XPO | Monday morning meeting 3/2/09

:hide: Teaching an old dog new tricks, is at best challenging.
Then again, letting your old dogs teach you some new tricks....could be a real good thing, if, and only if, the old dogs master is willing to try the new tricks being taught.
I am right there with you Oldtimer50, we have entered that time in life where stable certainly looks better than change. :smilie_132:However, if the lean6 thing accomplishes the mission of getting management to actually listen to and contemplate, and possibly implement ideas for improvement put forward by us peons, it should be helpful.
What am I saying???
If management does all that, it will be a MIRACLE!

I prefer to wonder if the old dog is willing to learn and/or willing to teach...

I am right there with you Oldtimer50, we have entered that time in life where stable certainly looks better than change.
If management does all that, it will be a MIRACLE!

If you stay stable you will become stagnant and be passed up by the competition. Your bottom line will start to erode in this weak economy.
Being proactive while moving forward will forge new efficient paths no one else is daring to travel. (Because they prefer to be stable?)

Management has always been implementing Sigma Six stuff on you guys.
This idea didn't suddenly appear.
Now is the time to go balls out on it.

Old dogs better be up to the task to accept the change.

Did I tell you I have a Con-way tattoo on me?

I prefer to wonder if the old dog is willing to learn and/or willing to teach...
:hide: Most of us old dogs are more than willing to learn and teach. The learning part would be much more welcomed if the reasoning behind it were explained. John L seems to have some what of a grasp on it.
The teaching part has been stifled for so many years, we will really have to see that our leaders are listening.
3 sc's, 6 scm,s, untold fos,s, I can count on one hand the times I was asked my opinion.
The only teaching Conway has ever asked me to do is training new hires in the ways of the company. I have always done my best to help the newbies,
remembering the help that was showered on me when I was the newbie.
Yes, I am old and set in my ways. At the same time, I realize that change is inevitable.
If lean6 succeeds, it will be due to management finally listening to the little voices that have been ignored for so many years.
Yes, some management is willing to listen, but they are few and far between.:smilie_132:

Funny you should mention that at the end...One of the things we were told at the big meeting on this subject was that there would be victims....and I don't think the reference was made toward hourly folks at the time...I am extremely cautious, yet excited about what this may all hold for us...There is a chance for this to be very special, we will have to watch...
One more thing...If I waited to see if my group was going to listen to an idea I had, I would still be waiting..."steppin' up" requires just that...don't stand behind the curtain and hope for applause..