flow rather than shake and drown.

:hide: Teaching an old dog new tricks, is at best challenging.
Then again, letting your old dogs teach you some new tricks....could be a real good thing, if, and only if, the old dogs master is willing to try the new tricks being taught.
I am right there with you Oldtimer50, we have entered that time in life where stable certainly looks better than change. :smilie_132:However, if the lean6 thing accomplishes the mission of getting management to actually listen to and contemplate, and possibly implement ideas for improvement put forward by us peons, it should be helpful.
What am I saying???
If management does all that, it will be a MIRACLE!