FedEx Freight | More furloughs/relocations announced.

So much for the FedEx dream/nightmare of a UPS strike. That and Yellow with a short term reprieve, what will FedEx do next? Guessing not good news for many at bottom. I do hope they can hang on until conditions improve

UPS, union avoid strike that could have cost billions with ‘historic’ new deal​

Union calls off strike against Yellow after benefits concession​

UPS deal is all but done, however Yellow's issues haven't changed a bit, and there appears no clear path to a favorable outcome.

Why not? Sean O’Brien seems to be doing a fine job for his membership.
Great job for UPS, but so much for Yellow drivers IMHO.

Also, I think they could have helped us significantly more when it was a real possibility of representation at FXFE.

Regardless of my opinion, too many current FXFE drivers consider the Teamsters to be a deal breaker, not even being worthy of consideration. Not so much anti-Union, as just anti-Teamster. That's a problem of their own making.

Always wondered why "support" seemed to have been throttled back, at one point. We could speculate, but I don't see any benefit to going there.

Some may remember the most laughable "effort" being the band-aid campaign.

Great job for UPS, but so much for Yellow drivers IMHO.

Also, I think they could have helped us significantly more when it was a real possibility of representation at FXFE.

Regardless of my opinion, too many current FXFE drivers consider the Teamsters to be a deal breaker, not even being worthy of consideration. Not so much anti-Union, as just anti-Teamster. That's a problem of their own making.

Always wondered why "support" seemed to have been throttled back, at one point. We could speculate, but I don't see any benefit to going there.

Some may remember the most laughable "effort" being the band-aid campaign.

We could debate this for twenty pages, but I’ll just hit on a few points. I believe that most of you, and I include you on this as well, only wanted to use the Teamsters as a scare tactic to FedEx leadership. I believe that was obvious during the “campaign”. Some of us were serious but most of you were just playing games. The Teamsters leadership saw this too, which is why they were apprehensive about using members dues money in a wasteful manner.

As far as Yellow, I feel I’m not alone in believing that the Teamster leadership, and more importantly the rank and file, are the only reason Yellow is still here to be discussed. They have done more than their fair share to save that outfit.

Last edited:
The Teamsters didn’t do very well for you when you worked for FedEx Freight.

You’re confusing the leadership of the time at Local 71, and the International. My experience with Local 71 left some things to be desired. The members have long since exercised their voices and voted them out. You see, as a teamster you have a voice that must be heard. The leadership at Local 71 currently are stand up guys. I’ve worked a couple of campaigns since those days that involved Local 71 current leadership, and an organizer from Joint Council 9, who is a real stand up guy in his own right. I have no complaints.

Last edited:
We could debate this for twenty pages, but I’ll just hit on a few points. I believe that most of you, and I include you on this as well, only wanted to use the Teamsters as a scare tactic to FedEx leadership. I believe that was obvious during the “campaign”. Some of us were serious but most of you were just playing games. The Teamsters leadership saw this too, which is why they were apprehensive about using members dues money in a wasteful manner.

As far as Yellow, I feel I’m not alone in believing that the Teamster leadership, and more importantly the rank and file, are the only reason Yellow is still here to be discussed. They have done more than their fair share to save that outfit.
Not a problem, brother. Yeah I still call ya that. I know where we stand, and I've got no problem with that. Never going to show a losing hand. We play the hand we're dealt, as best we can.

Here is the problem... There was never a majority of centers that had representation.. A few and in a network as big as this it is a no win situation. A lot of cut throat things were done from leadership because they just played the waiting game. Equipment.. other items.. zip code changes to pull freight out. They played the game so it was never going to have any traction. That battle was lost and nothing can be done to change that because majority did not stand together.

Here is the problem... There was never a majority of centers that had representation.. A few and in a network as big as this it is a no win situation. A lot of cut throat things were done from leadership because they just played the waiting game. Equipment.. other items.. zip code changes to pull freight out. They played the game so it was never going to have any traction. That battle was lost and nothing can be done to change that because majority did not stand together.
Yup you got it right. Like I’ve stated before… CLT had it but then big hubs like ATL, MEM, Hagerstown didn’t join.. that was the time for us to all come together.. the past is the past though, and we are here now because of that decision back then

I remember they would park brand new tractors in the back and tape them off.. they were playing their game like you said.

Yup you got it right. Like I’ve stated before… CLT had it but then big hubs like ATL, MEM, Hagerstown didn’t join.. that was the time for us to all come together.. the past is the past though, and we are here now because of that decision back then

I remember they would park brand new tractors in the back and tape them off.. they were playing their game like you said.
Majority believed them when they said they would do better. It was only lies to break up what little unity we had.

Fast forward nine years, and union threat is gone. Now they are worse than ever. With no regard or care for any driver at all.

IMHO the road board will be lucky to to be 30% company driver's in five years.

Majority believed them when they said they would do better. It was only lies to break up what little unity we had.

Fast forward nine years, and union threat is gone. Now they are worse than ever. With no regard or care for any driver at all.

IMHO the road board will be lucky to to be 30% company driver's in five years.
No, the road board will always be company drivers, I think. But I think you're right about the numbers.

Anything other than local yard to yard runs (like the DFW metroplex) will be put on PT. FDXF makes a killing on per bill surcharge and only pays a single surcharge per PT.

They'll keep the local runs around for dock hands and drayage.

No, the road board will always be company drivers, I think. But I think you're right about the numbers.

Anything other than local yard to yard runs (like the DFW metroplex) will be put on PT. FDXF makes a killing on per bill surcharge and only pays a single surcharge per PT.

They'll keep the local runs around for dock hands and drayage.

They'll definitely keep drayage. PT is a toss up. The prices fluctuate, when they're high they use company drivers. When it's cheap, like right now they use PT.

You’re confusing the leadership of the time at Local 71, and the International. My experience with Local 71 left some things to be desired. The members have long since exercised their voices and voted them out. You see, as a teamster you have a voice that must be heard. The leadership at Local 71 currently are stand up guys. I’ve worked a couple of campaigns since those days that involved Local 71 current leadership, and an organizer from Joint Council 9, who is a real stand up guy in his own right. I have no complaints.
I helped send 3 from 71 to prison before your time.
I guess I didn't do a good enough job.

A lot of things were done with lies and intimidation. Worked to move freight around locations to decrease the staffing needs and pull work out with the hopes it would sway the majority. Had list of target who was pro and who was not. Heck even added runs that were not in the best interest of the company to sway the vote.. Just ask CMH... now ask if they still have those runs. If anyone wanted to question the change of operations over the past years and really challenged how things were done and demanded actual tonnage that was used you would be surprised. Problem is no checks and balances... anything in the name of so called savings.

A lot of things were done with lies and intimidation. Worked to move freight around locations to decrease the staffing needs and pull work out with the hopes it would sway the majority. Had list of target who was pro and who was not. Heck even added runs that were not in the best interest of the company to sway the vote.. Just ask CMH... now ask if they still have those runs. If anyone wanted to question the change of operations over the past years and really challenged how things were done and demanded actual tonnage that was used you would be surprised. Problem is no checks and balances... anything in the name of so called savings.
BBD or hub desecration two things I hate to hear management say..